Spec Ops: The Line Steps into the Fray on North American PlayStation Plus

Joe Danger 2: The Movie, The Cave, and more also up for grabs

Evidently weary of all of the complaining, whining, and general bad blood, Sony has decided to adapt the way that it discusses PlayStation Plus content in North America, opting for a full monthly rundown rather than a weekly update. There will still be regular PlayStation Blog posts detailing discounts and special offers, but all of the big Instant Game Collection updates for March have been outlined already.

And it’s certainly a bumper month, starting with the introduction of likeable tropical shooter Spec Ops: The Line. The third-person action game set in the sunbaked city of Dubai will be available from tomorrow when the PlayStation Store refreshes, alongside a 20 per cent discount on Bit.Trip Presents: Runner 2 – Future Legend of Rhythm Alien and various anniversary Vita savings.

The remainder of the month will usher in a wealth of goodies, including Joe Danger 2: The Movie, Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention, The Cave, and Tekken 6 on PSP. There’s no firm date for any of the aforementioned content, but rest assured that it will all be available for free at some point in March. Judging by the PlayStation Blog comments, it seems like subscribers are finally satisfied. But are you? Let us know in the comments section and poll below.

Which PS Plus title are you most looking forward to in March? (22 votes)

Spec Ops: The Line

32%

Joe Danger 2: The Movie

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

36%

The Cave

Tekken 6

23%

Please login to vote in this poll.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

Splat

Splat said:

This is the best update in a long time!

I have been asking for monthly updates instead of weekly ever since I signed up for PS+. On top of that Spec Ops: The Line and The Cave. I can't speak for everyone but I for one am happy. :)

hamispink

hamispink said:

This is a great update. I'm mostly just interested in Spec ops, but i'll play some Tekken and The Cave. I also can't wait to pick up Runner 2 tomorrow. I'm outrageously excited for that game! :)

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

This update completely blew me away. Never did I expect Disgaea 3 to be free, especially so soon. And the cave and Tekken 6 as well. Just incredible quality and a wide range of genres as well.

DevilMayDante

DevilMayDante said:

Bought Spec Ops the Line for 360, great game. Will download and play it again on PS3 :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

NathanUC

NathanUC said:

phew. I almost just bought Spec Ops. I didn't like The Cave very much but it will be nice to have for free on PS3.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

@belmont @Squiggle55 yeah, Tekken is one of those games you can play for a single fight or sit and practice for hours. I've only played 6 arcade a few times (owned Tag Tourny PS2). Cave and Disgea are super popular, at least, and folks like Spec ops too. It's like an apology...
: )

rjejr

rjejr said:

This was a good update. I had the 1 yr. PS+ card in my hand in GS yesterday but bought Metroid Other M for $3.59 instead. I guess at this point it would take something really drastic for me to renew. (Last time I renewed Target mistakenly sold 1 yr. cards for $17.)

bauckster

bauckster said:

I like this update too. Spec Ops and The Cave are the titles I'm most excited about. Joe Danger 2 will be fun also. And I may not be able to resist picking up the discounted Bit Trip Runner 2. I adored (and occasionally hated) the first Bit Trip Runner for Wii.