Poll: What Was Your Favourite PlayStation Game of E3 2014?

Decisions, decisions

Retreads and re-releases have certainly been the theme of E3 2014, but that doesn’t mean that the colossal convention has failed to deliver on all of its hype. All of the major manufacturers laid on largely compelling press conferences, with the wide roster of next-gen releases arguably stealing the show. With all of the big announcements out of the way, though, we figured that we’d present you with the taxing task of picking your favourite – and this is a tough one, so you may want to start thinking while we continue with this pointless pre-amble.

Embedded below, you’ll find a shortlist of 20 of the biggest PlayStation titles. These are all releases that had a presence at this year’s Los Angeles-based event, be it a trailer, on-stage cameo, or booth demo. There were frankly far too many titles to include on a single poll, so we’ve picked the games that we felt had the biggest impact. As such, you may not find your personal favourite on the list, but hopefully you’ll at least see something that takes your fancy. You only get one vote, so you’re going to want to make it count.

Has the promise of Bloodborne bowled you over, or are you more partial to Batman: Arkham Knight’s ballin’ Batmobile badassery? Perhaps you were more impressed with Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, or maybe LittleBigPlanet 3 leaped straight into your heart? Peruse our poll, pace around the room, then pick your winner – and help us to decide Push Square’s E3 2014 PlayStation Game of the Show.

The title with the most votes on Thursday, 12th June 2014 at 22:00PM BST will be selected as our overall champion. However, in the event of a tie, the Push Square team will conduct a private poll to decide on an overall victor.

The voting has now closed. Thanks everyone for taking part.

Ridwaano

Ridwaano said:

Sammy so evil!!... i can no chose... between Da3 or Witch3 !!
......................................................................................................................

kingston589

kingston589 said:

Suprisngly for me i chose hardline. That gameplay with cops an robbers was sooo cool! But lbp 3 is my 2nd with unity being my third

sackninja

sackninja said:

Lots of variety in the votes. Interesting. Lbp seems only with multiple votes.

Cloud7794

Cloud7794 said:

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

It's not on the list but that's where my vote goes lol. In the meantime LBP will have it.

al_b_614

al_b_614 said:

Most of the games at E3 2014 look lame the division and mortal kombat are the exception. O and destiny, everything thing else im like is that it. Games haven't been very good for about 3 years. Thats like watch dogs i bought it day one digital played it 1 or 2 days and was really bored. Mk will get your heart beating fast, the mp is action packed. Idk can some one show me an awesome game comeing to ps4 this year

N711

N711 said:

The witcher will be a fantastic game but the little I saw of Uncharted 4, OMG I cant think of any other game you could label 'Next Gen' like this one just having a glimpse of it.
btw anyone heard of Lords of the Fallen? I was hoping to have a release date

I've voted for LittleBigPlanet 3.

@al_b_614 Whoops, looks like we took out your two favourites. It was really difficult getting this down to 20, but hopefully you found something you liked.

LDXD

LDXD said:

@N711 yes lords of the fallen will most likely be a day one purchase for me
I think I've herd some where it comes out 1st quarter 2015 but I'm not really sure

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

Like @AeroZeppelin I'm going with No Mans Sky. It looked mesmerising & if it delivers on its promise then it's going to be an immense experience. Most tantalising game shown at the entirety of E3

calin1010

calin1010 said:

My vote goes to Arkham Knight, I tought I'll hold on buying a PS4 until Second Son came out, but if AK came out today I would buy the system in a heart-beat just for it

al_b_614

al_b_614 said:

Why did u leave mk off? It looks great, abzu whats that? I bet mk would have been top 3 or 5. But anyway most of the stuff shown this year wasnt very exciting. I will be honest im an old school gamer i dont get excited for cg videos of games, i wanna see gameplay. Arkam knight ran on pc no big deal but witcher 3 appeared at microsoft presser. I mean i just feel like i cant belive u left mk off. other than destiny i don't see many games to get my hart pounding, or must have launch day titles. Thats just my own opinion, it dont matter much to most just me but abzu over mk?

@al_b_614 We simply had to cut it down, and wanted to include a couple of the more creative indie projects, too. I'm personally very excited for MKX, too, so do understand your disappointment!

al_b_614

al_b_614 said:

Your so cool for responding my friend im new to your site. I read push sqaure articles all the time on appy gamer. I never had some one directly respond from a site, thanks again. Mk looks way tight im so excited 4 X mk 9 was my favorite game last gen. The dial a combo set up was tight because u could kind of make your own 3 styles per fighter this game will b deep. Ive seen enough inde games for one year. 😄😊😅

Mrskinner

Mrskinner said:

@N711 I was watching the 20 minute livestream on Twitch of Lords of the fallen yesterday, but no news of a release date. Looks great though

ferrers405

ferrers405 said:

Uncharted promises a dark and sad end to the fourth game and that's what can make it a incredible game, so my vote go for that.

gbanas92Staff

gbanas92 said:

Abzu all the way! I had a huge grin on my face for that whole trailer. It looks fantastic!

3rdEyeMind

3rdEyeMind said:

The LBP series was my fave of the last generation and i am so excited for LBP3.....

However.......BLOODBORNE.

'Nuff said.

SuperKMxAdmin

SuperKMx said:

No Man's Sky. Looked absolutely beautiful. Really impressed by the fact you could wander around on the planet and then just...boom...head off into space. Kind of what I'd expect a modern day Elite to look and play like, I think. Can't wait for it!

Bad-MuthaAdebis

Bad-MuthaAdebis said:

Destiny, farcry 4 are two highlights but no mans sky is probably the game I'm most excited about. The farcry 4 gameplay they showed was probably the best bit of footage I've seen at e3 though.

jmburks

jmburks said:

Definitely excited for GTAV. One of the games not on the list i thought looked badass was Not A Hero from the Roll7 guys. Definitely looking forward to playing that.

al_b_614

al_b_614 said:

Destiny seems like bordarlands mixed with halo, not that thats a bad thing, its just idk maybe it will b like gta5, where i really wasn't looking forward to it but it turned out to be so fabulously awesome. I also want to see if it hits 60 fps on ps4 i heard it will b 30fps on xb1, so yea still i vote mk take down abzu so we can vote mk. Besides destiny though whats coming this year thats new and intresting that isnt a remake.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@al_b_614

Some people I guess are still holding out for DriveClub, but I've written both that game and Forza Horizon 2 off, eventhough I like racing games. Not happy that both are 30 fps, racers and 2D fighters are two genres where I think 60fps is essential. Other than that, it may not be new in the way you're hoping for but I'd say Far Cry 4 looks awesome but it all comes down to personal taste. This isn't exactly the greatest holiday season, though I will say for the people who missed GTA V or TLoU, you're in for one heck of a great time.

Dohv

Dohv said:

Its between Little Big Planet 3 and Bloodborne. They both will be amazing. And The Order 1886 will be amazing too. Can't wait for Bloodborne, Little Big Planet 3, and Uncharted 4 A Thief's End.

iSolipsistJudas

iSolipsistJudas said:

Assassins Creed Unity & Uncharted 4 really wowed me. I actually had no interest in Assassins Creed at all until the gameplay & CGI trailer. I'm all about multiplayer & co-op in games. The graphics & new movement for trekking through the city especially the movements on/off the wall caught me too. Uncharted had a very intense trailer for it to be simple.
I'm proud to have invested in a PS4 & can't wait hear more about the PS4 from Sony throughout the week.

TOMBOY25

TOMBOY25 said:

LBP 3, The only game that no one knew would be there, it was a genuine surprise as was the release date.

al_b_614

al_b_614 said:

@Gamer83 i agree 60 fps in fighting games is a must, im not much of a racer but far cry 4 does look very nice. I will also get gta5 im thinkin pc for that title though depends on how cheep i can get it. I think ill be playing a lot of last gen games on pc full graphics with a ps4 controller and destiny depending on how good destiny turns out. I will also try FC4 that will be tight, those games have good driving and shooting mechanics plus pretty good story. Im more excited for next year hopefully we will get a morpheus price and date next year. Thanks for reminding me of FC4. I might try dead rising 3 pc with ps4 controller. I have all console controllers and DS4 is the best controller ever made. Xb1 d pad clicks and is very stiff. Im so glad i got a ps4 now bring on the games. 😊

Mrskinner

Mrskinner said:

On a side note, what happened to dying light? I was hoping to see a lot more of this game after last years e3 reveal. Did I miss it or something?

banacheck

banacheck said:

Obviously I'm very excited for a lot of games Uncharted4, Arkham Knight which looks amazing, The Witcher 3 etc, but I'm definitely looking forwards to Bloodborne so I voted for that.

sackninja

sackninja said:

Omg guys, its lbp 3. Why isn't lbp winning? Why is this a question ? It has sixteen layers and a power up creator! Can you tell I'm in love with lbp?

Dodoo

Dodoo said:

Wow what a lineup of games that is. I'm probably interested in at least 75% of those!

Good time to be a PS gamer (excluding Vita maybe!? lol)

blindndeaf

blindndeaf said:

far cry will be brill so will tombraider and then uncharted ...then the order ...then destiny ,will have to start saving up some pennies for these lol

Punished_Boss_84

Punished_Boss_84 said:

There is not enough love for MGS5: The Phantom Pain on here! Thats not good! Go see the E3 trailers and some recent previews and then come back. I would say the same for Vita, but its deserved.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

No Man's Sky for me. Like last year. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Far Cry 4, Arkham Knight, Entwined and Abzû are the only games so far at E3 on PS4 I'm interested in. Only two of them are new too and one is already out. Really hope today has something for me as at the moment Sony's E3 has been a massive disappointment.

Can someone tell me why Bloodborne is so high? We saw a CGI trailer which showed no game play and the only game play video, leaked a while back, was grainy and looked... average at best. Why the love for it? Just because it's from the Souls people? Or have I missed a game play trailer? For me anything that is CGI-only can't be included in best games as it isn't a game in any way, it's a video.

bbq_boy

bbq_boy said:

What a list!!!! Not fair would easily choose a dozen. But for me it's phantom pain. Kojima always surprises.

thedevilsjester

thedevilsjester said:

@sackninja I bought LBP (the original) when it launched and had fun for a few hours and then it just kinda got boring. The "campaign" is very short, and even the best rated user designed levels seemed very meh. I never played LBP2 (although I do have it from PS+), and am not really excited about yet another LBP game. I guess I just don't like user generated content games in general. My kids love them though, but they are more than happy with LBP and LBP2 that I doubt LBP3 will be a purchase.

hydeks

hydeks said:

No Mans Sky is the top so far....really?!!? Ooooookkkk....

For me, it was Batman Arkham Knight, and Im looking forward to Tales of Hearts R, even though they showed nothing of it other than a brief mention of it (there you go @AVahne, some Vita love for you ;-) lol)

ToddlerNaruto

ToddlerNaruto said:

I'd have to say Batman: Arkham Knight, though I'm also looking forward to Rise of the Tomb Raider and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.

Alex840

Alex840 said:

Really want to play Driveclub, but it seems very online focused and not many of my friends have a PS4 :(

alphadrago5

alphadrago5 said:

I'm disappointed that Star Wars: Battlefront isn't on the list..
Nor is Mirror's Edge 2..and Destiny..

Subie98

Subie98 said:

Witcher 3, shadow of mordor, ac unity, the division, farcry 4, uncharted 4. Maybe the new cod, dunno. That covers me for sony. Nintendo on the other hand....

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Oh, I came late to the party and the poll is closed. I blame the Nintendo Splatoon ;)

My favorite game was the 2 outstretched minutes of Uncharted 4. And of course Batman AK

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

Only one Playstation exclusive excited me, No Man's Sky. Multiplatform games like Batman, Mirrors Edge 2 and Assassin's Creed Unity were highlights. Nothing for Microsoft besides the previous multiplatform games. As for Nintendo, pretty much everything. Sony and Microsoft played it safe mostly and it backfired for both. I don't think they expected Nintendo to bring so much. Sony did have a better conference than Microsoft though.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@al_b_614

Yeah, I love the Dualshock4, I can't comment on the Xbox One controller because I haven't used it too much but I am a big fan of the 360 one, so I'll be disappointed when I get an Xbox One if the new controller feels like a downgrade. The 360 controller was a massive improvement over the 'Duke' and Controller S.

al_b_614

al_b_614 said:

@Gamer83 i dont have xb1 but i have the controller because they just made official drivers available for pc. I got one because i like choice but it really isnt as good as 360. The ps4 controller is perfect, 360 had sony beat for 8 years on controllers but not this time. The xb1 controller is a downgrade from 360 unfortunately. It is ok i guess but nothing is touching ds4 right now.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@al_b_614

Doesn't surprise me the DS4 is better, it's not perfect, but damn near. Disappointed that the X1 controller is a downgrade, but the few times I got to use it, it felt 'cheap' compared to the 360 one. Still, I want to really get a chance to use one for some games before fully judging. That will happen in November when I buy the system.

al_b_614

al_b_614 said:

@ gamer83 1 question, have u thought about getting one because of the halo 2 remake? I have but then i think id rather spend money on my pc instead. But i have thought about it cuz i loved halo 2 back in the day.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@al_b_614

Yup, Halo is actually my favorite franchise so I knew I was going to get an Xbox One eventually. I didn't actually expect MS to keep the Halo 2 original multiplayer intact for the remake though, that's a big selling point.

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

LBP 3
Abzu
Batman
No Man's Sky looks nice too, but not for me.
Gunship X for Vita looks interesting.
MGS is just getting too dark and violent and depressing. Looking forward to that indie teams remake of Metal Gear though.