- Number of Players
- 1 (Single Player) (10 Player Online)
- Release Date
- 13th Oct 2009
- 15th Oct 2009
- 16th Oct 2009
- Controller Support
- Official Site
King of thieves
The follow-up to Naughty Dog's often overlooked cinematic gem Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves plots the path of Nathan Drake once again as he follows the trail of Marco Polo and a legendary gem known as the Cintamani stone. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves sees some growth to the game's cast, with both Elena and...
- More Details
Accessibility data by Family Gaming Database
Cruise suspected of being real-life Drake
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves director Bruce Straley, ever the firebrand, sees some striking similarities between a train sequence in Tom Cruise's latest attempt to go out in a blaze of cinematic glory (Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning) and that
Sony's not doing itself any favours lately. DriveClub has been delisted from the PlayStation Store (slightly too soon in some parts of the world) and is due to have its servers switched off early next year. Now, the multiplayer servers for PS3 games Uncharted
Drake's on a train
The more we see of Naughty Dog’s games, the more we realise they’re an optical illusion. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is no different, and this video showcasing the sequel’s iconic train level is eye-opening. It reveals how the set-piece works: by placing you on a gigantic loop. It then masks environmental changes with various...
Ever industrious Push Square reader themcnoisy couldn't have timed the results for our greatest PlayStation game poll any better, could he? For those who haven't been keeping tabs, readers have been voting on the best games ever released on a Sony system for months now – you may remember that we posted about the top 64 titles ea
You just can't stop Nathan Drake's voice actor, Nolan North, from belting out some incredible headlines, can you? This time, the prolific video game star has been talking to the Official PlayStation Magazine, and he's relayed a rather interesting quote from none other than director J.J. Abrams - the man behind the upcoming Star Wars...
One side of the story
It was only a few days ago when news broke that Amy Hennig, creative director of the Naughty Dog's iconic Uncharted series, had left the studio. It didn't take long for rumours to start spreading like wildfire that she hadn't left by her own choice, and was supposedly "forced out" by Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley, two fellow...
The Last of Us author to take on the mantle
Long time Naughty Dog staffer Amy Hennig has recently left the Californian developer after 10 years of service, Sony has confirmed. Notable for her role as director and writer on all three Uncharted games, the storied scribe vacated her position on 3rd March. Thankfully, the Japanese giant was quick to...
We dread to think how much of your hard-drive will be required to store digital editions of Nathan Drake’s escapades on your PS3, but we’ll soon be able to find out. Sony has taken to the US arm of the PlayStation Blog to confirm the release of Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves for release on the...
Naughty Dog’s Uncharted series has officially entered the pantheon of great PlayStation sellers, with Sony announcing this evening that the franchise has surpassed 17 million sales globally since its debut in 2007. The numbers account for the PS3 trilogy and Sony Bend’s recently released Vita spin-off. To celebrate the news,...
Suitable for broadcast
The video game industry has been infatuated with cinema for years. The obsession stretches back to the late 1980s, if not earlier. Titles like Prince of Persia scattered cinematic setpieces throughout: leaps of faith into nothingness, climactic battles upon crumbling bridges. There was delight when SEGA's Mega CD allowed the...
UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves is the story of Nathan Drake, a fortune-hunter with a shady reputation and an even shadier past who is lured back into the treacherous world of thieves and mercenary treasure-seekers.
The tenth game by premier PLAYSTATION 3 developer Naughty Dog, UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves allows players to take control of Drake and embark on a journey that will push him to his physical, emotional and intellectual limits to discover the real truth behind the lost fleet of Marco Polo and the legendary Himalayan valley of Shambhala.
- An expanded cast of characters who reflect different facets of Drake’s character, including Chloe Frazer, Drake’s current partner and new romantic interest.
- Varied and exotic locations – from lush, green swamps and dense urban environments, all the way to the ice and snow of the Himalayas.
- Unrestricted combat allows players to take an aggressive or stealthy approach to combat.
- Free-flowing “traversal gunplay” adds a unique vertical element to familiar cover-based third-person shooting mechanics, allowing the player to engage in combat from any position in the environment – even while climbing and hanging.
- Introduction of new traversal and free-climbing mechanics allow Drake to navigate through the environments more fluidly and naturally.
- Gunplay and combat enhancements, including an expanded melee system, and a variety of enemy types with advanced AI routines.
- High-quality cinematic presentation of scenes, characters and dialogue, all rendered within the Naughty Dog Engine 2.0.
- Dramatic in-game events that make the player an active participant in the cinematic experience.
- Full character interaction with dynamic geometry.