Is PSN Offline? Yes, and the Scheduled Maintenance Doesn't Start Until Tomorrow

All services currently down

We know that Sony’s planning to run some Bank Holiday tests on the PlayStation Network, but the manufacturer’s servers appear to have come crashing down a day early. While status reports from the Japanese giant claim that its online platform is currently up and running, we can’t log in using any of our consoles in the UK – and it seems like a similar story is taking place around the globe.

There are some reports that a group called Lizard Squad have attempted a DDoS attack on the PSN, with League of Legends and Blizzard’s Battle.net servers also targeted. If that’s the case, it will probably take a few hours for the console maker to get things running properly again. Have you been affected by this unexpected outage? Scream and shout in the comments section below.

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more PlayStation Network updates.

Update #1: John Smedley from Sony Online Entertainment has confirmed that the Japanese giant's servers are being targeted by a "large scale DDoS attack". However, the good news is that the firm already appears to be dealing with the problem, as the PSN is coming back online for some as we write. Let us know if you're still having problems.

Update #2: While the PSN is back online for some across all systems, there are still a lot of people affected around the world. Sony has acknowledged this in a message on its official Twitter account: “Our engineers are aware of the issues and are working to resolve them. We'll keep you posted – sorry for the inconvenience.”

Update #3: There had been signs several hours ago that the PSN was returning to normal, however that hasn’t really materialised. Sony has now published an official statement on the PlayStation Blog, which we’ve replicated in full below:

Like other major networks around the world, the PlayStation Network and Sony Entertainment Network have been impacted by an attempt to overwhelm our network with artificially high traffic.

Although this has impacted your ability to access our network and enjoy our services, no personal information has been accessed.

We will continue to work towards fixing this issue and hope to have our services up and running as soon as possible.

We regret any inconvenience this may have caused.

Update #5: And the PSN is back online. Here's an official statement from Sony:

The PlayStation Network and Sony Entertainment Network are back online and people can now enjoy the services on their PlayStation devices.

The networks were taken offline due to a distributed denial of service attack. We have seen no evidence of any intrusion to the network and no evidence of any unauthorised access to users’ personal information.

In light of today’s issue, the networks will not undergo the regularly scheduled maintenance, which was planned for Monday, 25th August. We will provide an update shortly for when the maintenance will be rescheduled.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused by this issue. Thanks for your patience and support.

[via shacknews.com, vg247.com, neogaf.com]

TheMonkeyBongo

TheMonkeyBongo said:

Yep, can't get on at all. In fact, interestingly, I couldn't even log into the console initially without disconnecting the network cable. meh!

Ricardo

Ricardo said:

Here in Portugal i got the PSN down too, why this guys do this? They are punishing the players and not the companies.

shibbyduckegg

shibbyduckegg said:

I just hope I don't miss out on playing in the GTA Online Event Weekend. Was waiting until Sunday afternoon (now) to play it. :/

Looks like it's coming back up for people now. Do let me know if you're able to log back in. Still down for me... :(

Alpha

Alpha said:

@get2sammyb I can sign in right now, however i couldnt an 2 hours ago up until now. I thought it was my router or something, seeing how i have DISH.NET. I swear the Digital age is not ready for this generation, we should wait for more in the future where internet is everywhere and there is no Dial Up anymore. I cant get any internet but Satellite where i live, and it is horrible for gaming. the only other internet were i live is dial up. I Live in America btw, and you say it was an attack? definitly let us know anything more asap! Thank You Sammy!

John Smedley from SOE says it was a DDoS attack, which isn't really anything to worry about from a hacking perspective - it just basically overloads servers until everything goes offline. The good news is that it looks like the engineers are already solving the issue, as the PSN is back online now in some parts of the world.

banacheck

banacheck said:

Not that long back there was an article about how meny attacks Sony & Microsoft come under, if I remember correctly it's over a thousand attacks per day. It just shows that both Microsoft & Sony has the're work cut out for them, and Nintendo. Hopefully it'll back online soon, hopefully.

benrawr

benrawr said:

If they've got nothing better to do than spend loads of money on computing power to overload companies' servers for a few hours then they should just spend that money on making robot girlfriends. They're clearly never going to get a girl any other way

ShockeyRai

ShockeyRai said:

I'm currently logged in now.

Thanks to that DDoS attack, My console missed its automatic update for today, So i'm having to manually install The Sly Collection games i got early this morning just the downtime happened.

Goatsy

Goatsy said:

Literally got a notification about 5 mins ago saying PSN was under maintenance while I was playing TLOUR online

Shell189

Shell189 said:

@get2sammyb ps4s not working for me.. But ps3 is working for me and many others on my list.. Even the store is working.. has been on for me for about 2 hours. I'm from uk :)

naruball

naruball said:

I live in the UK. It was working for me 10 minutes ago and now it's not working again. Definitely not resolved yet.

Lucky_SouL

Lucky_SouL said:

I was able to sign-in on PS4 about 15 minutes ago, but can't play any games online or access the store. I'm in the US.

Shell189

Shell189 said:

I'm not holding my breath with the ps4 for a while.. Their servers are already poor let alone without something trying to overload it, I hold no hope lol. I'll just stick with ps3 for a bit

3Above

3Above said:

In Trinidad& Tobago psn is still down. This better not mess up my Infamous First Light preload...

ExaltedDemons

ExaltedDemons said:

I couldn't sign in when I went on it at 10:00 this morning (this being on my PS4) and then at 12:00 it told me that SEN was down for maintenance - still can't get on and when I try to, my PS4 freezes on me, so I'm giving it a little break for a moment. Only thing that annoyed me was that I was playing AC on it, completed a sequence when the network went down and the trophy didn't unlock. I can't seem to unlock other trophies when in maintenance mode either. :|

BigRich33

BigRich33 said:

I will say this much.. when it comes to Network Engineers Sony certainly knows how to pick them... Dang.. Get the Playstation Network Up already and stop falling asleep at the wheel.

Punished_Boss

Punished_Boss said:

PS Vita: "This service is currently undergoing maintenance" did it start early?
Web store: Can't sign into that.
PlayStation App is saying the same thing as vita.

hArDsTyLe2259

hArDsTyLe2259 said:

I only woke up about 11am and iv used all 3 of my ps3's to login to my psn account up till now cuse i finally found out what the problem is i hope i can login soon

wishmusic

wishmusic said:

Yup. Im in USA as well and the servers are down here to or so it seems. Cant log into PSN at all.

ms-bubbleliciou

ms-bubbleliciou said:

I am still not on either and I'm so annoyed I got my new game yesterday, finally a good game and this happens been trying for the last 3 hours just in hoping it comes back on but nothing and I'm in northern ireland

ms-bubbleliciou

ms-bubbleliciou said:

Just found lizard squad on twitter and they are bragging how long to keep this going!!! Might keep an eye on the page ;)

THIS_SITE_SUCKS

THIS_SITE_SUCKS said:

I don't know what's the bigger demand on the service now.. the DDoS attack or millions of users trying to log on to delete their credit card details.

xXtruthheracyXx

xXtruthheracyXx said:

Its is still offline for me, i initially thought is may have been due to my membership with unotelly, but i then completed my payments to find the server completely down. Any idea when the servers will be fully up and running? :(

Tabraiz_T

Tabraiz_T said:

Im i the UK and the server is down, just bought and downloaded battlefield last night :(

Batesy999

Batesy999 said:

I hate to admit it, but they do have a point. We are paying for these online services and sony should have protection against it. Maybe now they will actually put some of our money towards the services. I know I'd prefer it!!

meales

meales said:

My PS3 has been down in the UK for the last 4 hours. I tried rebootinmg the PS and my internet but nothing working. The website says maintenance tomorrow and the only thing to bring back my sanity is this great website...PS3 was about to be launched into Space!. I guess I'll chill now but best it's back on tonight...I need my CoD Ghost fix!!!! It's a bit of an odd decision to carry out maintenenance on a Bank Hol when I guess many people will be thrashing their PS???

@Batesy999 I'm not saying anyone's wrong, but with this kind of thing, there's not a lot you can do. It's the equivalent of throwing bricks through a shop's window.

Either way, the PSN's back up for me on the PS3 in the UK.

Marc

Marc said:

I'm glad I am not the only one experiencing this issue, thought I was going to have to buy a new PS4/PS3 lol.

MLGtoast

MLGtoast said:

I am able to log in as of 3pm, GMT. Seems to be functioning fine now in Ireland at least.

Batesy999

Batesy999 said:

@get2sammyb but someone has to fix that window. That's what I'm hoping for. It's about time they invested in our servers and not just their back pockets! Also my ps3s haven't gone down at all , it's the ps4 servers that are &£@& and need sorting! Hopefully that is what they're gonna do tomorrow.

@Batesy999 You're misunderstanding what is happening, I think. Someone is running code which sends millions of 'fake' requests to Sony's servers. Imagine you and 100 other people try to squeeze through a train door all at the same time - eventually someone will get locked out. That's what's happening here.

I'm absolutely not saying Sony is entirely innocent here, but these things are hard to defend against, hence why League of Legends was also affected by something similar overnight.

QTendra

QTendra said:

God this is annoying wanna play garden warfare and pre order first light and all I've been able to do is watch bojack horseman . @get2sammyb in south west england any idea when it should be up?

Demi_God

Demi_God said:

@Shell189 The servers are not poor. honestly, where does this garbage come from. unbelievable o.O

Anyway, if it is an attack, it's a good thing that Sony upped all that security and already is dealing/delt with the problem without our information being taken, so this is a good thing.

Lets remember now that this isn't Sony's fault if they are being attacked, it's the morons that are attacking the network that are the problem. I think Sony is innocent in this. If I were to be attacked, it isn't my fault, it's the @#$hole that is attacking me that is at fault. Now, before, that was partly Sony's fault because they had no security, but they do now.

I think it's some Xbox fanboys trying to bring down sony to decrease it's sales. lol

ms-bubbleliciou

ms-bubbleliciou said:

Ps3 was a bit iffy but I'm on and playing mw3 still a but leggy what to expect with Billy no mates clogging the servers

Batesy999

Batesy999 said:

I fully understand what's happening.. And I fully understand that sony should have protection against this... Which is possible btw. Maybe now they will :) half the time the ps4 can't even manage to load the friends list when it gets busy. Maybe soon they'll sort it!

Splat

Splat said:

@voodoo341 - I for one never put my credit card info on PSN. I always buy PSN cards when I buy something on the PS Store.

Dustykitten

Dustykitten said:

Hey im from USA does anyone know if the USA servers are up? I cant log in so im guessing no. help? its my birthday today

BvBUltrafan101

BvBUltrafan101 said:

Okay, so Sony has been hit with a DDoS. They're trying to fix it and by the looks of things they're doing well, but how do we know that once they've fixed the problem team "Lizard Squad" aren't going to over run them again???

Mossman6

Mossman6 said:

This is a joke its Sunday and I still cant get on I'm in the uk and can't even sign it

Batesy999

Batesy999 said:

The only time I see it being fixed is when the attack stops or possibly after maintenance tomorrow, maybe even longer now.

Paranoimia

Paranoimia said:

The irony of a hacking group saying that Sony should have protection against DDoS attacks while performing a DDoS attack. If tools like these would FOAD, there'd be no need.

They can give all the excuses they want - the only reason for things like this is that some sad little gobshites want their 15 minutes of 'fame'.

aussielord

aussielord said:

your right on that friend betya any cash that they are stupid freaking kids
that want to be noticed cause they cant get the attention of there parents lol

Giralda

Giralda said:

Here in Aruba we can not login ps4. The playstation 3 is working just fine. Does any one know how long this is gonna take????? Please?!!!! Its sunday!!

Dustykitten

Dustykitten said:

I don't expect anything. I just wanna play my games before freaking MONDAY guys wach it be down for 3 day or 2 weeks

tonyp1987

tonyp1987 said:

I'm glad I'm offline on my vita playing ratchet and clank 1 just doing the track glitch to get $1m bolts

xXtruthheracyXx

xXtruthheracyXx said:

I see where your coming from but a whole server with no protection against something as old and mere as DDOS we deserve some conpesation

Mossman6

Mossman6 said:

This is stupid ppl with no girlfriend or life has to sit there ruining ppls time off get a life and get urself laid n stop hacking just wana play some playstation just sad

Ritzousk

Ritzousk said:

Still down here 753am PST NW US. How can you be that good at hacking yet so ignorant as to how to solve a problem with a companies network sevices. How is a DDoS attack going to make sony improve their servers when there so busy spending money on protection from this?

Profoundbean

Profoundbean said:

Just checked ion ps website and servers are working but still Can't login either on my ps4 in uk

Dustykitten

Dustykitten said:

When the hell did this thing go under maintenance? man... @aussiedylz thanks but man I wanna play warframe I just got 50$ psn card I cant use itits just begging to be used sony if your reading this PLEASE HURRY UPPPPPP

BlazeinSnipe88

BlazeinSnipe88 said:

Still down I'm northern ireland . if I play game and do something to get trophies will it register or will I just not play game till it on as not be arsed going all way bak through game for couple trophies

Ritzousk

Ritzousk said:

As long as its up September 9th. Actually I'm surprised they attacked so randomly and not after the release of a new game.

Profoundbean

Profoundbean said:

Just tried to sign in and it said down for maintenance tried again and it said failed to connect to server anyone else having this problem

xMEADx

xMEADx said:

No luck here yet, been trying a few hours no every 10 mins or so :( just maintenance msg's, UK.

kidpresentable

kidpresentable said:

Lol these people that make these attacks need to realize that they are not helping the gamers they claim to be fighting for. These people are the ones ruining the gaming world. If they aren't shutting down service for everyone they are appearing on forums in mass trying to force games to change often times for the worst. Please if you have a problem with a product just don't use the product. Stop punishing other fellow gamers because your unhappy with Sony. I've always been happy with Sony products.

MrGr1m

MrGr1m said:

I was just able to login to Sony PlayStation network The time is 10:37 AM central time Kansas USA but I am not able to play Battlefield 4

JLClark79

JLClark79 said:

I'm eastern time usa. It's been offline awhile now can't even play warframe. Get it together psn!!

ms-bubbleliciou

ms-bubbleliciou said:

@Blazeinsnipe88 I am just down the road from you and just tried on the ps4 again a few times and no luck, i was on the ps3, accidentally knocked it off and now cant get back on but the ps3 took a few attempts

I can get on with the PS3 but not PS4, too. I guess that's a sign that service is being slowly restored.

Batesy999

Batesy999 said:

I'm pretty sure the attacker has been shut down! Should see stability improvement soon! :D

sixaxis

sixaxis said:

Southern uk, down and out !. You'd think they, sony, would make use of this to perform some of their maintenance.

ben2271

ben2271 said:

there was never hackers im in uk and im online on ghosts on ps4.. psn goes down for half a day and every one thinks psn has been hacked

BL_Donth

BL_Donth said:

Wow. Are people making new accounts just to complain here?

Topic: I just wanted to pre-load inFamous: First Light but it looks like I won't be able to do that today. Guess I'll be playing the WiiU for the next few days.

Relitop458

Relitop458 said:

Ah I wanted to use my kubrow! Should've matured around 10am and I haven't been able to use it :(
Oh and south west uk btw, still down for me.

ms-bubbleliciou

ms-bubbleliciou said:

@Relitop458 I am new too, pure chance i found this and seemed more solid info, was on googling if there was any "unscheduled" maintenance and couldn't find anything and my friend was on a twitter page and everyone mentioning about hacking, I then typed into google why can't I sign in (with the date) and this was the first thing that popped up and somebody from commented, I've been watching to see who gets on so I can try myself and been watching the little nerd who calls themselves the lizard squad on twitter hoping that he puts something up saying sony won lol

3Above

3Above said:

@BL_Donth Same here, iwas hoping to start the preload. Hopefully it will be back up by this evening. Till then ill be watching Gundam Wing Endless Waltz and then playi g Vita at work.

Lawandzaxo

Lawandzaxo said:

Guys i think we should just leave this until the hackers are gone cause if we even get in the hackers would be able to get our credit details sony must of logged us out so its harder for the hackers

Relitop458

Relitop458 said:

Yeah that's exactly what I did, and thought! And it is good also because there is people from all over the world.

lammie12

lammie12 said:

East midland uk logged into PS3 but not on to ps4 yet grrrrr wanna play warframe nooooow

Carl-G

Carl-G said:

I am just enjoying today playing games off-line :D Thank god I can still do that i suppose. Saying that the last time PSN went wrong i couldn't even play my off-line games which was worrying really :-/ Anyway back to the Brilliant Pure Pool :P

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

The amount of people here stating the PSN has been hacked have no idea what they are talking about. A DDos basically floods a server with bogus requests till the traffic overloads it. Nothing has been accessed. No information is at risk. If people are gonna complain, at least know what your complaining about.

odd69

odd69 said:

doesnt make those dumb arrogant a**holes anymore f***ing stupid, i hates psn and dumb hackers who have a hard on for sony.

resistance470

resistance470 said:

When it was down this morning I hated it but its had its pros as its give me a chance to get halfway through darksouls 2ng+ I'm now a better stronger souls geezer. So thanks to the hackers with no girlfreinds. Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Jacob40592

Jacob40592 said:

I can sign in and I'm in the UK but can't get into store or account management, f*** those sons of b*tches!😩😒😤😡😠

Language - get2sammyb

dj8503

dj8503 said:

Been out for 7 hours. PS4 won't sign in at all & PS3 will but can only play offline. Live in Midwest U.S.

resistance470

resistance470 said:

But seriously when's it back on i want to downloaf somat :-/ lol. And can british people stop sayn TBF or TBH at end of everything they write_? Its so anoyn

dj8503

dj8503 said:

Was working 9 hrs ago. Can't even play GTA Online or Battlefield 4 double xp weekend.

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

So many new accounts being made just to post on this article, while I'm just waiting it out playing Mario Kart 8.

Splat

Splat said:

I can sign in (US) but as soon as I get to the title screen of Diablo it kicks me off. :(

Jeremy-Hardt

Jeremy-Hardt said:

Any idea if this will be fixed in a couple of hours? I bought all my games online and I can't restore licences or activate my primary ps4. Really getting pissed since I've got to go back to work tomorrow. Any suggestions that can get my games to work?

MattChan

MattChan said:

@lizardsquad
Their Twitter account portrays them flying the ISIS flag.. congrats, with your noobie ddos you just landed yourself on the DHS list. TOR isnt as safe as you think lizzy.

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

Out of curiosity, did anyone get an email from Playstation about some type of playstation credit card?

MattChan

MattChan said:

@Dannyboy1996 its what an inexperienced hacking group uses to gain PR. A gray area in parts of the law and is considered more of a prank. Basically they are flooding the servers with requests, overwhelming and shutting them down.

BatmanTheOrphan

BatmanTheOrphan said:

Still down for me here in florida in the U.S. I can watch Doctor Who on Netflix, but i cant see my friends list. I just wanna play CoD! :(

tedydezner

tedydezner said:

I've been tying to go online with the game TLoU for a few hrs now. I keep getting an error message. "Cannot connect to the ticket server!" I live on the west coast of California, USA. I'm so glad that I finally got my Plat just yesterday! I have all the trophies for this game now! It took me months! But now I can't go online to play it anymore. I hope it gets fixed soon!

Tep

Tep said:

@askplaystation just keeps giving the same sh*tty generic response. I wouldn't even mind if Sony just gave a regular update. I mean even if they had to reboot the servers it shouldn't take this long. My guess is this bullsh*t will spill into the maintenance window and we won't so psn up till Tuesday.

I don't blame Sony for the cause but I sure as hell blame them for the crap response and crap communication.

Sort it out Sony!

Language - get2sammyb

eggydavis

eggydavis said:

Bloody hackers, first weekend I get with kids in bed n wife out. Ps4 nite :). Oh no wait some sad little gits with nowt else better to do than crash a gaming network spoil it. Go get a girlfriend or a life you sad little bleep!! Wish I could get my hands on them 😠

MW3WARR10R

MW3WARR10R said:

im on the ps3 right now and im trying to play FIFA 14, Ghosts, Black Ops 2. None work. im trying to but it keeps signing me out, anyone else live in Nova Scotia and could tell me if they can play?

dj8503

dj8503 said:

No timetable as to when it will be fixed. This isn't the first time this has happened. They could've prevented this.

MW3WARR10R

MW3WARR10R said:

i just get black ops 2 again and i cant even play. f*ck this! wish i still had my xbox one so i could play that in the meantime.

Language - get2sammyb

dj8503

dj8503 said:

Nope. PS3 will sign in just can't play anything online. Ps4 won't sign in at all. Not even gonna waste my time trying to play a game on it. In the mean time I'll just play some walking dead survival instinct.

dynasty889

dynasty889 said:

Someone said this on Twitter already, so I'll like to bring this up:

Doing this doesn't necessarily do a lot to Sony, it just causes massive inconvenience and frustration to the actual players trying to play their games but are unable to. So their 'message' to Sony is pretty much negatively effecting its players.

Fleetwood_Smack

Fleetwood_Smack said:

@UK I was playing Bat4 this morning about 11 am went out and returned about midday and its been down since. Can't stand hackers,

On another note why the heck were SONY planning UK bank holiday maintenance??

GuatemalanSushi

GuatemalanSushi said:

I live in Texas and I've been able to play online on Blacklight but if I try to get on the PSN store it still says it's down for maintenance. I've been trying on and off since about 10:30 AM and it's 1:22PM now. Is there any ETA on it yet?

dj8503

dj8503 said:

The government would rather spend money fighting wars we don't need to fight. Hackers aren't a big deal to them unless they hack them.

Tep

Tep said:

Again I understand that Sony are not to blame for the attack. However isn't anyone else wondering why it's taking them so long to bring them back from a simple dos attack? Blizzard etc. came back quick. I think they are using this to do maintenance or they have a bigger problem!

Makes no sense and comms are appalling

MW3WARR10R

MW3WARR10R said:

@dj8503 i cant even sign in on my ps3. wish i had a next gen for f*ck sakes. BUT at least i still got my PC MASTER RACE!! WOOH WOOOOH

Language - get2sammyb

SpicyPepper

SpicyPepper said:

I just wish Sony can sue them till bankrupt for lost of biz so there will be years of them not having $$$ to do something this unproductive. My wedding anv gift to my hubby is now ruined. :(

MW3WARR10R

MW3WARR10R said:

@Tep that makes total sense. even if they used this for maintenance why wouldnt they just say so? i dont think people would be as mad. but hopefully psn gets back on soon! im getting tired of waiting.

dj8503

dj8503 said:

@MW3WARR10R ps4 barely works. Most games take forever to start without being signed in. Wish my pc was built so I could play something online

dj8503

dj8503 said:

Nothing yet. Still trying to get the parts together. Takes awhile on a budget. All I had is the case. Corsair obsidian 650d

MW3WARR10R

MW3WARR10R said:

@dj8503 yeah, i have a LOW budget pc right now. that runs games okay, but im building a new one soon, hope for an i7-4770k and gtx760!

MW3WARR10R

MW3WARR10R said:

@dj8503 i need the extra CPU power due to rendering, uploading, editing, photoshop, etc. plus im thinking of putting the 760 in SLI with another.

Tyrox

Tyrox said:

This is bs. I wanna download some sh*t to my vita cuz my girl is playing the ps3. I have watched her play for 3 hours now. This sucks!

Motoxer

Motoxer said:

I can sign into PSN but it won't let me connect to any online sevices, no online multiplayer games work for me.

jazzonia

jazzonia said:

I'm still unable to log in on my PSN... It has been like that the last 10 hours.. :(

frostbite106

frostbite106 said:

I can sign into my account and see friends, but cannot get to store or play multiplayer. getting ticket server error.
here in california-USA 12:12pm

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

Jesus Christ you'd think someone had shot Obama, Hitler has come back to life or Man United are wasting £60m on a player they don't need (they are?). PSN is down. Accept it and move on with your lives. If your life is this badly affected by not being able to use a PlayStation you need to seriously reevaluate your life. Go outside, read a book, watch a classic film, maybe even try and get laid.

Spiritofvoodoo said:

Oh lizard squad...I'm afraid there are hackers much worse than you out there and it seems you've just put yourselves on their radar.
Also making fake bomb threats against airlines?! Really?! You just went from a bad joke to a major felony guys.

Madd_Hatter401

Madd_Hatter401 said:

@Tep Back thanks for the link, good read..

up for me here in New England a few of my friends are on.. i hope the lizard trolls get theres.

Spiritofvoodoo said:

@TrueNsPride Even if it wasn't them, they claimed responsibility and posted fake tweets warning PSN director of a bomb on his plane. That in itself, given the current political situation is a criminal offence. DDOS in itself is not a crime. It lies in the grey area of cyber crime, but bomb threats are...just check out the tweets, it's all they're with their #tag right above it. I'm only stating fact.

Alpha2797

Alpha2797 said:

I was playing Garden Warfare at around 2am PST when I was disconnected. I will try again later when I get a chance too.

runningman90

runningman90 said:

Sorry guys new to the next gen just tried to play the last of us and the disk just attempts to load up but nothing happens is this due to what's happening with the psn ? Or is there something wrong with my console? P.s I'm in England cheers

tedydezner

tedydezner said:

Whooo Hoo! FINALLY Back online! Again I said earlier I live in California, USA Now I can Play TLoU again MP THANX!

YourWifeNdKids

YourWifeNdKids said:

Feel bad for Sony and PSN
They get a lot of heat off this because of some losers, at least they're working on it they never wanted any of this.

still out in Ireland

BigDaddyT0101

BigDaddyT0101 said:

Taking a few hour break from trying to stay connected to psn, because im a genius and havent made my ps4 my primary, none of my games are playable atm. Its my own stupid fault for not doing that yet. Going to go outside, do some yard work, maybe swim, and hope its sorted out by the time my wife/kid hit the sack so i can continue my quest to 70.

Knux

Knux said:

Holy eff, look at all of these comments! :O

Doesn't really affect me since I was planning on playing on my Xbox One for the next few days, but Sony definitely needs better security.

Dreadcthulu

Dreadcthulu said:

Still down for Virginia, USA.
Facepalm was looking forward to using my new warframe...and ugh...my kubrow is suffering for this x.x

Dreadcthulu

Dreadcthulu said:

What are the chances sony will reimburse us? I doubt warframe will give me a free DNA stabilizer

YourWifeNdKids

YourWifeNdKids said:

I was planning on building Ignis today for my ember build...well at least finding the parts to build it lol

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

Holy hand grenades, this is the most comments I've seen on an article on here. I've never seen so much panic and outrage going on about something so mundane...play solo or go read a book or something. The attack is irritating and those who orchestrated it are collosal d*ck jugglers, but it's not like it's a major hack that's snatched bank details or anything.

Language - get2sammyb

Dreadcthulu

Dreadcthulu said:

I have to head to work soon, ugh I am going to be a gloomy mess for the next 5 hours! TO think of my poor kubrow....all alone in that ship v.v Its like my lost tamigachi all over again.

lindseyroby

lindseyroby said:

whats irratating is people who have subscriptions for mmo's and playstation plus are losing out on time that they paid for.

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

@MW3WARR10R The comments raging against Sony....because one of the 1000s of attacks got through....being 'done with Sony' and stuff, melodramatic over reactions.

Dreadcthulu

Dreadcthulu said:

Kubrow is the new battle pet in warframe....and still down. sigh I hope i don't end up writing a creepy pasta about the ghost of my dead kubrow

pretty-wasted

pretty-wasted said:

@Dustykitten it started working 5 min ago, I could sign on, but unable to play online or use the PlayStation store. But its back up and running again. Slowly but surely it's all coming back on.

Dustykitten

Dustykitten said:

still down in Florida... yo bro I have a 50$ psn card I just wanna use please sony if you are reading this hurry up please

chicopitbull81

chicopitbull81 said:

Is that what it means when t says cannot connect to the server within the time limit I just bought pvz last night and only played from a couple hr this sucks but Sony will fix it I'm in Pennsylvania

I know this is frustrating for everyone, but if we could try to keep the swearing down! Thank you!

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

@MW3WARR10R madness....amusing to watch/read tho...I feel there is a scientic study that could be made out of it. I'm curious how many people were not at all fussed about getting onto PSN until they couldn't have it.

Synthetic_Skin

Synthetic_Skin said:

I could care less about the store and all that. Just want to be able to play final fantasy 14 online and can't withouth PSN up.

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

@LDXD it's crazy....reminds me of the Adventure Time when all the f**king green penguins pop up out of nowhere and want to smash bottles.

kidpresentable

kidpresentable said:

Just wanted to let the lizard group know that I am still not mad at Sony and I'm still gonna have a great day! Smile everyone let's not let a small inconvenience get us down.these are just sad people wanting to make us just as sad as they are. Sony is a good company and they will fix this. We will all be able to game with our friends and family again. Regardless of a little sad group of lizard folk.

lindseyroby

lindseyroby said:

since theres ff14 people here i have a question about chocobo color. do you have to be online for the 6 hours for the color to change?

Dreadcthulu

Dreadcthulu said:

Still down in Virginia...by Odin's bloody eye...hopefully it'll get fixed when i come home from work.

mikey85

mikey85 said:

Good timing hackers.now i miss mad xp on gta,and killzone shadow fall and a late nights bank holiday online play.thanks very much

TheToxicAvenger

TheToxicAvenger said:

@lindseyroby as I am in reclusion, I certainly have developed a deep love for FFXIV. You do not have to be online for 6 hours. Simply feed your chocobo before you log out. Log in 6 hours later and his colour will be altered.

-Yours truly, Toxie.

kidpresentable

kidpresentable said:

tenzo

tenzo said:

gilgamesh here question on how long till they do that ninja update you think:)

Davros79

Davros79 said:

This is a disgrace, love my PS4 n all. But how come MS and Xboxlive never have this trouble?

Demi_God

Demi_God said:

Well, they can always trace this stuff and I doubt they covered all their tracks. I all I have to say to those responsible for this.....Don't drop the soap because gweedo will be right behind you. o.O

Davros79

Davros79 said:

@Naru259 yes but even when the ps3 an 360 were in their pomp, Xblive out performed psn even then, even with more xbs in circulation

lindseyroby

lindseyroby said:

thank you toxic avenger,just everyone in my free company ignores me. thanks for all your help :D

DigitalBite

DigitalBite said:

I just bought my ps4 today :c I cant make a psn account it just stays at please wait screen is this because psn is down does anyone know ?

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

Hmmm could this hit 500 posts...will it go on long enough? Who knows!? Ooooooh the excitement.

Davros79

Davros79 said:

If people are honest with themselves, then PSN is a phucking joke compared to its competitors.

It was tolerated on ps3 BUT we pay good money for the sevice now.

xMEADx

xMEADx said:

I'm using the browser on my PS4 to post this lol but I still can't connect to PSN is this the same for everyone?

H20_delirious

H20_delirious said:

Yeah that is true de did hack into xboxlive it sucked but I at least got to edit some vids for youtube

Thetrimark

Thetrimark said:

Im sick of ps3 PlayStation pluse getting gd gms, and ps4 owners getting slap in the face with indi gms. I have a ps3 n ps4 and really wish i have waited. One more though planetside 2 or destiny ?

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

@Davros79 it can still happen to them too. I see from your previous posts that you get rather excitable often tho so I'll leave you to it.

TheToxicAvenger

TheToxicAvenger said:

@lindseyroby if you do not want to leave your FC you could always join a linkshell! The linkshell I'm with has about 200 members and is incredibly active/helpful. I don't have the heart to leave my FC but you can be a member of multiple linkshells and they are essentially the same thing as an FC just without a company chest. If you're playing on the Malboro server I could request you to be added. Now back to the topic, I have been able to sign into my PS3 network and access the PS-store etc. but my PS4 network services are still down.

-Yours truly, Toxie.

Davros79

Davros79 said:

@Munkyknuts it has happened to them an they had the means to deal with it swiftly. Thats all im saying.

Dont be blinded by unwavering sony bias.

Furious_Rival

Furious_Rival said:

Lol, lets not forget people, PSN was also hacked back in 2010 (servers were down for close to a month) and back in 2012 (servers were down for 2 weeks 4 days) . Just saying it seems to be a recurring problem every 2 years, why can sony not figure out how to stop this from happening already? yes i understand some hackers are very good at what they do and can do some amazing sh*t, but with the amount of $ PSN makes , they cant get a program or make a "firewall" so to speak to protect us? and how are we sure that our information wasn't taken? look what happened to Target... i'm just saying i agree with people that say we deserve some Compensation. We are paying to play online, but still paying to not be able to play on line, what about people that play FFXIV? they have to pay to not play that as well (on PS). Thanks again Playstation for the major Disappointment. For you idiots that are "Defending" psn? stop talking. LOL

Language - get2sammyb

H20_delirious

H20_delirious said:

He'll I'm happy when I get new subs by the way if you like outlast i did a lets play on it so yah check that out

Furious_Rival

Furious_Rival said:

@Special_Donkey i agree with you. Annoying people that just trash talk thinking they know whats going on. typical, just wanting attention because they never received it as a child.

H20_delirious

H20_delirious said:

F*ck u I that's y it make money doing something I love unlike you who sleeps in ur moms basement eating Doritos

Language - get2sammyb

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

@Davros79 I don't have an unwavering bias towards Sony....as I said this can happen to Xbox as well, just because they have defended well so far doesn't mean they always will. I also don't go into rants about something as unimportant as this. If it was a hack that had put personal info at risk I'd care more. I couldn't give a damn about all the Xbox vs Sony stuff, and I have the perspective to see PSN being down isn't the end of the world, it's an irritation. But as I said you like to get all excitable on here...everyone needs a hobby.

H20_delirious

H20_delirious said:

Furious rival u don't know what ur talking about I was just telling u guys about my channel there's nothing wrong with that

Furious_Rival

Furious_Rival said:

H20, i never said there was anything wrong with it . lol, just saying that (your last comment) was about someone (i think you meant me) sits in my moms basement? lol unlike you (most likely) i work 2 jobs, at about 65 hours a weak just to make a living in this sh*tty economy.

Language - get2sammyb

Furious_Rival

Furious_Rival said:

@Munkynuts i agree with your comments. But as you can see people take things way out of proportion. i have both Xbox one and Ps4, and i love them both. to be honest, you cant compare them... Xbox has its ups and downs. So does sony, and Munky is right, Xbox could be hacked,,, probably will someday. But Xbox = Entertainment System, Ps4 = Gaming Console. if your in it for the GAMES, i recommend Ps4, if you in it for "oh i can watch TV, or i can talk to it, or i can skype..." I recommend Xbox. If your a gamer, Ps4 is the way to go. Hopefully this issue gets Resolved Soon.

Davros79

Davros79 said:

@Munkyknuts i have a both a job and also plenty of hobbies. I only tell my honest opinions, if you find what i say too "excitable" for your tastes then fine.

I'd rather be a tiger than a sheep=)

Davros79

Davros79 said:

Ps4 has much better upcoming games than xbox1 IMO.

But xblive whacks psn for functionality an accessabilty.

Furious_Rival

Furious_Rival said:

Well it looks like 1/4 of the population can play ps4 when others can not... I dont understand why that would be... Sony will have much explaining to do when this is over.

Coldice

Coldice said:

Hey @lindseyroby Im on Zalera and Im leader of FC no gutz no glory, were a very active and social fc who helps with beginners to end game play my character is Matt Coldasice if you are intrested look me up when this mess is solved

zakies

zakies said:

Hi guys new here but is the ps4 service still down for you guys too, Wisconsin here. My Vita was able to reconnect but my ps4 is still down :( cant even log in to psn for ffxiv, missing a whole day.

not-you

not-you said:

FFXIV is probaly the most addicting game ive ever played
get out before its to late

lindseyroby

lindseyroby said:

i was pretty skeptical about FFXIV because of the subscriptions, i played one day and i was totally sold. :D

Coldice

Coldice said:

@lindseyroby Hey dont know if you saw post but Im in Zalera and our FC is "no gutz no glory" like isaid we are a social and active FC who does help with beginners yo end game play and everything between, so if u want to not be ignored and more involve with game, whitch makes play way more enjoyable give me a whisper "Matt Coldasice" or just say hi Happy Hunting XD

zakies

zakies said:

anyone know if they still planning that Maintenance tommorrow, would suck seeing as people still cant get on psn today :(

Synthetic_Skin

Synthetic_Skin said:

My friend in TX was able to get on psn and logged in to FFXIV just fine. T9 clear has been pushed back '^_^' lizard may as well come poop in my microwave while they are at it.

zakies

zakies said:

Quahar I hope so, I would like to be able to get on my ps4 at least once on my off days :D

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

I can only imagine how annoying today has been for the Playstation division.
Anyway I've been able to get on periodically.

damcanadian

damcanadian said:

Seriously lets go Sony top brand and turns out your so weak where all the money going. This is bs I expect way better im really not feeling safe with your products im really thinking about stickin with microsoft

Quahar

Quahar said:

Damcanadian those hackers were the best in the world and sony gets hit with about 32 mil attacks a day his is the only one that succeeded so stfu

damcanadian

damcanadian said:

And there not the best the best dont play around with games they mess with banks money gourverment sh*t. U idiot

Language - get2sammyb

soracloud28

soracloud28 said:

@zakies thats where im at. Just want to play some games online with some pals. Any word from sony other than "you know what the problem is and we are trying to fix it" timeframes are something people kill for.

Demi_God

Demi_God said:

It's a DDoS attack, anyone can get hit by those. Lets keep it a bit real here, this isn't a movie. LOL Any bank in the world that is also online can get it, any company or coporation out in the world that is online can get it. Just keeping it real here people.

not-you

not-you said:

sure they do ps3 is back on why not ps4 they share the same severs dont they?

zakies

zakies said:

i hope they get it fix soon that last tweet was 4 hours ago nothing new so far :(

YourWifeNdKids

YourWifeNdKids said:

Friends list says people are play GTA online, time for me to check aaaaaaaand?!! unable to conect... wtf?

Spiritofvoodoo said:

Xbox live is going down, people still logged on are safe for the moment, but anyone who logs out is having same probs as psn...seems to be only certain regions at the moment according to tweets and such...this sucks

Nergal

Nergal said:

I'm afraid it will stay for longer than one day on ps4.... my vita is fine.

zakies

zakies said:

they should give out some sort of compensation at the rate this is going at

damcanadian

damcanadian said:

OK just got off the phone with Sony and due the series of reason they cant explain we should be up and running by 730 pm aug 25th. And again sorry for the inconvience

Nergal

Nergal said:

its just a few hours so far and I don't thing they will do any sort of compensation. at the end they will say it was just a maintenance

damcanadian

damcanadian said:

Anyway people I got told a time by Sony 730 pm eastern time aug 25th lets see if there telling the truth for now movie and bedtime them work then miracle timehave a good night

zakies

zakies said:

oh well :( was hoping to make good use of my off days guess we will see what happens

YourWifeNdKids

YourWifeNdKids said:

no its not up :( i wish i could play warframe -_- my only two days off this week and this happens today and maintenance tomorrow, just my luck

YourWifeNdKids

YourWifeNdKids said:

If you guys do play warframe add me on PSN, my psn is my name here
we can all get little pet bat/dogs and shoot things and laugh about all this

zakies

zakies said:

lol i wonder whats gonna happen with the flash sale they had this weekend

damcanadian

damcanadian said:

Just spent 50$ for 1000 platnum and this happens lol soon enoghf ill be all so powerful in my world lmao

Right, I'm afraid I'm out. It's bed time here in the UK, so any updates will need to wait until the morning. Hopefully you'll all be busy playing games by then. Feel free to continue discussing the situation, but remember to keep your language under control and respect other members.

Thank you! :)

Spiritofvoodoo said:

@Timmy21 From what I've read (I would post links if I could but on with mobile and won't post links for some reason) Sony are using this time for maintenance which may or may not be extended to 7:50pm GMT 25/08/14. From what I can gather, if they don't have servers back up by 3:00am GMT they will continue maintenance until that time. So I'm assuming that they are using this down time for maintenance too. None of this is set in stone but at least we have some info from Sony

SYKO-_-TURTLEZ

SYKO-_-TURTLEZ said:

I was suppose to do the mirage quest at 8 am then go to my dojo and get the silva and aegis blueprint at 2:10pm ugggggg

Adam17438

Adam17438 said:

getting Warframe as soon as psn is back up and running, if anyone is interested add me, currently have no friends other than wife lol

YourWifeNdKids

YourWifeNdKids said:

im only mastery rank like 3 :/ only got the game this week though, add me on warframe anyone who wants, im on most of the time and have a dojo key and all that, started playing ember recently but i have a lvl 30 Oberon, i like to play support :3 my name is this name here

Quahar

Quahar said:

I'm also looking for friends on warframe my psn is: universaltaser I'm rank 7 and I got a sunika kubrow

Timmy21

Timmy21 said:

@not-you no way. They wouldn't be down that long. 3 am easily. I'm able to load warframe but not log into warframe yet.

not-you

not-you said:

i was spamming the sign in button and got in

please watch the language -Tasuki-

Spiritofvoodoo said:

I seriously don't get it. I'm sure you all know what DDOS is by now (flooding the server with enough artificial traffic to overload it) and all that takes is a server reboot. I've been in computer programming for years and the only reason this could be going on for so long is every time they reboot servers they are being hit again. If that's the case this could go on for a while...basically until the beggar doing it gets caught/bored/or otherwise incapacitated by an over zealous/vigilante PS owner.

Timmy21

Timmy21 said:

I still have a lot to do in warframe but very very fun still even at mastery rank 9 lol.

Spiritofvoodoo said:

@Quahar I would gladly don my cape and tights...ahem! But the problem is that the attacker isn't stealing any data and to trace the original IP would take a team of people a few days if not weeks because they'll have basically bounced it around the world.
This would be classed as a sucker punch of the hacking world as it gains the hacker nothing and is relatively untraceable. The only eff up they made was a threat of bombing an American airline which takes it from a poor joke to a criminal offence, which is another reason this may be taking so long as Sony have probably had to involve the law and the best way to catch them is to let them keep doing it...unfortunately

Beowulf

Beowulf said:

I'm bout to take some pliers and jam it into my tv and take the tiny lock off diablo...

ss77

ss77 said:

Its been out in Queensland, Australia for 16 hours so far on PS4. None of the games purchased on PSN will allow you to play without login.

Spiritofvoodoo said:

A good indication of progress is in the error message you receive when trying to log on.
'Maintenance' - Sony have shut the server.
'Connection timed out/no error message' - the servers are online but full, meaning they're still under DDOS attack

Beowulf

Beowulf said:

I hope the kid that is doing this, gets a bat upside his head when his ps4 owner room-mate gets home

Spiritofvoodoo said:

@Beowulf some games like Diablo and possibly warframe create an online instance for you to play in, these types of games will unfortunately still be locked out. Best way to test it is to simply switch off your router and try. If still no luck then it's a strictly online game...even if the game only needs to communicates with the server for a second, it won't work

Spiritofvoodoo said:

@damcanadian watchdogs isn't classed as online because there is no online instance created, only during pvp sections of gameplay...those will be locked out. Some games aren't strictly online but require a server connection for leaderboards/trophies etc. as I said, best way to test is dis-connect and re-load

Spiritofvoodoo said:

There are some games that auto sign in even tho they don't need to be online. They're the ones that'll work again if you unplug

Spiritofvoodoo said:

It has been confirmed that the FBI are now involved because of the bomb threat. The DDOS' ers have stared attacking blizzard and battle.net again along with hassling random gamers on PC,PS and Xbox

Drama1406

Drama1406 said:

Im about to call sombody... These was $500 and i cant play a game...

Please watch the languae -Tasuki-

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

Still can't use the app, I assume that means it's still down in NA. PushSquare posters must be reproducing by budding, 630 comments is a feat

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

Ok guys time for a little warning, I know we are all upset about not being able to get online but please watch the language, This is a warning and if I have to edit anymore posts then there will be consequences.

Thanks for understanding :)

Spiritofvoodoo said:

Sony have stated that PSN is back online. They said it will be a slow process to get back to full capacity.
Hopefully we'll be back on soon guys. Think it'll be luck of the draw which regions go online first

Ask PlayStation tweeted the following message:

“Sony Network Ent. has reported that PSN service is returning, but you may experience slowness or login issues as the network stabilizes.”

Diddy_kong

Diddy_kong said:

Wow. 657 posts. Relax people. Sometimes the power goes out. It's inconvenient but eventually it comes back on. It's not the end of the world. Maybe try doing something else for the afternoon/evening? Jeez.

zerotheclown

zerotheclown said:

it hasn't come back on yet. i think they are rolling it out slowly, it isn't "switched on". i just tried and got the same issues as before. NC

zerotheclown

zerotheclown said:

@Quahar, there's no need for you to get hostile. if it's working for you, great. i'm reporting that it isn't working for me. and it looks like it's not working for a lot of other people still, too. if you are back online on yours, go play.

dgwdum

dgwdum said:

I'm in Texas and my ps3 is able to go online and play multiplayer, access psn, etc. But not my ps4 or vita.

Ask PlayStation tweeted the following message:

Spiritofvoodoo said:

Since xbox was hit, forums have turned from PS and XB users flaming each other into a kind of unified hatred for DDOS'ers...they temporarily stopped the console wars lol

Dreadcthulu

Dreadcthulu said:

Console wars? stares blankly at his ps4 and xbox one sitting side by side whose....whose winning?

AeroZeppelin

AeroZeppelin said:

674 PLUS COMMENTS?!! What is this Nintendo life?! all these comments over PSN being down ridiculous GET A LIFE PEOPLE!

TheToxicAvenger

TheToxicAvenger said:

If anyone in Ontario has PS4 network access let me know. Everyone I know in my area still can not access the PSN on PS4... Including myself... Missing out on FFXIV dailies haha.

-Yours truly, Toxie.

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

@TOMBOY25: Lol yeah I guess you can say that. I had to clean up a few posts nothing bad though. Mostly its new users posting who are not familiar with the rules most likely just around because PSN is offline.

crazykcarter

crazykcarter said:

My ps4 is up and running in Essex in the UK. Was annoyed but got to catch up on my pacific blu ray boxset yesterday lol

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

@Diddy_kong no point trying to be a voice of reason I'm afraid...I said pretty much the same thing back when this article was only at about 350 posts.

GHO5T-08-12-80

GHO5T-08-12-80 said:

Back up in scotland woop woop c'mon sony give us more protection from this yous shoulda learned your lesson in 2010 an again in 2014

lammie12

lammie12 said:

Is psn still going down today for maintenance also if we don't sign out will we still play on line

Sarwarhussain14

Sarwarhussain14 said:

@TheMonkeyBongo Sorry to complain but i have to say this Playstation network sony entertainment Earn Millions and they can't even get proper protection we are paying alot of money but they can't satisfy us even on GTA Online they said 1 year ago they will have heists but its now end of 2014 WHATS GOING ON

Sarwarhussain14

Sarwarhussain14 said:

Seriously they need to get proper protection and MAKE HEISTS ON GTA ONLINE COME QUICK PEOPLE ARE GETTING TIRED AND LEAVING NOT PLAYING ANYMORE EVEN IM GONNA LEAVE IF U DONT BRING HEISTS TO US SOON ON PS3

Punished_Boss

Punished_Boss said:

Have we slowed down? My god! 700 comments! My response to hitting 599. I was sleeping so who has the time to be dead accurate?

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

PSN is working fine here in NE England....hopefully everyone can stop acting like world wide doom and death is imminent.