Rumour: Nathan Drake to Scale PS4 in Enhanced Uncharted Collection

Jumping between generations

With a new entry in Naughty Dog’s critically acclaimed Uncharted franchise on the horizon, it seems reasonable that Sony may want to clue new PlayStation 4 adopters into the previous escapades of Nathan Drake and crew. Fascinatingly, Italian publication Games.it hypothesises that the platform holder may just do that, too, as an upgraded Uncharted Collection is supposedly on the way to Sony’s new machine.

A short report published by the gigantic European site speculates that a compilation containing popular PlayStation 3 titles Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, and Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception could be on the way. Interestingly, the article also mentions that PlayStation Vita spin-offs Uncharted: Golden Abyss and card game Uncharted: Fight for Fortune may be thrown in for good measure as well.

While the publication failed to provide any further details, it does mention that each title will be re-mastered in order to “exploit the potential” of the Japanese giant’s new machine, meaning that you should probably expect improved visuals and some additional touchpad and light bar functionality. Of course, that all depends on whether the site’s sources are accurate in the first place, so take all of this with a hearty helping of salt for the time being.

Would you be willing to shoot and loot your way through the entire Uncharted franchise again, or are you happy to wait until the next full game? Hit us with your very best quip in the comments section below.

[via games.it, psu.com]

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

I've been saying for a while that there needs to be an Uncharted collection for PS4 and/or Vita. Golden Abyss looks like it plays very well, so I don't see why Sony wouldn't do it.

And am I the only one who thought that Sony should have gotten Blue Point to port The Last of Us to the Vita? I know for a fact that that would have sold a good number of units.

iSolipsistJudas

iSolipsistJudas said:

Honestly I'm all for it, I love the Uncharted trilogy and it was one of the IP's that led me to take pride in my PS3

rjejr

rjejr said:

Might as well start w/ Uncharted on the parade of updated ports. As much as I like my PS3 it never felt as full of series to me as the PS2 but Uncharted would be #1, inFamous 1, 2 and the DLC would be #2, LBP1 + 2 and the Move DLC #3. Can't think of #4. All the obvious others started on PS2 like Ratchet and Clank, God of War and Killlzone. Oh yeah, almost forgot Resistance for #4, it's been out of the news so long.

It looks like there might be a few Xbox360 owners coming the PS4 way, might as well let them see what they missed.

KAPADO

KAPADO said:

A chance to play uncharted 2 on super high def.
I'm hanging to this one with anticipation.

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

oh I hope it's true, I love the Uncharted games and would love to play them on my ps4 (and who knows maybe this version of Uncharted 2 won't have a bug that makes it crash every time on a checkpoint in shambala just before the tree of life luckly all you have to do is restart and you carry on from the checkpoint but it's bloody annoying)

gbanas92Staff

gbanas92 said:

As the first series I bought for my PS3 (I was a little late to the party), I really hope this is true. I love this series so much!

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

That would be awesome. Imagine if they updated the mechenics for game a little, the first one and Golden Abyss could have good melee. I would buy this day one. I loved them so much, and I have wanted to replay them one day, this would be the perfect way to do so. Not to mention the Dualshock 4 with these games would be heavenly. I imagine it could also help sell systems to 360 owners who never had a PS3.

KillTheG1mp

KillTheG1mp said:

I was a xbox only guy and I switched to the PS4 this generation. So yeah I'd buy it day one! Loved playing Golden Abyss on my vita!

RawShark

RawShark said:

@Splat good luck doing the puzzley bits without a touchpad... (there is an alarming amount of rubbing going on in that game - I'd say it makes up about 60% of the game length).

RawShark

RawShark said:

I generally don't double dip... and if I do it's so I can play cheap PSP games on my vita. But I am intrigued as to how much they can upscale Uncharted 2 in particular. Especially THAT bit in the wrecked building...

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

@Gemuarto Things get canceled/delayed and there's nothing wrong with a few ports, especially when those ports are being released to combat a software drought.

PS4 games are coming, you just need to have some patience. You people act like there's always a mountain of games this close to a new system launch.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

PlayStation 4: the expensive way to play PlayStation 3 games you can buy for next to nothing.

YashaStepanovic

YashaStepanovic said:

played through the whole PS4 trilogy and just got my Golden Abyss plat a few days ago, would totally double dip, I verymuch want this!

Swinny

Swinny said:

The wait for Uncharted 4 is so damn agonising, hell, the wait for ANY Naughty Dog game on the PS4 is agonising, this collection would be real nice to hold me off until their PS4 debut.
The graphics in these games, espcially 2 and 3, still stand toe to toe with any game on the market, even today, even though these next-gen systems have been on the market for 3 months. And N.D developed these games in super high resolution and then down-scaled them to run on the PS3, so the next-gen versions have already been developed, technically speaking.
Imagine these games in 1080p 60fps with all graphical effects turned up to 11, this series is already a graphical powerhouse, the thought of putting them on PS4 makes me wet myself.
lol :-)

RaymanFan2

RaymanFan2 said:

There is absolutely no way that this could be a real thing and TLoU PS4 couldn't be a real thing too.

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

@BornOfEvil after playing Tomb Raider, I understood that those titles here not to prevent drought, but to make it look more painfull. For me at least. And do't forget - nobody cares about Uncharted anymore.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I would love it if this came to PS4 since last gen I went with Xbox 360 I missed all of these games but I have been wanting to see what all the hype is about.

Axel210

Axel210 said:

Not that this isn't great for those who haven't experienced the games, but doesn't the PS3 start to lose more and more exclusives if they start doing this? Plus I kind of want NEW games, not prettier old ones.

Only opinion by the way. It is very likely i will end up buying them again, who wouldn't? It's just, I would rather be seeing new worlds, new characters and new stories.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

I actually would buy this, but I'm totally against it for several reasons. They keep on ripping exclusives just to mass market the games on additional consoles, and it's becoming tiresome. Resident Evil Revelations and Castlevania Mirror of Fate were both 3DS exclusive. Not any more. Assassin's Creed Liberation was Vita exclusive. Not any more. Batman Arkham Blackgate was handheld exclusive (3DS/Vita). Soon, not any more. Uncharted Golden Abyss was Vita exclusive. If this is true, then not any more.

That's really irritating. These games were built ground up for handhelds. Then they port them to home consoles just to make a few extra bucks. Games that are great, on HANDHELDS, but don't make too much sense as console games. These devs need to learn some discipline, and how to leave handheld exclusives as just that.

Shaolin

Shaolin said:

I have to say that this really doesn't sound like Naughty Dog's style to pop Uncharted onto the PS4 remaster bandwagon. It'll be interesting enough just to see if they re-release TLoU. The problem for Sony is to make sure the PS4 doesn't get a reputation as being the console of choice for remakes and no new AAA content.

That said, I would be over the moon if they did. I know a lot of people who would buy a PS4 on the back of this alone. My fingers and toes are crossed for us all.

Donald_M

Donald_M said:

I only got about halfway through the first Uncharted before my PS3 got stolen, so I'd be down for this.

Donald_M

Donald_M said:

@Axel210 The PS3 is eight years old and has sold 80 million units, I doubt Sony is too concerned about it losing exclusives at this point. Also yes, new games I want and new game we'll get, but given that I haven't ever played most of the PS3's exclusives and the whole Playstation Now thing is still up in the air in terms of what it'll cost and how well it will work, I don't object to some of the PS3's exclusive makign their way to the PS4 in enhanced editions the way they did with a bunch of PS2 titles for PS3.

RaymanFan2

RaymanFan2 said:

@Shaolin Sony gives ND complete creative freedom for their new games, but I doubt they'd give ND much say in cash-grab remaster collections.

ukman100

ukman100 said:

worked ok for god of war games onto ps3 so sounds a great idea as long as price is right.

stubiedoo

stubiedoo said:

Would be excited about uncharted 1 and 2 on ps4 but got 3 on ps3 and golden abyss with ps plus which is just going to raise the price.

KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON said:

Yep, all over this if it happens. Golden Abyss was great, and I missed 2 &3 anyway. Good prep for 4.

Shaolin

Shaolin said:

@RaymanFan2 I agree. I personally don't have a problem with 3D although I know some people do so it was very interesting to see a technology that Sony was pushing very hard at the time end up in Uncharted 3. Just as with 3D, I'm sure that Naughty Dog would have the discretionary power to veto the ps4 collections but they'd probably reserve playing that drastic a card for something they were really dead set against. To be honest, I'd really like to play ps4 versions I just don't want to set myself up for possible disappointment lol!

ReigningSemtex

ReigningSemtex said:

I have already played all the uncharted series except golden abyss but I wouldn't hesitate on buying a enhanced collection if the price is right. Uncharted 2 ftw!