Here's Your Very First Official PlayStation 4 Hardware Bundle

Reasonably priced, too

You can already pick up a PlayStation 4 bundle if you look hard enough. Most retailers are creating custom packages in order to entice consumers, but nothing official has been announced. That hasn’t stopped Amazon France from leaking what appears to be the first Sony composed hardware bundle, though, which collates the system with Killzone: Shadow Fall, two DualShock 4 controllers, and a PlayStation Eye.

Impressively, the retailer is only asking €499.99 (£427/$662) for the collection, which looks like a bargain from where we’re sitting. Considering that the camera sells for €49.99, the game costs around €69.90, and an extra DualShock 4 retails for about €59.99, the package represents a saving of almost €80 (£68/$105). It also matches the base price of the Xbox One, which we’re sure is just an added bonus.

[via amazon.fr, hotukdeals.com, videogamer.com]

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

That is one heck of a deal, I'd be all over it if I had the money and it was available in the US. Also, how sexy is that box?

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

@Lelouch For the base price of the XB1 you get a game, camera and an extra controller? Now thats a good bundle deal as you say. Agree on the boxart point too

@ScreamAimFire99 NO doubt they will with it pretty much matching the XB1 base price over here

meldarion

meldarion said:

@ScreamAimFire99 I think he did a proper conversion of 500 euros to dollars. In the playstation world 500 euros = $500. We are totally ripped off in europe thanks to the euro

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

@MadchesterManc With all of the positive buzz surrounding Shadow Fall, I have no doubt that this bundle will do well. Especially here in the US where shooters are the dominant genre.

@meldarion It might be as sexy as Milly or Shirley, but it can't touch Rakshata, C.C. or Kallen.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

@get2sammyb Code Geass, it's the anime where my name and the character in my profile pic are from.

Fun fact: Troy Baker provides the voice for Lelouch's brother, Schneizel el Brittania.

Ps4all

Ps4all said:

I already have all of those things desperately preorders, so that would be awesome if this showed up stateside.

mibtar

mibtar said:

MS is gonna have a hard time topping that. I hope they have the same great deal for other regions.

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

Awesome deal, indeed. If this came to Germany and I'd be able to upgrade without losing my launch day delivery, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I have Killzone on preorder and was planing to get a 2nd contoller eventually, so I'd get the eye and about 20 bucks for free. :) Wasn't planing to get the cam anytime soon, but in this case...hey! :)

@meldarion: We're not getting ripped of that much...in Europe, the 500,- € include taxes. In America, the taxes are added to the 500,- $ at purchase, afaik. Any of our American fellow pushsquarers maybe care to confirm this? Thanks, guys!

meldarion

meldarion said:

@Reverend_Skeeve Don't know about taxes. But I bought playstation stuff from the US over the internet and it is quite cheaper from there. The only reason why I still buy from european/Uk stores are cause it is quicker and do to warranty.

Another good example it the PS store. If you have a US account you would get games much cheaper from there then on the European store.... although I have to admit that European/UK PS+ deals tend to be better than the US ones

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

@medarion Agreed, we are still paying more due to unfavorable exchange rates and such. Bought a lot of stuff from the US or even Amazon UK because often it's a lot cheaper. Same with the PS store...mostly, the Dollar/Euro exchange rate is 1:1. But I guess that's just how it is. Nonetheless, I think we agree that the PS4 is still great value for money, even here. :)

Epic

Epic said:

They should make a bundle just like these one but with Infamous Second Son or Destiny.
I would prefer The Division bundle but Microsoft will get some extra content for that game so I don't think it might happen. T_T

Cloud7794

Cloud7794 said:

@Reverend_Skeeve Just to answer your question, yup those of us stateside add in taxes at purchase. Luckily, I live in Florida, which has no State Tax, though my county tax is 6.5% so this PS4 bundle would specifically be $532.50 in Orlando, FL.

OrbitScant

OrbitScant said:

I already got a pretty sweet bundle deal at Game. PS4, special edition copies of Killzone and Driveclub, 30 days PS+ and £20 credit off any other PS4 purchase.

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

I hope we get this in America. I would honestly forego one of the controllers for PS+.

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

That's a bada$$ bundle and I'm glad Sony isn't shying away from doing this so early on in the PS4 era, I miss the days when consoles were bundled with high quality games and accessories right from the start of a new gen.

KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON said:

Well for UK preorder folk, spoke to a guy I know who works for Game, where I have my preorder. He said that as new hardware bundles are announced, you will always have the option to change up to a different bundle as long as it wasn't available at the time you placed your preorder.

Cloud7794

Cloud7794 said:

@Reverend_Skeeve Ouch, that's pretty harsh o.o. Living in such a tourist trap, I already feel I'm overpaying for basic amenities, hate to imagine having to pay a 19% tax on top :/ Florida is one of the better states for that though, as most have a State tax + County Tax and sometimes City tax too. Here we only have county tax and maybe a few cities implement a separate tax.

DoublezZ01

DoublezZ01 said:

Wow dude everything in this bundle ive already bought!!!=,( Bunt that box art is SOOOOOO SWEEEEEET, I WOULD PUT THAT ON MY WAAALLL!!!!! if it came staeside i wounder if i could switch up!?

Cloud7794

Cloud7794 said:

@DoublezZ01 XP Glad I'm not the only 'murican on the site (I knew I'm not but wow someone even in the same state o.o). Add me on PSN if you feel like playing multiplayer, we should have a largely lag-free time :D

DoublezZ01

DoublezZ01 said:

Good timingv with the reply lol I just bought s yesr subscription to PS Store + lol... add me im Heero727

flummerfelt

flummerfelt said:

That is one sweet looking bundle. I've only recently gotten into the Killzone series, I picked up the HD collection.

I wonder if they will have any other bundles here in the US, maybe Final Fantasy or something.