PlayStation Vita Mega Pack Bundles Outrageous Value

Pick up an 8GB memory card with 10 free games

We all know that the price of the PlayStation Vita’s memory cards is an enormous issue, but Sony is attempting to offset the problem by launching a new line of 8GB cards bundling ten downloadable titles. Due out on 21st June in Europe for €39.99, the tempting Mega Pack includes an empty storage stick and a voucher for top rated games such as LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, WipEout 2048, Little Deviants, and more. Point your browser through here for the full rundown of software.

If you don’t already own a Vita, you’ll be able to buy all of the above alongside a Wi-Fi console for €249.99. That package is out now in parts of Europe, and will hit British store shelves on 28th June. This looks like a great option for kids, and is actually packing plenty of value – we haven’t done the math, but the bundled games must clock up to at least €59.99, if not more.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

Oke sony be smart and bundle

• Tear away
  • Killzone mercenary
  • Gravity rush
  • 8GB card

for $200 That thing will sell like hotcakes .
The average number of games adapted by ps vita owners is over 10+

fchinaski

fchinaski said:

Extremely tempting! But I wonder how much space those 10 games would consume.

@fchinaski A lot of it, if not all of it. However, you can easily swap the stuff around. If they're not going to drop the price of the cards, I think this is the next best thing.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

Cool deal. Anyone picking up a vita would be silly not to get that as well. Also, I wish I could download R&C Size Matters.

Epic

Epic said:

Desperate times require desperate measures.
Gotta give them all.

rjejr

rjejr said:

That bundle is $335 US (according to a really quick Google check). Even if it is $80 worth of games that's not exactly blowing me away.
$250 Vita + $20 8Gb + $80 games = $350.
That's a savings of $15. And 1 of the games is Hungry Giraffe.

$20 8GB card + 10 $80 games for $20 would be a great deal though, but that bundle would need to drop a lot. Like the 8GB card and the 10 games for the normal $249 Vita price.

OK, must be something wrong w/ my math, I'm stopping now.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

Dude, I thought it said 80 gb card! I was really, really excited. lol no thanks, I have those games : )

rjejr

rjejr said:

@get2sammyb - Yeah I know, thats why I stopped.

I'm thinking about getting a Vita, and giving my tablet to my kid, but I'm also thinking about a WiU and a PS4 and I only have money for 1.

Guess we'll see what happens when Black Friday rolls around :-)

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

@rjejr Choose ps4.. The wii U and vita are tanking at the moment. The ps4 is getting supported by 505 studios working on ps4 games ^^ You can always take a vita ( I expect much better bundels maybe tear away+killzone mercenary) and Wii U when in 2014 when the most awesome games comes out ( Monolith X game:D)

belmont

belmont said:

@Confused_Dude @get2sammyb Oh, for some reason I thought I was the only one in the world that loved the PSPgo (I have a black one)! VERY portable and I have all my favourite PSP games in it. I liked that I had all Final Fantasy, YS, Resident Evil, Metal Gear in a neat small device. In the end of the day not all AAA PSP titles were released in PSPgo/Vita (Where the hell is Crisis Core, Star Ocean, Castlevania and Silent Hill?) but the majority is there.

Some time after I got a second PSPgo (a white one) and I filled it with all Sega and Ninty emulators. Almost all work great and retro games look great on go's screen.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@Squiggle55: I just played through Size Matters on my Vita within the past month. It works just fine...you'll just have to download it on a PS3 or PC and transfer it over.

I'm not entirely certain that all these games will even FIT on that 8gig stick...either way, I think it's HORRIBLY insulting that they aren't doing this kind of deal with a 32 giger. I have enough content on my Vita that I had to start DELETING things to make room for more things on my 32 giger, so anything less is OBVIOUSLY crap. :/

NathanUC

NathanUC said:

Should have been at least 16gb = I think most of that will fit on 8gb though?

Once/if they fix the folders/icons relocating when you swap the sticks, this wouldn't be a bad second card :)

ErnisDy

ErnisDy said:

I was about to buy 5 3DS games, but after seeing this I'm thinking about finally getting vita.

kaisersalsek

kaisersalsek said:

I thought Frobisher Says and Ecolibrium were free anyway? I'd be annoyed if I thought I was paying for 10 games, and getting two which are free anyway. LBP and Wipeout are good though... then again, I got Wipeout for £5 at pretty much launch, through the Vodafone offer on the 3G vitas... hmm

EDIT: I'm dumb, just saw you get their DLC.

Good value if you haven't got LBP and Wipeout

JGMR

JGMR said:

Sorry, but I'd rather own my games (retail). Very few seem to be concerned about long-term preservation of games. Memory Cards wear out due to the read & write cycles. To a purist and collector like me this is of no value whatsoever.

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

@Confused_Dude @get2sammyb @belmont so much looooooove for the PsPgo :) I still carry mine everywhere with me for that Persona 3 n hatsune miku fun while commuting. I upgraded from a 1000 series and I find it to be much better. Especially the screen. Sure its a tad smaller but boy has the image quality n response time improved. My PsPgo is probably the one thing thats holding me back from getting a Vita just yet.

Im not one for digital versions of games, but that bundle is pretty darn tempting. Ill probably get one alongside a Vita

NathanUC

NathanUC said:

@JGMR While true, this also applies to game cards. They are just another form of memory to some extend and while the write cycle is a tad lower than with memory cards, they still share the same fate in time (a lot of time for both). To put things in prospective, when I bought my first PSP, I bought a 1gb memory stick pro duo (and it cost me over $100!). I still to this very day use that card on an almost daily basis and haven't had any issues since late 2005. I don't think this is a real concern at all.

For collectors, that is true.

JGMR

JGMR said:

@nathanuc1988 As far as I know, both Vita and 3DS cards contain solid state mask ROMs (y'know Read Only Memory) containing a separate flash module for writing information. The problem is mainly the idea of cells wearing out (because of overwriting), so when your mem card is wearing out over time and corrupting data, say 5 years you're also losing your library when "all-digital"... :)

NathanUC

NathanUC said:

@JGMR All types of memory (solid state/flash/physical) have limit to how often they can be read or written over. These numbers are so very high for these types of memory cards that it's such a moot point for game cards AND the memory cards. Maybe if a card was under max read or write for those 5 years, it MIGHT hit that limit... but I highly doubt any game under heavy use will hit it's memory limit before it's lost, broken, or some other type of electronic failure.

Final thought: Even if for some reason a memory card craps out, you can always redownload a game for 100% free even if it's no longer offered on the PSN (of course this is relying on the PSN still existing and offered any types of download at all). You lose/ruin a gamecard and it's gone forever.

JGMR

JGMR said:

@nathanuc1988 But the point I wanted to make is that ROMs are designed to endure for decades (yeah, they too degrade over time). My best friend already had a Memory Pak for his N64, failing because of continuous overwriting (which is again not ROM). I don't trust it as a sustainable medium, because it isn't designed to last for very long. And what happens when the machine is no longer being produced within a couple of years? I would still be able to enjoy my games which I have on my Vita Game Cards, while it wouldn't be certain in the case of a "digital collection".

Plus, I want to retailers to survive. Everything about DD-games is impersonal. I don't like it at all.

It's funny isn't it? Here we had a majority of gamers worrying about not owning their games pre-the-E3, and yet, they wouldn't mind DD-games, which is more or less the same problem or at least very similar.

ErnisDy

ErnisDy said:

@JGMR You always can redownload the game you have in digital format, while if it is disc or game card and you lost it you can't do anything about it.

JGMR

JGMR said:

@ErnisDy Services are no guarantee. And, I never lost a game during the last 23 years. Never will. I treat them with extreme care. ;)