I dont know if this you guys would do this, but I wish Metacritic allowed sites to review their reviews as issues like this, and changes to microtransactions on day-one patches, really should had been reflected in reviews, but cant realistically be by launch date.
@dimi its likely a cheaper XSX without disk drive would not be released until they can cut down overall production costs, by that point, they also likely end up cutting the XSS to at least $250, btw, this also assumes that a diskless XSX would be $100 cheaper. They don't save $100 from removing a disk drive. They could easily release a diskless XSX for $449. I think that was the original price difference between the XBOne S and XBOne SAD, and they sold the things rather quickly.
Another path, though, is that eventually the XBS might not have its price cut down but instead its storage bumped up. We saw that all throughout both, the X360 and PS3 life cycle, increases in storage as the generations went through and storage became cheaper.
@Th3solution it depends on the game. If itās a smart delivery game, only one version is on the disk (most of the time) and as of the last time I saw someone test, it was almost always the Prev Gen version, with the install on a Series X|S downloading the whole game.
Even if the X|S can run a Prev Gen game seamlessly due to its BC, Smart Delivery disks tell the console there is an optimized version out there to download and will just not work offline.
And of course, we got all those third party games that, even without smart delivery, demand absurd day one parches to even be playable these days.
@wiiware I simply bought a cheap external HD (for my series X)
I download all games to it and install it later. My entire game library is on that external drive (hundred of games, I got a huge external drive) and simply move the games from the external to the internal when I am going to play them.
@wiiware would not be shocked if they release a cheaper XSX down the line with no disk drive. Launching with 3 SKUs might had been confusing for some users, though. They really went out of their way to make sure the weaker XSS looked drastically different.
Who on earth still buys physical boxed PC games???
Hell, I feel similar about Xbox⦠Anyone buying boxed Xbox games is fooling themselves⦠well you can still sell/trade those I guess, even if almost always Xbox forced downloads.
But donāt all PC boxed copies just come with Steam codes inside these days?
If Iām buying a game for PS or Switch, Iāll never take digital, though.
It might be a sight of whatever this service will be (although I honestly just expect Now to be rebranded, increased in price and get games earlier, but still just be technically the same.)
Either way, though, doing this with Now at this point does not increase any level of confidence on anything they do next.
Seriously I got to come up with means to reliably backup my save files, because I'm overpaying for that cloud storage, since thats all I get out of PSN+...
In what universe does that s*** look like something the switch can't run??
This. The models in that trailer even look taken directly out of SMTV. I do wonder, though, if they are running an experiment and this game hits Game Pass day one or early, even if only in Japan, allowing Japanese audiences to stream it to their phones, therefore providing a mobile option.
@Juanalf the fastest smartphones around donāt get close to PS5|XSX power and cost almost a thousand dollars, so yea: not easy at all. Likely not possible.
Well, thatās⦠soon. I still will be playing this on the switch, resolution be damned. I need to be able to play my Shin Megami on the go.
Edit: damn⦠no switch version?! ā¹ļø
As for the quick turnaround, maybe itās due to high asset reuse from SMTV, I think all those demon models I saw there were the same that I saw in SMTV.
I have never trusted Nintendo with digital purchases, said it before and got people angry at me telling me Nintendo would supposedly never repeat the Wii store closure. I was proven right, and didnāt have to wait that long.
I also stopped trusting Sony when they announced the PS3/Vita closure. The current hold is a pause, Iām sure it will eventually go away.
As far as I care, both, PS and Nintendo, if the game canāt be bought physically it just canāt be bought, just rented.
On the opposite side, so far I trust Xbox with digital but I donāt trust them with physical. I expect anything physical from Xbox to require internet to even install, but they up there with Steam on closing down their store fronts.
@Zombie9ers "Not sure why they're getting away with combining Switch & Switch Lite sales."
Handheld or TV bound, these lists count all gaming consoles.
VGCharz, for example, lists these as the top 5 selling consoles:
157.68 PlayStation 2
154.90 Nintendo DS
118.69 Game Boy
116.83 PlayStation 4
103.20 Nintendo Switch (NS)
As you can see, two of them already are handhelds. Other than trying to hide numbers, there are basically no reasons to force them to not count the Switch Lite unit count. That logic very quickly could be applied to demanding the PS4 Pro units be counted independently, or the same for Series X and Series S.
It will definitively outsell the PS4. I do wonder if it will manage to sell the GameBoy. If they release a [New] Nintendo Switch and consider it the same gen (a pro model) then it will certainly outsell the GameBoy.
If the acquisition deal actually forces Sony to keep the studio entirely independent, it feels in the surface that they did overpay.
But the more I think about it, the more I feel that this is more about Destiny IP rights. They now get to make animated shows, motion pictures, TV shows, you know, the works, with the Destiny IP. THAT might be worth the 4 billion to own for Sony, plus the IP will continue to generate money on its own.
I actually feel this was not PlayStation or Sony Interactive Entertainment doing the acquisition, but parent Sony doing the acquisition.
@GorosBat not the same concept at all. For years PC users have rallied against such attempts and publishers ended up, very often, just making the Steam upgrades free unless they were beefy enough to be seen as DLC.
This year has seen a huge wave of such upgrades though, but this one is a sketchy one given how recent the regular edition launch of this game is for PC.
@RevGaming Pressure is good. Honestly, although Sony is not doing anywhere near as bad as Microsoft was during last gen, they are still relying too much on third parties to do anything other than their narrative adventure over the shoulder games.
They have entirely neglected the biggest genre out there: shooters. Dont ask me why that genre is so popular, I'll never get it, but its huge, and Sony has no first party offering, and now Microsoft owns the biggest IPs in that field (Halo, Gears, Doom, Quake, CoD, Wolfenstein, etc.)
My point being: for the love of the square button, Sony, bring SOCCOM, Kill Zone and Resistance: Fall of Man back!!!! And give The Order 1886 another chance!!!
I'll try to give it another shot at some point, but Uncharted 4 was the point I felt these games were starting to be more movie than games. I never could never bring myself to finish it.
@11001100110zero Not only did they sell neck and neck, but the final number is also misleading. There is a lot of stuff going regionally.
In America, the PS3 was heavily outsold by 360, the 360 still sold more units than the PS4 has sold, and the XBO did not trail that far behind PS4 in the region.
X360 49.11 million
PS4 38.54 million
XBO 32.45 million
PS3 29.42 million
Why is this relevant? CoD historically sells most in the west. Black Ops 4 combined console units:
NA 7.32 million
Europe: 4.4 million
Others: 1.95 million
Japan: 0.5 million
@RevGaming 3 games, not 3 years. Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but that means the next Modern Warfare this year, something unannounced, and the next iteration of Warzone. It's very possible for this Warzone iteration to land by 2023 and likely alongside CoD 2023.
@RBMango "It always baffles me when a platform game like Warzone gets a sequel, but I guess that's the genius thinking from Activision's ape brain. That's like making Fortnite 2."
Likely more like making Fortnite Chapter 2, something that already happened. It's likely not unlike DLC deal, a marketing campaign for the next chapter of the game to not only be on PlayStation, but them getting exclusive marketing rights alongside it's release.
@twitchtvpat "i could see sony working out some deal to keep some of the games on PlayStation before the sale is final."
the chances of this are next to none. Activision Blizzard are likely on lockdown on making any such deals at this point. Imagine you agree to buy a house, and between entering contract and closure day, the current owner decides to dismantle an entire deck.
In such cases, usually the buyer gets to walk away AND be compensated for potential damages and expenses. In this case, we are talking billions, so, again, extremely unlikely any more deals can be secured.
@NomNom even if Microsoft wanted to include all third party games in a hypothetical PS5 GamePass, they would not be able to.
Every platform gets their own contract. A game is sometimes in Xbox but not on PC, or the other way around. And not all Xbox GP third party games are up for streaming.
I also highly doubt many third party publishers would agree to add their PS games to a PS GamePass, so it definitively would be a Microsoft Game Studios thing only, and even then, I dare bet some games like Halo and Gears will forever remain Xbox|PC exclusive, even with a PS GamePass.
I think its inevitable that Microsoft will force Sony to accept an EA Play style version of Game Pass.
Here is how I think a PS5/PS4 Game Pass would look:
āŖļø It would only include Microsoft owned games, not titles like Rainbow Six: Extraction.
āŖļø It would only include traditionally multi-platform titles (Minecraft, Call of Duty, Elder Scrolls, not Halo, Gears of War oir Forza, and likely some new big IPs will be retained XBox/PC exclusive.)
āŖļø It would not be the only way to play the games, you would still be able to buy Call of Duty on PS5, but it will likely be a requirement for Microsoft to develop a PS5 version of the games at all.
āŖļø It would likely be only a cheaper separate plan Game Pass PS5 for $9.99 a month, maybe it will be part of Game Pass Ultimate.
This EA Play thing keeps make me think there is indeed change for GamePass on PlayStation even if it does not include the streaming component and only includes cross-platform games that are now owned by Microsoft.
I honestly donāt see PS outselling XBX|S 2 to 1.
It will definitely outsell, but 2 to 1 was last gens ratio, with Xbox doing a terrible job. There is no way they will keep the same ratio with the current Xbox momentum.
@sanderson72 remember when Fallout 4 added mods but Sony force tons of limitations on what kind of mod could be in the PS4 version of the game? I think thatās the issue. Roblox is basically all about user generated content (art/game modes/everything) and I have a feeling the bulk of that is precisely the kind of stuff Sony prevents games to offer.
No increase in demand for Xbox, demand has been there from the start. Xbox has been reserving a lot of their chips for XCloud server racks so it simply has been shipping fewer units than PS5.
@Gloamin I know you joke but for what itās worth: my partnerās company hosts similar conferences although in a different field (science/medicine.) For them, not hosting these in person is a huge loss in money, but they still host online zoom based conferences that are not what you would expect as āgoing online.ā In E3 speak, it could possibly mean zoom meetings that are restricted to press members with passes that get to see digital presentations with publishers and platform holder representatives.
It could be more akin to a virtual show floor where the press gets to, in groups, together join a given game or publisher meeting to be able to ask questions. Press might get a press kit with trailers and stuff they can then post on their respective websites and YouTube channels.
As much as we, the users, like to see the reveals on E3, their meats and potatoes have always been the floor where the press can meet and ask questions from publisher representatives.
@somnambulance I think they are different beasts, visually.
I am a huge Far Cry fan, and beat 6 a few days ago. But Halo does something I wish more "open world" video games did: make the story focused missions dungeon-esque. Give me an open playground to explore in between missions, as an option, but once you put me on a main mission, make it feel like a level that was designed to be played, not as another base to take down.
At the same time, I do find Halo does not have enough biomes to give its world diversity. Its all tech dungeons or foresty areas. Hope if the plan is to expand the story via DLC, that they start adding more variety to both, the outdoor biomes and the type of indoor architecture. This is not me saying its bad at all, just saying how it can improve as they deliver more content, and I honestly expect them to start adding chapters over time. If I'm deciphering their messaging from a year ago, they will likely be adding new campaign content at least once a year for 10 years.
I am sure the game is already a success, but at the same time I don't think its the success they wanted, because had it been, they would had bragged about it the way they did with Forza Horizon 5. But maybe I'm wrong and they holding up their braggings news post for some special occasion.
@somnambulance Oh regardless what doomsayers want to say, Halo Infinite is selling a LOT. Just go check the Steam top charting list. The campaign is still #3 top selling game.
If you go to the Amazon Top Video Game item list, and only count the video games, Halo Infinite is #4, and almost everything else is Switch Games.
As far as this article goes, though, it's obvious that Physical copy sales of GTA trilogy would dominate on PlayStation.
For some reason Xbox physical copies won't release yet, and the Switch physical copy is a scam, since it still requires a 28GB download to play any of it.
Comments 1,002
Re: Gran Turismo 7 Fans Fight Controversial Currency Nerfs with PS5, PS4 Farming Exploits
@eagletrippin so funny your post was followed up by an MTX defender.
Re: Gran Turismo 7 Fans Fight Controversial Currency Nerfs with PS5, PS4 Farming Exploits
I smell an incoming nerf patch!
Re: Babylon's Fall Development to Continue As Planned Following Poor Reception
Sounds like contractual obligations.
Re: Sony Acquires Haven Studios, the New Developer Led By Jade Raymond
Another studio to work on another always online game with expensive micro transactions like GT7?
Re: Gran Turismo 7 PS5, PS4 Review Bombed After Challenging Week
I dont know if this you guys would do this, but I wish Metacritic allowed sites to review their reviews as issues like this, and changes to microtransactions on day-one patches, really should had been reflected in reviews, but cant realistically be by launch date.
Re: Gran Turismo 7 PS5, PS4 Has Been Offline All Day
Always online for single player content is the most regressive, absurd and anti-consumer video game practice ever.
Re: Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin - Utterly Ridiculous Final Fantasy Spin-Off
Sounds like this game is pure....
...chaos.
š„
Re: PS5, PS4 Live Service Game Babylon's Fall Doesn't Look Good
Can you imagine someone paying for console launch exclusivity for this thing?
Re: Sony Pulling the Plug on PS3 After-Sales Support in Japan
I do wonder how they do have the parts to support their PlayStation Now streaming serversā¦.
Re: UK Sales Charts: 80% of Elden Ring's Boxed Sales on PS5, PS4
@dimi its likely a cheaper XSX without disk drive would not be released until they can cut down overall production costs, by that point, they also likely end up cutting the XSS to at least $250, btw, this also assumes that a diskless XSX would be $100 cheaper. They don't save $100 from removing a disk drive. They could easily release a diskless XSX for $449. I think that was the original price difference between the XBOne S and XBOne SAD, and they sold the things rather quickly.
Another path, though, is that eventually the XBS might not have its price cut down but instead its storage bumped up. We saw that all throughout both, the X360 and PS3 life cycle, increases in storage as the generations went through and storage became cheaper.
Re: Grand Slam Champ Naomi Osaka Is Now a Fortnite Character
@get2sammyb never heard of those slam things.
/sarcasm
Re: Grand Slam Champ Naomi Osaka Is Now a Fortnite Character
It's weird when people broadcast to the world how little they know about anything other than vidgiegamez.
Re: UK Sales Charts: 80% of Elden Ring's Boxed Sales on PS5, PS4
@Th3solution it depends on the game. If itās a smart delivery game, only one version is on the disk (most of the time) and as of the last time I saw someone test, it was almost always the Prev Gen version, with the install on a Series X|S downloading the whole game.
Even if the X|S can run a Prev Gen game seamlessly due to its BC, Smart Delivery disks tell the console there is an optimized version out there to download and will just not work offline.
And of course, we got all those third party games that, even without smart delivery, demand absurd day one parches to even be playable these days.
Re: UK Sales Charts: 80% of Elden Ring's Boxed Sales on PS5, PS4
@wiiware I simply bought a cheap external HD (for my series X)
I download all games to it and install it later. My entire game library is on that external drive (hundred of games, I got a huge external drive) and simply move the games from the external to the internal when I am going to play them.
I sometimes even do that with GamePass games.
Re: PS Plus' Ill-Received February 2022 PS5, PS4 Games Will Be Rotated Imminently
Weird reaction, canāt recall of the top of my head but dare bet this is not close to the worst month I seen in the last couple years.
Re: UK Sales Charts: 80% of Elden Ring's Boxed Sales on PS5, PS4
@wiiware would not be shocked if they release a cheaper XSX down the line with no disk drive. Launching with 3 SKUs might had been confusing for some users, though. They really went out of their way to make sure the weaker XSS looked drastically different.
Re: UK Sales Charts: 80% of Elden Ring's Boxed Sales on PS5, PS4
Who on earth still buys physical boxed PC games???
Hell, I feel similar about Xbox⦠Anyone buying boxed Xbox games is fooling themselves⦠well you can still sell/trade those I guess, even if almost always Xbox forced downloads.
But donāt all PC boxed copies just come with Steam codes inside these days?
If Iām buying a game for PS or Switch, Iāll never take digital, though.
Re: Permanent PS Now Games Leaving the Service without Much Notice
It might be a sight of whatever this service will be (although I honestly just expect Now to be rebranded, increased in price and get games earlier, but still just be technically the same.)
Either way, though, doing this with Now at this point does not increase any level of confidence on anything they do next.
Re: PS Plus March 2022 PS5, PS4 Games Announced
Seriously I got to come up with means to reliably backup my save files, because I'm overpaying for that cloud storage, since thats all I get out of PSN+...
Re: Sony Pictures Declares Uncharted a 'New Hit Movie Franchise'
People will go watch anything, wonāt they?
Re: Soul Hackers 2 Brings Shin Megami Tensei to PS5, PS4 in August
@DomGC
This. The models in that trailer even look taken directly out of SMTV. I do wonder, though, if they are running an experiment and this game hits Game Pass day one or early, even if only in Japan, allowing Japanese audiences to stream it to their phones, therefore providing a mobile option.
Re: Soul Hackers 2 Brings Shin Megami Tensei to PS5, PS4 in August
@Juanalf the fastest smartphones around donāt get close to PS5|XSX power and cost almost a thousand dollars, so yea: not easy at all. Likely not possible.
Re: Soul Hackers 2 Brings Shin Megami Tensei to PS5, PS4 in August
Well, thatās⦠soon. I still will be playing this on the switch, resolution be damned. I need to be able to play my Shin Megami on the go.
Edit: damn⦠no switch version?! ā¹ļø
As for the quick turnaround, maybe itās due to high asset reuse from SMTV, I think all those demon models I saw there were the same that I saw in SMTV.
Re: Horizon Forbidden West Is Getting Review Bombed on PS5, PS4 for No Reason
Review booming orchestrated by man-babies that foam at their mouth whenever they see diversity or donāt see over sexualized female characters.
Metacritic will just let them pile up, capitalize on the clicks, and then delete them in a few days as they usually do.
Re: Could PS3, PS Vita Closures Be on the Cards After Wii U, 3DS Announcements?
I have never trusted Nintendo with digital purchases, said it before and got people angry at me telling me Nintendo would supposedly never repeat the Wii store closure. I was proven right, and didnāt have to wait that long.
I also stopped trusting Sony when they announced the PS3/Vita closure. The current hold is a pause, Iām sure it will eventually go away.
As far as I care, both, PS and Nintendo, if the game canāt be bought physically it just canāt be bought, just rented.
On the opposite side, so far I trust Xbox with digital but I donāt trust them with physical. I expect anything physical from Xbox to require internet to even install, but they up there with Steam on closing down their store fronts.
Re: January 2022 NPD: PS5 Comes Top in Hardware Charts Across the US
Digital sales not included likely mean Mario Kart 8 is actually #2 or #3, then?
Re: Nintendo Switch Has Now Outsold PS1, Targeting PS4 Next
@naruball handheld console or home console, both are consoles.
Re: Nintendo Switch Has Now Outsold PS1, Targeting PS4 Next
@Zombie9ers "Not sure why they're getting away with combining Switch & Switch Lite sales."
Handheld or TV bound, these lists count all gaming consoles.
VGCharz, for example, lists these as the top 5 selling consoles:
157.68 PlayStation 2
154.90 Nintendo DS
118.69 Game Boy
116.83 PlayStation 4
103.20 Nintendo Switch (NS)
As you can see, two of them already are handhelds. Other than trying to hide numbers, there are basically no reasons to force them to not count the Switch Lite unit count. That logic very quickly could be applied to demanding the PS4 Pro units be counted independently, or the same for Series X and Series S.
Re: Nintendo Switch Has Now Outsold PS1, Targeting PS4 Next
It will definitively outsell the PS4. I do wonder if it will manage to sell the GameBoy. If they release a [New] Nintendo Switch and consider it the same gen (a pro model) then it will certainly outsell the GameBoy.
Re: Sony 'Vastly Overpaid' in 'Desperation' for Bungie, Says Outspoken Analyst Michael Pachter
@NEStalgia got to say not sure why its a unique take (i mean, why it is not mentioned more) given that it was part of the press release.
"Today, Bungie begins our journey to become a global multi-media entertainment company."
Re: Sony 'Vastly Overpaid' in 'Desperation' for Bungie, Says Outspoken Analyst Michael Pachter
If the acquisition deal actually forces Sony to keep the studio entirely independent, it feels in the surface that they did overpay.
But the more I think about it, the more I feel that this is more about Destiny IP rights. They now get to make animated shows, motion pictures, TV shows, you know, the works, with the Destiny IP. THAT might be worth the 4 billion to own for Sony, plus the IP will continue to generate money on its own.
I actually feel this was not PlayStation or Sony Interactive Entertainment doing the acquisition, but parent Sony doing the acquisition.
Re: Death Stranding Director's Cut Will Make Its PC Debut on 30th March
@GorosBat not the same concept at all. For years PC users have rallied against such attempts and publishers ended up, very often, just making the Steam upgrades free unless they were beefy enough to be seen as DLC.
This year has seen a huge wave of such upgrades though, but this one is a sketchy one given how recent the regular edition launch of this game is for PC.
Re: Death Stranding Director's Cut Will Make Its PC Debut on 30th March
Curious how these new upgrade fees will fly with PC gamers.
Re: Call of Duty Will Seemingly Continue to Release on PS5, PS4 Through 2023
@RevGaming Pressure is good. Honestly, although Sony is not doing anywhere near as bad as Microsoft was during last gen, they are still relying too much on third parties to do anything other than their narrative adventure over the shoulder games.
They have entirely neglected the biggest genre out there: shooters. Dont ask me why that genre is so popular, I'll never get it, but its huge, and Sony has no first party offering, and now Microsoft owns the biggest IPs in that field (Halo, Gears, Doom, Quake, CoD, Wolfenstein, etc.)
My point being: for the love of the square button, Sony, bring SOCCOM, Kill Zone and Resistance: Fall of Man back!!!! And give The Order 1886 another chance!!!
Re: Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection (PS5) - Still the Best Cinematic Action You'll Find on PlayStation
I'll try to give it another shot at some point, but Uncharted 4 was the point I felt these games were starting to be more movie than games. I never could never bring myself to finish it.
Re: Call of Duty Will Seemingly Continue to Release on PS5, PS4 Through 2023
@11001100110zero Not only did they sell neck and neck, but the final number is also misleading. There is a lot of stuff going regionally.
In America, the PS3 was heavily outsold by 360, the 360 still sold more units than the PS4 has sold, and the XBO did not trail that far behind PS4 in the region.
X360 49.11 million
PS4 38.54 million
XBO 32.45 million
PS3 29.42 million
Why is this relevant? CoD historically sells most in the west. Black Ops 4 combined console units:
NA 7.32 million
Europe: 4.4 million
Others: 1.95 million
Japan: 0.5 million
Re: Call of Duty Will Seemingly Continue to Release on PS5, PS4 Through 2023
@RevGaming 3 games, not 3 years. Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but that means the next Modern Warfare this year, something unannounced, and the next iteration of Warzone. It's very possible for this Warzone iteration to land by 2023 and likely alongside CoD 2023.
@RBMango "It always baffles me when a platform game like Warzone gets a sequel, but I guess that's the genius thinking from Activision's ape brain. That's like making Fortnite 2."
Likely more like making Fortnite Chapter 2, something that already happened. It's likely not unlike DLC deal, a marketing campaign for the next chapter of the game to not only be on PlayStation, but them getting exclusive marketing rights alongside it's release.
Re: Call of Duty Will Seemingly Continue to Release on PS5, PS4 Through 2023
@twitchtvpat "i could see sony working out some deal to keep some of the games on PlayStation before the sale is final."
the chances of this are next to none. Activision Blizzard are likely on lockdown on making any such deals at this point. Imagine you agree to buy a house, and between entering contract and closure day, the current owner decides to dismantle an entire deck.
In such cases, usually the buyer gets to walk away AND be compensated for potential damages and expenses. In this case, we are talking billions, so, again, extremely unlikely any more deals can be secured.
Re: Access a Huge Vault of PS5, PS4 Games for £3.99/$4.99 with EA Play
@NomNom even if Microsoft wanted to include all third party games in a hypothetical PS5 GamePass, they would not be able to.
Every platform gets their own contract. A game is sometimes in Xbox but not on PC, or the other way around. And not all Xbox GP third party games are up for streaming.
I also highly doubt many third party publishers would agree to add their PS games to a PS GamePass, so it definitively would be a Microsoft Game Studios thing only, and even then, I dare bet some games like Halo and Gears will forever remain Xbox|PC exclusive, even with a PS GamePass.
Re: Talking Point: In Theory, Could Xbox Game Pass Come to PS5, PS4?
I think its inevitable that Microsoft will force Sony to accept an EA Play style version of Game Pass.
Here is how I think a PS5/PS4 Game Pass would look:
āŖļø It would only include Microsoft owned games, not titles like Rainbow Six: Extraction.
āŖļø It would only include traditionally multi-platform titles (Minecraft, Call of Duty, Elder Scrolls, not Halo, Gears of War oir Forza, and likely some new big IPs will be retained XBox/PC exclusive.)
āŖļø It would not be the only way to play the games, you would still be able to buy Call of Duty on PS5, but it will likely be a requirement for Microsoft to develop a PS5 version of the games at all.
āŖļø It would likely be only a cheaper separate plan Game Pass PS5 for $9.99 a month, maybe it will be part of Game Pass Ultimate.
Re: Access a Huge Vault of PS5, PS4 Games for £3.99/$4.99 with EA Play
This EA Play thing keeps make me think there is indeed change for GamePass on PlayStation even if it does not include the streaming component and only includes cross-platform games that are now owned by Microsoft.
Re: Analyst Expects PS5 to Seriously Outperform Xbox This Year
I honestly donāt see PS outselling XBX|S 2 to 1.
It will definitely outsell, but 2 to 1 was last gens ratio, with Xbox doing a terrible job. There is no way they will keep the same ratio with the current Xbox momentum.
Re: Poll: Does Sony Need to Take Action After Microsoft's Activision Buyout?
Sony needs to diversify their first party offerings and stop relying so much on third party paid exclusives.
If you are not a fan of third person cinematic adventure games, there is some, but very little out there that is truly first party and exclusive.
Where are the first party RPGs? Platformers? FPS? Tactic games?
Acquisitions, or simply making their studios diversify, but they need to start casting a wider net.
Resurrect Jax and Dexter, Resistance, Twisted Metal, Dark Cloud, SOCOM, Syphon Filter, Legend of Dragoon!
Re: Poll: Would You Still Buy PlayStation Consoles Without Activision Blizzard Games?
This gen, I play all multi-plat games on XBox Series X and I still own and play my PS5, so... yea.
Re: This Is Why PlayStation Wants to Make Smartphone Games
@sanderson72 remember when Fallout 4 added mods but Sony force tons of limitations on what kind of mod could be in the PS4 version of the game? I think thatās the issue. Roblox is basically all about user generated content (art/game modes/everything) and I have a feeling the bulk of that is precisely the kind of stuff Sony prevents games to offer.
Re: PS5 Hardware Has Second Biggest Month in UK on Back of 28% Bounce
No increase in demand for Xbox, demand has been there from the start. Xbox has been reserving a lot of their chips for XCloud server racks so it simply has been shipping fewer units than PS5.
Ship more than PS5, sell more. That simple.
Re: E3 2022 Won't Be Held in Person, Online Show Not Confirmed Yet
@Gloamin I know you joke but for what itās worth: my partnerās company hosts similar conferences although in a different field (science/medicine.) For them, not hosting these in person is a huge loss in money, but they still host online zoom based conferences that are not what you would expect as āgoing online.ā In E3 speak, it could possibly mean zoom meetings that are restricted to press members with passes that get to see digital presentations with publishers and platform holder representatives.
It could be more akin to a virtual show floor where the press gets to, in groups, together join a given game or publisher meeting to be able to ask questions. Press might get a press kit with trailers and stuff they can then post on their respective websites and YouTube channels.
As much as we, the users, like to see the reveals on E3, their meats and potatoes have always been the floor where the press can meet and ask questions from publisher representatives.
Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? - Xmas Edition
The Gunk, Halo Infinite and FFXIV (if I manage to log in)
These plans might change based on whatās under the tree in a few hours.
Re: UK Sales Charts: GTA Trilogy, Among Us Sell Best on PlayStation
@somnambulance I think they are different beasts, visually.
I am a huge Far Cry fan, and beat 6 a few days ago. But Halo does something I wish more "open world" video games did: make the story focused missions dungeon-esque. Give me an open playground to explore in between missions, as an option, but once you put me on a main mission, make it feel like a level that was designed to be played, not as another base to take down.
At the same time, I do find Halo does not have enough biomes to give its world diversity. Its all tech dungeons or foresty areas. Hope if the plan is to expand the story via DLC, that they start adding more variety to both, the outdoor biomes and the type of indoor architecture. This is not me saying its bad at all, just saying how it can improve as they deliver more content, and I honestly expect them to start adding chapters over time. If I'm deciphering their messaging from a year ago, they will likely be adding new campaign content at least once a year for 10 years.
I am sure the game is already a success, but at the same time I don't think its the success they wanted, because had it been, they would had bragged about it the way they did with Forza Horizon 5. But maybe I'm wrong and they holding up their braggings news post for some special occasion.
Re: UK Sales Charts: GTA Trilogy, Among Us Sell Best on PlayStation
@somnambulance Oh regardless what doomsayers want to say, Halo Infinite is selling a LOT. Just go check the Steam top charting list. The campaign is still #3 top selling game.
If you go to the Amazon Top Video Game item list, and only count the video games, Halo Infinite is #4, and almost everything else is Switch Games.
As far as this article goes, though, it's obvious that Physical copy sales of GTA trilogy would dominate on PlayStation.
For some reason Xbox physical copies won't release yet, and the Switch physical copy is a scam, since it still requires a 28GB download to play any of it.