Comments 1,002

Re: Why the PS5's Price Hasn't Changed in USA

Rimebreaker

@OrtadragoonX dont even have to look at the PC market. Look at the Switch. The Switch Lite alone sells very well despite the fact that a lot of games run terribly on handheld-only mode. Truth is, a lot of the market will be perfectly happy playing on the cheapest market.

Hell, they don't even have to look at the Switch either. Look at last gen. They could look at XBox One S sales vs XBox One X sales, and although Sony didn't release model details, it was not hard to just look at some retail information to see that the PS4 also outsold the PS4 Pro regardless of extra power.

The Series S is going to pay off big time in a few years, when they end up able to cut the price to ridiculously low levels. I would not be shocked if we see Series S for $100 near the end of the generation.

Re: Soul Hackers 2 (PS5) - SMT on a Budget

Rimebreaker

To me (a casual SMT player) it seems this games biggest error was making itself look too much like Persona 5. Persona 5 fans are now hoping for another Persona, and SMT mainline fans are simply disinterested because of that, when it seems this is much more likely to please the SMT crowd than the Persona crowd.

Re: PS4 Outsold Xbox One by 'More Than Twice as Many' Consoles, It's Claimed

Rimebreaker

It’s fun to see this on a regional setting. For example: in NA, PS4 only outsold Xbox 1.2 to 1, but in Europe, they outsold it 3.5 to 1.

Regional markets are all very very different, and even with the Xbox underperforming last gen, it did admirably well in NA.

My prediction for this gen:
Between 1.8 and 2 to 1 in Europe in favor of PS5
Between 1.25 and 1.4 to 1 in NA in favor of Xbox.

Extra reference: PS3 vs 360
1.57 to 1 in NA in favor of Xbox
1.28 to 1 in Europe in favor of PS3

Re: UK Sales Charts: Horizon Forbidden West on Top Again Due to PS5 Bundle

Rimebreaker

@Shepherd_Tallon the biggest difference is those bundles are historically done to boost console sales by giving better value, by offering some new hot game.

This time you can’t boost sales beyond what they selling because demand is higher than manufacturing bandwidth, so this is simply results in a price hike. I know I been wanting a second PS5 for my living room and not only can’t I find one yet, chances are I’ll have to pay for a bundle that includes a game I already own.

Re: Video: Is Spider-Man Remastered At Its Best on PC?

Rimebreaker

I dont care if a PS exclusive is sold on PC, just like with XBox, im a console gamer first, and I will always prefer a console option for a game.

However, that is assuming there is some basic parity. If the PC version ends up being overall better... then why bother? I'll just wait a few years (maybe eventually just a few months) to play the games on a PC instead...

Re: Microsoft Accuses Sony of Paying to Block Games from Xbox Game Pass

Rimebreaker

@Snake_V5 it is extremely common for anyone afraid of a emerging competitor to try to downplay it and call them things like “unsustainable”. Remember when BlackBerry laughed at the iPhone?

I mean, its not like you ever going to hear Sony say “GamePass is too good, we are worried, please don’t subscribe to that amazing deal!”

Re: Microsoft Accuses Sony of Paying to Block Games from Xbox Game Pass

Rimebreaker

@get2sammyb to me, honestly, marketing deals have never made much sense. I’ll buy the game on the platform I want to play the game. But we have found recently that these marketing deals do more than just market the game, they also can include exclusive dlc (even if it’s just cosmetics) and prevent the game from going into any competitors subscription services. I would not be shocked if they also forbid games going on sale on other platforms, based on that indie game that had to increase its price internationally due to currency fluctuations making it cheaper on pc in other markets.

So, yea, I would be perfectly happy if Sony used its money to make and market its own games instead of trying to convince the casual consumer that the game is only available on their console.

Re: Microsoft Accuses Sony of Paying to Block Games from Xbox Game Pass

Rimebreaker

@11001100110zero I’m going to actually give this to Sony: the cases that we already know they did this are usually marketing exclusivity deals like the ones in Call of Duty or some of the recent Resident Evil gamers. It would not be much if a marketing exclusivity deal if the game turns around and gets added to Game Pass on day one.

Mind you, Microsoft might have info about older games getting paid off to stay off game pass.

Re: Don't Show Old School Assassin's Creed Fans This New Valhalla Armour Set

Rimebreaker

Even this is not that crazy given the game canon. You are not actually living on the period, it’s all supposed to be a reconstruction on a computer, and it’s always been full of fantastical gear you can unlock, and unlocking the stuff is not even implied to mean the actual ancestral person had access to it, it can simply be a hack of sorts made accessible for reasons. Even if it was, spoiler alert: the series has always been about a race of ridiculously advanced alien guys that kept humans as slaves multiple millenia ago, and they left tons of tech behind.

That said, this is still locked behind a pay wall and I won’t be finding it on a dungeon so, this means nothing for me.

Re: Sony's Not the Only One Struggling to Hold PS5, PS4 Players' Attention

Rimebreaker

@UltimateOtaku91 F2P is also being impacted. COVID restrictions meant a lot more people working from home or plainly not working, that meant a lot more free time on a budget, F2P games were a godsend for such people.

With so many back at the office, or plainly working on stuff that does not leave the idle time, this should had simply been expected.

Mobile F2P games that are less bound to your couch or home office should be a bit less likely to be impacted, though, since they are played wherever you are if you have some idle time, but still should also see somewhat of a hit.

Re: Sony Coy on Potential PS5 Price Increase

Rimebreaker

The way I see it, if this happens, its going to be a forced bundle kind of deal.

Like, digital version for $600 bundled with one game of their picking and an extra controller, similar for a $700 bundle (dont expect a disk for the free game there either,) then stop stocking the base models.

Re: Nearly 80% of All PS5, PS4 Games Are Bought Digitally

Rimebreaker

@Victor_Meldrew I was going to say, this number is likely inflated by counting unit sales across all games, including cheap $5 games and indie games that are only available digitally.

We know every time some big title releases figures, their physical/digital difference split is nowhere near that large.

Re: No Free PS4 to PS5 Upgrade Path for Persona 5 Royal

Rimebreaker

@NEStalgia funny self fulfilling prophesy:
This goes out. Barely sells any units on PlayStation for obvious reasons.
Atlus turns around "hey... our last game sold a ton more on XBox and Switch than PlayStation.... maybe we should focus more on those platforms and leave PlayStation behind going forward"

This is not all me being paranoid or daydreaming, they did it with Disgaea 6, where they decided to keep it on Switch for a big chunk of time.

Re: Gaming Spend Will Continue to Decline in US as Living Costs Increase, Says NPD Report

Rimebreaker

I'm not personally being hit hard by the economic trends, but still feel the urge to start being a lot more frugal with my spending. Gaming is one big thing I'm cutting back on big time.

I have a huge backlog of games I could had bought at discount way after their launch. I now need to **really** want something very badly to buy it day one, but I feel other than Nintendo I don't trust anyone to release a game without major bugs, so at least for the year going forward, I'll be waiting for sales months after release, by then, any major bugs are fixed.

Re: God of War Ragnarok Release Date Confirmed for 9th November

Rimebreaker

@NEStalgia I think the two biggest games of the PS4 lifespan were GoW and Spider Man. Orders likely came from above to work on a Bigger Badder Open Worlder version ASAP.

I do miss the days when a game series got sequels every 2 years.
Uncharted 1: 2007
Uncharted 2: 2009 (2 years)
Uncharted 3: 2011 (2 years)
Uncharted Golden Abyss 2012 (1 year)
Uncharted 4: 2016 (5 years from last mainline, 4 from last side game)
Uncharted The Lost Legacy 2017 (it felt for a bit that it was back to smaller regular releases but nope that was the end of that line... we waited 5 more years for a PS5 port)

And the thing is, the more we wait in between entries, the more people expect, making the NEXT entry even bigger and have an even larger gap...

Re: God of War Ragnarok Release Date Confirmed for 9th November

Rimebreaker

@NEStalgia Yea, this does not look too good (releasing a cinematic trailer.) Honestly even if we got gameplay, best I can do is hope it launches in a solid state. Even with said hopes, I'm not jumping into this anytime near launch. Did that with Horizon Forbidden West day one and they still patching bugs, making me regret the day one purchase.

They obviously were on the fence about whether they could meet the date or not to finally make the announcement, so it sounds to me this game is going to be coming extremely hot out of the oven.

Re: Riders Republic, Skull & Bones Will Have In-Game Events to Highlight Climate Issues

Rimebreaker

Find it so ironic when people hate on stuff like this and want real world issues out of their entertainment, but they also somehow love Metal Gear Solid, Halo and Star Wars, among many other politically and real world issue loaded works of entertainment.

Anyways, good for UBisoft to do something good. Now to hope the messages also reach their management and they drop their silly NFT agenda.

Re: PS4 Versions Only for Persona 4 Golden, Persona 3 Portable

Rimebreaker

@Scooby-Doo even if all of these were ready right now, it’s pretty common for publishers to release titles over time. It helps populate their release calendar and prevent one title from cannibalizing the others sales.

Keep in mind the masses don’t actually buy tons of games just because they are out, they are much more likely to just go through the new releases sections and buy something, then move on to the next game once that one is beat. The publisher can maximize sales if the individual titles show up in new releases over a few months.