Maybe they don’t want to maintain two different versions for PlayStation. Xbox smart delivery games can be simply the same game with minimal differences that make them platform aware. We saw a lot of these statements from devs in the first batch of PS5 support in the early months of the consoles launch.
@Flaming_Kaiser MVG recently made a video debunking that, the only problem he faced is smart delivery games that only have XBox One data in the disk and require you to download the XSX version. Same would happen if you wanted to play a PS4 game with its free upgrade on PS5, with the only difference being the PS5 would let you run the old PS4 version.
Either way that is a problem only with select smart delivery games. XSX only games have as much data on disk as a PS5 game.
I wonder if these articles will ever bother to mention the fact that Xbox users are way more likely to buy digital, and go back to reference the Elden Ring physical vs digital sale numbers. Nah, I doubt they ever will.
@ShogunRok beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. Starfield, Redfall, Forza Motorsport, Wo Long Fallen Dynasty and Plague Tale: Requiem didn’t look “GamePass-y” to me.
But can you point me in the direction of a tweet or statement of that public expression?
Nah, there might be some of that going on twitter, I don’t use Twitter, but I only seen that line of thighs in these comment sections. Then again I don’t look much at any other comment sections or social whatevers.
@Royalblues maybe because Sega has expressed publicly how successful their dealings with GamePass have been, and as we all know, talking good of GamePass means they hate PlayStation or something 🤷
Everyone here is focused on the 3D personas, and I know those are the teased ones, but man I would love to see the PSP Persona 1 & 2 versions ported to PS4|5, XSX|S & Switch.
To be fair, while best wait until you have it in your hands, this isn't really a rumor. This is people who are intimately familiar with the project telling Bloomberg that, as of today, it's scheduled to release in November.
Isn't that how most "credible" rumors start? Someone in the know told us?
The fact that the game keeps getting these "recently delayed by a few months internally" situations make me treat any news with a grain of salt until I see the thing actually hit the shelves.
Edit: Hell, as willing as I would be to pay full price for this one at launch, after how many patches Horizon Forbidden West has needed, I might still stay off this one until after quite a few patches. I know it's a different studio but still.
@Abeedo exactly. This has nothing to do with Sony, this is the crypto crash showing potential investors how much money they can lose overnight by investing on that nonsense.
It’s nice they keep working on this game but honestly, I get the feeling this game was release too early. Glad I have not started playing it yet, did buy a copy though.
I honestly don’t understand the users that consider themselves PlayStation fans but then feel their games being on PC upsets them.
I don’t care if a game is on PC, if it’s on console I’ll play it on console, and if that console is PS5, that’s where I’ll play the game. I’m not a PS5 first player at all, I’ll always pick an Xbox or Switch version over a PS5 one, but PC is the last place I’ll play anything that isn’t an MMO.
@UltimateOtaku91 but you said the majority of people only buy Xbox for GamePass, if there was true Elden Ring would had not sold well at all on Xbox. It actually sold 29% of its copies on Xbox, compared to 32% on PS5 (rest on PC), an almost even distribution.
@UltimateOtaku91 last time I recall a statistic like this was Elden Ring and as soon as the digital sales came into account, the game sold proportional to install base across Xbox/PS5. So no, Xbox users don’t just buy their consoles for GamePass, but Xbox users are way more likely to go digital.
When Bandai releases numbers they showed that 85% of sales on Xbox were digital. All these UK physical only chart show us is that PS users still like disks.
@Floki yes, that’s a selling point of GamePass Streaming on Xbox One, allowing anyone to play next gen exclusives like Flight Simulator on last gen consoles if you can’t find yourself a Series X.
@Th3solution as a landlord myself, I use the example due to personal experience. Mind you, I am a private individual and DO want to make some cash to put into my pocket, but even if my rent revenue was lower than my mortgage payment, I cant tell Uncle Sam I lost money when filing taxes, because I still built equity and that is considered profiting.
Microsoft still will want to make money going forward, the more money they make relative how much money they spend to make games, the more money they have to invest into future projects and studios, therefore the faster they grow. They are just not looking to "recover" what they spent, they are looking to increase their monthly revenues so they can keep the expansion cycle going and going.
MS has an extra incentive: Activision is a huge publisher and getting all those titles, back catalog and future releases both, into Game Pass, makes that service even more appealing, and we all know that top priority at XBox is to make Game Pass as ubiquitous as possible.
@Th3solution Microsoft does not need to make the money back from Activision’s revenue or at all. Expecting them to make the money back and still have the ownership of Activision is like expecting to buy a house, Airbnb it, and get the whole mortgage paid back in a year purely from rent revenue.
Point is: ownership of an asset becomes itself part of your net worth, and it actually increases in value alongside with inflation, unlike money in hand, that devaluates alongside inflation.
At the end, any acquisition grows your company size, and that’s what investors demand the most. Investors want the company to grow, not to hoard money. Earned money is expected to be invested in further growth.
@AdamNovice it is not unrealistic for game pass to reach those numbers given the platform install base that is not just about consoles and cloud but also Windows. As game pass becomes more popular, the PC Game Pass also ends up growing, and that’s a gargantuan install base. If Xbox ever makes a deal with Steam to bring Game Pass inside of Steam (something Gabe already says he would be all up for,) that’s going to skyrocket their numbers.
@Shepherd_Tallon although this weekends Xbox outage has been extremely concerning (I was personally not affected so can’t tell how broad the issue was) the game pass approach is nothing like what happened in 2013.
The 2013 debacle was about every console requiring daily online checks or become a brick even for disk based games. Today, xbox still frustratingly requires many disk based games to go online for the game install, but once installed, if the disk is in the tray, you don’t need to be online to play. Even this weekends outage didn’t impact disk based games.
Today, even digital purchase should not require daily online checks either. This weekends outage was reportedly easy to work around for almost everyone by telling the Xbox to just go offline (that’s another frustration, why must I tell the Xbox to go offline? Can’t connect? Just go offline on your own!)
I’m subscribed, exclusively for cloud saves. Would had already canceled if they didn’t make individual game save backups an even bigger pain in the PS5.
@Flaming_Kaiser the penalty fee buyers commit to pay when the deals fall through tends to be significant. I would not be shocked if it was half a billion on a purchase this size.
I don’t see any obvious reason for it to be stopped, at least not anticompetitive ones, and as far as I know Bungie is private, making it harder to make a case about the deal not looking for the interest of stockholders, but not impossible. Even private companies might still have investors and share holders, sometimes employees are compensated with such. The FTC could be looking precisely at those edge cases to make sure the deal is not breaking any laws or regulations. That’s the only thing I could think of the top of my head that might be an issue for this deal.
@Flaming_Kaiser No deal is "closed" until the regulatory bodies give their final approval. Unlikely that they will in this case, unless there is some weird stuff going on somewhere with private investors or who knows what.
It is custom for these deals to come with compensation for the target company if the deal falls through, though. So it would not be good news for Sony 2x.
@johnny30 FF14 is the only example of good service games from SE. like, everything they touch in the live service sector seems to be garbage. What you seem to want is for Sony to hire Yoshi P.
I honestly doubt the FTC cares about the exclusivity of games. Hell, even on the Activision deal the only opposition we have seen is about the acquisition potentially weakening the standing of already vulnerable and abused employees, and potentially help Bobby Koticik avoid accountability.
I think the only issue here is the price tag, when so much money is involved, they will run audits to see what’s going on, and make sure no laws are being broken.
Didn’t the developer a while back said something about fishy numbers and how they never saw profit share from Square despite knowing the game had huge user base across all platforms?
It sounds to me SE is simply being “creative” with the numbers to pretend it never had a profit so they don’t have to pay royalties.
When an edge case comes up and it’s up to either allowing customers to take advantage of stuff they paid for it [bleeping] them over, always pick [bleeping] them over. It’s the Sony way.
A lot of people seem to be missing the point: sony is monetizing this. I am sure there will be some lawsuits following if they either dont work out a way to share the revenue generated by this with the publishers, or if the whole demo thing simply becomes a free platform perk.
@Blaze215 because Mario Kart and Animal Crossing are fantastic games and anyone that sits down to play them a little bit at a friends house decide they too must own them too.
I honestly would love if there was a lower tier that only included cloud saves. Never played any PSN+ games, and I never play online other than FFXIV (that does not requrie PSN+) so I just feel i overpay for cloud saves.
The best I can say about this announcement is that my reaction is the same as the original GamePass reaction for me: meh, don’t care.
GamePass earned its place in my gaming life by delivering, and delivering big. It will take years of consistent delivery for me to care about these plans.
@UltimateOtaku91 cloud storage should indeed be free. It’s free on Xbox. But let’s face it: the fact they know people like me only subscribe for that feature means they won’t make it free.
@UltimateOtaku91 Its still a higher price if you only cared about the games but not the online (and those random games a month have been a [bleep]shot as of late.
If currently you subscribe to PSNow and dont care for PSPlus, this is a price hike (that includes anyone that subscribed for the streaming from PC or mobile without owning a console.)
If you have PSNow and PSPlus, then its a price cut.
I would have to see the list of these classic games, but struggle to think what they will be adding that isn't already somewhere else and its easy for MS to get licensing for, but if you subscribe yearly, the highest tier is cheaper than currently subscribing to both PSNow + PSPlus in yearly basis.
I for one only subscribe to PSPlus for the cloud saves. I cant remember the last time I even remember the last time I found a PSPlus game interesting to even claim, but for me, if PSPlus is going down in games, the chances of finding something I want to claim seem to also be going down.
@naruball There is a thing in common between those GAAS you just mentioned: they only sell cosmetics and actual progression rewards are earned in game, IF there are any other than the joy of winning.
I'll toss FFXIV out there too as a GAAS I actively play, and likely accounts for more collective time played than all other games I play in a given year combined, but again, progress is earned via gameplay, not by being held back and nickled and dimed into buying high performance cars (yes I'm being very specific right now.)
It's not easy to make a good GAAS, and it's not easy to come up with a good monetization strategy for one either. The fact that GT7 is Sony's idea of a GAAS makes me very skeptic of their future plans for them. Although I hear Destiny does it well enough (have zero experience with it) so maybe Bungie can teach Sony to stop the [bleep] and to do it right.
Comments 1,002
Re: PS4 Versions Only for Persona 4 Golden, Persona 3 Portable
Maybe they don’t want to maintain two different versions for PlayStation. Xbox smart delivery games can be simply the same game with minimal differences that make them platform aware. We saw a lot of these statements from devs in the first batch of PS5 support in the early months of the consoles launch.
Re: May 2022 NPD: PS5 Stock Issues Put Sony Back in Last
I thought someone was talking about Elden Ring sales dropping into nothingness...
Re: UK Sales Charts: The Quarry PS5, PS4 Physical Sales Run Away with 84% Share
@Flaming_Kaiser MVG recently made a video debunking that, the only problem he faced is smart delivery games that only have XBox One data in the disk and require you to download the XSX version. Same would happen if you wanted to play a PS4 game with its free upgrade on PS5, with the only difference being the PS5 would let you run the old PS4 version.
Either way that is a problem only with select smart delivery games. XSX only games have as much data on disk as a PS5 game.
Re: UK Sales Charts: The Quarry PS5, PS4 Physical Sales Run Away with 84% Share
@Flaming_Kaiser what most gamers on Xbox do is buy digital.
Re: UK Sales Charts: The Quarry PS5, PS4 Physical Sales Run Away with 84% Share
I wonder if these articles will ever bother to mention the fact that Xbox users are way more likely to buy digital, and go back to reference the Elden Ring physical vs digital sale numbers. Nah, I doubt they ever will.
Re: Reaction: PS Plus’ Revamp Is Hours Away, But Sony Still Has a Game Pass Problem
@ShogunRok beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. Starfield, Redfall, Forza Motorsport, Wo Long Fallen Dynasty and Plague Tale: Requiem didn’t look “GamePass-y” to me.
Re: Persona 3, 4, 5 Coming to PC and Xbox, No Mention of PS5, PS4
@Royalblues
Nah, there might be some of that going on twitter, I don’t use Twitter, but I only seen that line of thighs in these comment sections. Then again I don’t look much at any other comment sections or social whatevers.
Re: Persona 3, 4, 5 Coming to PC and Xbox, No Mention of PlayStation
@Royalblues maybe because Sega has expressed publicly how successful their dealings with GamePass have been, and as we all know, talking good of GamePass means they hate PlayStation or something 🤷
Re: Persona 3, 4, 5 Coming to PC and Xbox, No Mention of PlayStation
I mean, they were not going to mention PlayStation on an Xbox show… but there is always a chance that Microsoft financed these ports.
Re: Rumour: More Persona Games Could Be Coming to Consoles
Everyone here is focused on the 3D personas, and I know those are the teased ones, but man I would love to see the PSP Persona 1 & 2 versions ported to PS4|5, XSX|S & Switch.
Re: God of War Ragnarok PS5, PS4 Release Date Targeting November
@get2sammyb
Isn't that how most "credible" rumors start? Someone in the know told us?
The fact that the game keeps getting these "recently delayed by a few months internally" situations make me treat any news with a grain of salt until I see the thing actually hit the shelves.
Edit: Hell, as willing as I would be to pay full price for this one at launch, after how many patches Horizon Forbidden West has needed, I might still stay off this one until after quite a few patches. I know it's a different studio but still.
Re: God of War Ragnarok PS5, PS4 Release Date Targeting November
I'm looking forward to it but not holding my breath over rumors. If it makes it, great, if it doesn't, still got plenty on my backlog.
Re: The Last of Us: Part I Has a $100 Version, and It's Already Sold Out
@MisterXpoSay Don't worry, once the PS5Pro or PS6 comes out they will sell us the 8k Re-Remaster for $80.
Re: The Last of Us: Part I Has a $100 Version, and It's Already Sold Out
@fido my thoughts exactly. These high profile limited editions always sell ridiculously fast and then flood ebay for absurd markups.
Re: Gallery: Spot the Difference in The Last of Us: Part I PS5 Screenshots
Can I see differences? Sure. Would I ever call this a remake? No. Final fantasy VII was a remake. This is an overpriced remaster.
I’ll likely buy it at some point, when it’s on a deep deep discount in a few years. Really hope this is not all Sony got this year.
Re: Sony Leaks The Last of Us: Part I for PS5, Launching 2nd September
@Korgon your eyes are perfectly fine. Calling it a “remake” instead of “remaster” just makes it easier for them to justify $70 bucks.
Re: It Looks Like Square Enix Won't Be Betting the Farm on the Blockchain After All
@Abeedo exactly. This has nothing to do with Sony, this is the crypto crash showing potential investors how much money they can lose overnight by investing on that nonsense.
Re: Horizon Forbidden West Update Makes a Huge Improvement to Performance Mode on PS5
It’s nice they keep working on this game but honestly, I get the feeling this game was release too early. Glad I have not started playing it yet, did buy a copy though.
Re: Horizon Forbidden West Update Makes a Huge Improvement to Performance Mode on PS5
@Hundred_Hand_Slap
or buy a better TV.
Re: Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered and Miles Morales Are Swinging Onto PC
I honestly don’t understand the users that consider themselves PlayStation fans but then feel their games being on PC upsets them.
I don’t care if a game is on PC, if it’s on console I’ll play it on console, and if that console is PS5, that’s where I’ll play the game. I’m not a PS5 first player at all, I’ll always pick an Xbox or Switch version over a PS5 one, but PC is the last place I’ll play anything that isn’t an MMO.
Re: God of War Slaughters GeForce Now Support Ahead of PS Plus Reboot
Sony, for the payers. 😒
This like an app developer saying their app will refuse to run if you in RDP.
Re: UK Sales Charts: 92% of Sniper Elite 5 Sales Are on PS5, PS4
@UltimateOtaku91 but you said the majority of people only buy Xbox for GamePass, if there was true Elden Ring would had not sold well at all on Xbox. It actually sold 29% of its copies on Xbox, compared to 32% on PS5 (rest on PC), an almost even distribution.
Re: UK Sales Charts: 92% of Sniper Elite 5 Sales Are on PS5, PS4
@UltimateOtaku91 last time I recall a statistic like this was Elden Ring and as soon as the digital sales came into account, the game sold proportional to install base across Xbox/PS5. So no, Xbox users don’t just buy their consoles for GamePass, but Xbox users are way more likely to go digital.
When Bandai releases numbers they showed that 85% of sales on Xbox were digital. All these UK physical only chart show us is that PS users still like disks.
Re: PS Plus Premium's Cloud Streaming Does Not Support PS5 Games
@Floki yes, that’s a selling point of GamePass Streaming on Xbox One, allowing anyone to play next gen exclusives like Flight Simulator on last gen consoles if you can’t find yourself a Series X.
Re: PS Plus Premium's Cloud Streaming Does Not Support PS5 Games
@get2sammyb think they claimed it’s all running on Series X racks now.
As for Sony I’m sure the reason they are not offering this yet is because they simply can’t populate the data centers with PS5 hardware.
Makes you think, though… Xbox managed to build all the xbox they sold AND the ones in their data centers.
https://xboxera.com/2021/06/28/xbox-game-streaming-now-using-series-x-blades-and-browser-based-streaming-available-to-all-game-pass-ultimate-members/
Re: Sony Shares First Look at PS Plus Extra, Premium Games
PS2 list has some interesting games in it:
Arc The Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
Dark Cloud
Dark Cloud 2
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Jak II
Jak 3
Wild Arms 3
Other than that... just padding. Even then, there is no way I would pay a premium to play these games.
Re: So Apparently, Sony Demanded Changes to Salt and Sacrifice's Price on Other Platforms
Yes definitively not a good look for Sony. I’m sure most companies would had turned a blind eye for the price of the game in countries like Brazil.
Re: Sony Is Still Gaming's Second Biggest Money Maker, But Looks Set to Be Overtaken
@Th3solution as a landlord myself, I use the example due to personal experience. Mind you, I am a private individual and DO want to make some cash to put into my pocket, but even if my rent revenue was lower than my mortgage payment, I cant tell Uncle Sam I lost money when filing taxes, because I still built equity and that is considered profiting.
Microsoft still will want to make money going forward, the more money they make relative how much money they spend to make games, the more money they have to invest into future projects and studios, therefore the faster they grow. They are just not looking to "recover" what they spent, they are looking to increase their monthly revenues so they can keep the expansion cycle going and going.
MS has an extra incentive: Activision is a huge publisher and getting all those titles, back catalog and future releases both, into Game Pass, makes that service even more appealing, and we all know that top priority at XBox is to make Game Pass as ubiquitous as possible.
Re: Sony Is Still Gaming's Second Biggest Money Maker, But Looks Set to Be Overtaken
@Th3solution Microsoft does not need to make the money back from Activision’s revenue or at all. Expecting them to make the money back and still have the ownership of Activision is like expecting to buy a house, Airbnb it, and get the whole mortgage paid back in a year purely from rent revenue.
Point is: ownership of an asset becomes itself part of your net worth, and it actually increases in value alongside with inflation, unlike money in hand, that devaluates alongside inflation.
At the end, any acquisition grows your company size, and that’s what investors demand the most. Investors want the company to grow, not to hoard money. Earned money is expected to be invested in further growth.
Re: PS Plus Subscriber Count Slightly Down Year-on-Year to 47.4 Million
@AdamNovice it is not unrealistic for game pass to reach those numbers given the platform install base that is not just about consoles and cloud but also Windows. As game pass becomes more popular, the PC Game Pass also ends up growing, and that’s a gargantuan install base. If Xbox ever makes a deal with Steam to bring Game Pass inside of Steam (something Gabe already says he would be all up for,) that’s going to skyrocket their numbers.
@Shepherd_Tallon although this weekends Xbox outage has been extremely concerning (I was personally not affected so can’t tell how broad the issue was) the game pass approach is nothing like what happened in 2013.
The 2013 debacle was about every console requiring daily online checks or become a brick even for disk based games. Today, xbox still frustratingly requires many disk based games to go online for the game install, but once installed, if the disk is in the tray, you don’t need to be online to play. Even this weekends outage didn’t impact disk based games.
Today, even digital purchase should not require daily online checks either. This weekends outage was reportedly easy to work around for almost everyone by telling the Xbox to just go offline (that’s another frustration, why must I tell the Xbox to go offline? Can’t connect? Just go offline on your own!)
Re: PS Plus Subscriber Count Slightly Down Year-on-Year to 47.4 Million
I’m subscribed, exclusively for cloud saves. Would had already canceled if they didn’t make individual game save backups an even bigger pain in the PS5.
Re: Sony's Bungie Buyout to Be Investigated by the FTC
@Flaming_Kaiser the penalty fee buyers commit to pay when the deals fall through tends to be significant. I would not be shocked if it was half a billion on a purchase this size.
I don’t see any obvious reason for it to be stopped, at least not anticompetitive ones, and as far as I know Bungie is private, making it harder to make a case about the deal not looking for the interest of stockholders, but not impossible. Even private companies might still have investors and share holders, sometimes employees are compensated with such. The FTC could be looking precisely at those edge cases to make sure the deal is not breaking any laws or regulations. That’s the only thing I could think of the top of my head that might be an issue for this deal.
Re: Sony's Bungie Buyout to Be Investigated by the FTC
@Flaming_Kaiser No deal is "closed" until the regulatory bodies give their final approval. Unlikely that they will in this case, unless there is some weird stuff going on somewhere with private investors or who knows what.
It is custom for these deals to come with compensation for the target company if the deal falls through, though. So it would not be good news for Sony 2x.
Re: Sony's Bungie Buyout to Be Investigated by the FTC
@johnny30 none of them are service games, though. Unless they planning to turn them into service games, and that would be bad news...
Re: Sony's Bungie Buyout to Be Investigated by the FTC
@johnny30 FF14 is the only example of good service games from SE. like, everything they touch in the live service sector seems to be garbage. What you seem to want is for Sony to hire Yoshi P.
Re: Sony's Bungie Buyout to Be Investigated by the FTC
I honestly doubt the FTC cares about the exclusivity of games. Hell, even on the Activision deal the only opposition we have seen is about the acquisition potentially weakening the standing of already vulnerable and abused employees, and potentially help Bobby Koticik avoid accountability.
I think the only issue here is the price tag, when so much money is involved, they will run audits to see what’s going on, and make sure no laws are being broken.
Re: Outriders Has so Far Failed to Turn a Profit for Square Enix
Didn’t the developer a while back said something about fishy numbers and how they never saw profit share from Square despite knowing the game had huge user base across all platforms?
It sounds to me SE is simply being “creative” with the numbers to pretend it never had a profit so they don’t have to pay royalties.
Re: Sony Confirms PS Plus Subscription Stacking Has Been Blocked
When an edge case comes up and it’s up to either allowing customers to take advantage of stuff they paid for it [bleeping] them over, always pick [bleeping] them over. It’s the Sony way.
Re: PS Plus Premium Demo Requirement Puzzling Publishers, Devs
A lot of people seem to be missing the point: sony is monetizing this. I am sure there will be some lawsuits following if they either dont work out a way to share the revenue generated by this with the publishers, or if the whole demo thing simply becomes a free platform perk.
Re: PS Plus Premium Demo Requirement Puzzling Publishers, Devs
This seems shady as heck... monetize the demos by locking them behind a paywall but not share the revenue with the game publishers? ...
Re: UK Sales Charts: Gran Turismo 7 Falls Behind While LEGO Star Wars' Reign Continues
@Blaze215 because Mario Kart and Animal Crossing are fantastic games and anyone that sits down to play them a little bit at a friends house decide they too must own them too.
Re: UK Sales Charts: Gran Turismo 7 Falls Behind While LEGO Star Wars' Reign Continues
Lego Star Wars is possibly GotG for me!
Re: PS Plus Members Will Have the Option to Upgrade to Extra, Premium
I honestly would love if there was a lower tier that only included cloud saves. Never played any PSN+ games, and I never play online other than FFXIV (that does not requrie PSN+) so I just feel i overpay for cloud saves.
Re: Classic Games Including PS1 Curiously Expiring on PS3, PS Vita
Yet more reasons for me to never trust Sony with digital purchases. Why on earth would they implement such an expiration date license system?????
Re: Every Major Publisher Signed Up for PS Plus Revamp
The best I can say about this announcement is that my reaction is the same as the original GamePass reaction for me: meh, don’t care.
GamePass earned its place in my gaming life by delivering, and delivering big. It will take years of consistent delivery for me to care about these plans.
Re: PS Plus, PS Now Merged Service Revealed, Goes Live in June
@UltimateOtaku91 cloud storage should indeed be free. It’s free on Xbox. But let’s face it: the fact they know people like me only subscribe for that feature means they won’t make it free.
Re: PS Plus, PS Now Merged Service Revealed, Goes Live in June
@UltimateOtaku91 Its still a higher price if you only cared about the games but not the online (and those random games a month have been a [bleep]shot as of late.
If currently you subscribe to PSNow and dont care for PSPlus, this is a price hike (that includes anyone that subscribed for the streaming from PC or mobile without owning a console.)
If you have PSNow and PSPlus, then its a price cut.
I would have to see the list of these classic games, but struggle to think what they will be adding that isn't already somewhere else and its easy for MS to get licensing for, but if you subscribe yearly, the highest tier is cheaper than currently subscribing to both PSNow + PSPlus in yearly basis.
I for one only subscribe to PSPlus for the cloud saves. I cant remember the last time I even remember the last time I found a PSPlus game interesting to even claim, but for me, if PSPlus is going down in games, the chances of finding something I want to claim seem to also be going down.
Re: PS Plus, PS Now Merged Service Revealed, Goes Live in June
@NMeta sounds like it, and I expect the yearly subscriptions for PS Now to go away, resulting in a huge price hike for basically the same service.
Re: VRR Support Officially Coming to PS5 'In the Coming Months'
Just 5 years late to the party, since XBox had the feature since the launch of the One X in 2017.
Maybe they also get to fix their “dual entitlement” program sometime in the next 3 years!
Re: Sony Acquires Haven Studios, the New Developer Led By Jade Raymond
@naruball There is a thing in common between those GAAS you just mentioned: they only sell cosmetics and actual progression rewards are earned in game, IF there are any other than the joy of winning.
I'll toss FFXIV out there too as a GAAS I actively play, and likely accounts for more collective time played than all other games I play in a given year combined, but again, progress is earned via gameplay, not by being held back and nickled and dimed into buying high performance cars (yes I'm being very specific right now.)
It's not easy to make a good GAAS, and it's not easy to come up with a good monetization strategy for one either. The fact that GT7 is Sony's idea of a GAAS makes me very skeptic of their future plans for them. Although I hear Destiny does it well enough (have zero experience with it) so maybe Bungie can teach Sony to stop the [bleep] and to do it right.