Weirdness: Nintendo's Better at Promoting the Vita Than Sony

Well, someone needs to do a decent job

We all drop the odd clanger from time to time – Watch Dogs footage, anyone? – but its better when a giant corporation does it. Indeed, this latest hiccup by Nintendo is especially humorous – as it’s somehow managed to post a PlayStation Vita video while attempting to promote our sister site Nintendo Life’s latest eShop favourites. Not even J.K. Rowling could dream this up.

The erroneous tweet has since been removed, but we can’t help but giggle at the fact that Satoru Iwata’s army has now done more to promote Sony’s revised handheld in Europe than the Japanese giant has itself. Seriously, that system launched with barely a whisper – we’d almost forgotten about it until we saw this amusing message. Nintendo does what PlayStation don’t?

[via gonintendo.com]

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

First time Nintendo has done a better job at marketing than Sony since the first couple years of the Wii.

I'd go with a, "what's a Vita?" joke, but why bother. Sony can't even answer the question.

ReigningSemtex

ReigningSemtex said:

Nintendo was just showing the vita some love i dont think they consider it a threat to the 3ds at this point ;)

3rdEyeMind

3rdEyeMind said:

The Vita is the best gaming kit around for me right now. By far the best hand-held i have ever seen.

DHW

DHW said:

The PS Vita doesn't have any slogans. PS4 doesn't either but it also doesn't need one.
PSP had 'Dude get your own' which was at least something.
How about 'Viva la Vita' or something.

Also, PSP had a new MediEvil game. Step up your game, PS Vita.

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

@get2sammyb When I saw this story earlier today I was hoping PushSquare would pick up on the irony of it and post a "Nintendo's Better at Promoting Vita then Sony" type of comment/headline! Good job!

Nintendoes what Sony don't!

Kage_88

Kage_88 said:

LOL, nice job Ninty.

They took the video down. I guess it was just 'make.believe'.

...I'll go now.

@DHW I think they had 'The Best Place to Play' or something like that. You're right, though, not especially memorable. There was an American one, too, but I can't for the life of me think what it was. Greatness Awaits and For the Players have been much more successful.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I think Nintendo has been so busy promoting MK8 alongside the Wii U lately - something they failed to do Wii U's first 18 months on the market - that they just got carried away and couldn't help themselves from promoting the Vita as well.

Maybe Vita needs a race car.

seeafish

seeafish said:

@get2sammyb I think they should have a slogan called Vita Guererra and post a picture of the almost similarly named model. Should up sales amongst males at least....

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

@ErnisDy Two problems. First of all, "good games" is entirely subjective to the audience. For example, I don't think PS4 has any good games. Second, that would make sense if the Vita were selling like crazy, but it's not.