Could You Be Getting Two Free PS4 Titles Next Month?

PlayStation Plus' evergreen games appear to be rotating

Those of you with epic memories will recall that Sony launched the Instant Game Collection at E3 a couple of years ago. Back then – when it was only compatible with the PlayStation 3 – the platform holder revealed that the PlayStation Plus-based service would consist of a trio of ‘evergreen’ titles, in addition to a rotating catalogue. The former category has comprised of first-party favourites such as Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception and LittleBigPlanet Karting in the past – and it looks like it’s poised to be refreshed next month.

This means that you should have a larger selection of PlayStation 3 software to bust your bandwidth with when June’s update drops in the coming weeks, but there may be even more to get you excited while you wait. An eagle eyed Reddit user has spotted that both Stick It to the Man and Resogun are set to leave the Instant Game Collection in North America next week, meaning that you may get two free PlayStation 4 titles with the next major update. It’s not entirely clear whether this will apply in Europe, as Housemarque’s shooter was removed from the free selection a while ago overseas.

Nevertheless, this teensy tidbit has prompted subscribers to pontificate as to whether we may finally see a retail title added to the premium package. Popular candidates include Knack and Killzone: Shadow Fall, though with the latter still selling fairly well globally, we’d recommend tempering your hopes for that. In fact, this is all speculation for the time being, so it’s best to go into the latest update with your expectations low. Still, a further two free games would be quite the return on investment, don’t you think?

[via blog.us.playstation.com, reddit.com]

Mrskinner

Mrskinner said:

I can see knack probably being the first AAA game given away due to the way the price is crashing on it. Personally I thought the game was very poor and the lip syncing of the cut scenes was appalling

dudeware

dudeware said:

Yeah two of the worst games on PS4 right now lol hated both knack and killzone. Literally the worst.

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

@dudeware Killzone is awesome, people need to stop bashing that game. Yes, the shooting is diffirent than the previous game and the story is not as strong as some of the previous games ( Which weren't strong in the first place) but it's enjoyable ( played the game at a friend for 10 hours straight)

adf86

adf86 said:

Could be more likely that Binding of isaac & secret ponchos will be added since they were announced as plus titles last year.

Punished_Boss_84

Punished_Boss_84 said:

@dudeware And yet they both sold extremely well, which really showcases it all.

@Sanquine
Killzone 2 , Mercenary, Liberation and to an lesser extent Killzone 3 owns Shadow Fall. Story wasn't strong? I'll give you Killzone 1, Killzone 3 (maybe) but Killzone 2? Please.

PS Plus: Should save it for the E3 (anniversary) announcement, but i suppose people wouldn't jump up and down over Knack :D

sajoey

sajoey said:

Me and dad have always theorized that Knack would be a Plus freebie at some point or another.

imtom2002

imtom2002 said:

@dudeware what was wrong with killzone? I thought the shooting was pretty solid and the multiplayer was alot more entertaining than call of duty, the support the dev is showing for it aswel listening to feedback has been great. Isnt battlefield still broken?

dudeware

dudeware said:

@Sanquine well that's your opinion and I respect that entirely. The reason why I didn't like killzone was for it's endless shooter halls and waves of pointless enemies to give the player some sense of excitement but I really it only made me feel quite bored. The first 10 minutes were quite fun. After that it got less interesting till the end.

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

If a big title goes onto PS4 I'd say it would be knack....it will be interesting to find out. I'd try knack if it were on PS+ but nothing about it ever made me want to buy it.

Dohv

Dohv said:

Yes I can see Sony offering Knack. But I'm pretty sure it will be some indie.

Next month MS is giving us Halo Spartan Assault and Max Curser of Blood for XB1.

dudeware

dudeware said:

@imtom2002 read my reply to sanquine. Also I only played a couple games of the multiplayer, it didn't really peak my interest to get me to stay.

imtom2002

imtom2002 said:

@dudeware fair enough thats your opinion, I do think with the amount of games actually available on the ps4 at the moment sony arent going to win with ps plus right now. People want AAA and its still to soon for them to give away those sorts of games. Some more discounts might be an option.

jayclayx

jayclayx said:

@dudeware you must be dope dude, killzone is much better than many games right out there, if you think cod and bf is better than it then here I finish my conversation with you.

ohhaime

ohhaime said:

I've thought Knack would be a sure thing for the first PS4 E3 refresh since before it was released.

I also think there is a good chance for Vita to get Tearaway and KZ:mercenary to replace Gravity rush and Uncharted.

daveh30

daveh30 said:

Already played KZ and wasn't a fan, so I hope its not that one. Knack I've actually been wanting to play, but I've been a little trigger shy on buying that one... partially because of the bad reviews, mostly because I do believe it will be on PS+ eventually.

kingbutch

kingbutch said:

Those would be sweet if true both are very well made with a ton of support from killzone

KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON said:

Given the sheer amount of post release support Guerilla is throwing at Killzone, I'd be surprised if it became free any time soon. I would expect Knack to hit IGC given its retail value at the moment.

The_Gremlin

The_Gremlin said:

I borrowed Knack off a friend and enjoyed playing through it although I probably wouldn't play through it again. But I always said it would be the 1st AAA ps+ game. Would like to see Rayman, AC4 or Injustice Ps4 Version personally as already got Kill zone.

KAPADO

KAPADO said:

@dudeware its beyond me how someone Can play Killzone shadow fall and call it a bad game.

But I must say guerilla itself is keeping this game from reaching its true potential with its Stubborn archaic thinking.Just add an XP progretion system and more weapons.

fit6958Staff

fit6958 said:

To be honest I recon we will get another great indie game! There are plenty for Sony to choose from, secret ponchos, binding of Isaac, hotline Miami, just to name a few. When Sony does decide to give out Triple A titles on PS Plus we will get the likes of Knack, Killzone and Rayman but for now people should be greatful for the games they are receiving and glad they aren't receiving PS1 titles which Microsoft seem to be happily giving their fans the equivalent!

Punished_Boss_84

Punished_Boss_84 said:

Oh my this thread took a turn for the worst.

@Sanquine As irrelevant as the majority of his/her post is, he or she is not wrong even if it is delivered bluntly.

Edit: I'm not crazy you're crazy!

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

Of course 2 PS4 games in one month could happen, and it will happen eventually, but games exiting the IGC has absolutely nothing to do with it. This is the same faulty logic that makes people complain that a AAA game leaves the IGC and isn't replaced with a AAA game the same week. WHEN a game leaves the collection affects subscribers in no way. I don't care if resogun leaves next month or 2 years from now, I already have it now. My point is that simply bc 2 PS4 games leave does not mean we are "owed" 2, bc they aren't taking anything away from us.

iSolipsistJudas

iSolipsistJudas said:

I wouldn't mind giving Knack a try if it's a PS Plus game...I do not think it's worth buying a full price so this will be worth an amazing go at the game to get my own opinion of how good or not it is...

jeccross

jeccross said:

Plus games are supposed to have a metascore of 70+. Knack is only just over 50.

Rapidaz

Rapidaz said:

Cod ghost and assassins black flag,injustice,rayman,NFS,FIFA that will do 😜

kensredemption

kensredemption said:

If Knack was free, I'd get PS+. There was no way I was going to platinum it within a week renting it from GameFly.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

@imtom2002 That's my problem with all the Killzone games. Once the early excitement dies down you realise they're just boringly repetitive but pretty games.

@jeccross That rule hasn't stood for a year or two now. They changed it with the Vita as with it there was not enough games to put up on the service.

dynasty889

dynasty889 said:

As people have said also, I do have a feeling that Knack would be the first big title on PS+. I have Knack already and for me it's a really fun game and you guys should try it! If Killzone: SF did go on PS+ before though, that would be nice... but highly unlikely.

10BEARS

10BEARS said:

Did anyone get killzone free this month, I got two options on ps store download for £59 or free, I chose free and now I have the game and that was last weekend.

BertoFlyingFox

BertoFlyingFox said:

I still think it'll be more indie titles. Knack could be the next, I wouldnt jump on it but I'm sure there are plenty of PS4 owners who'd love to pick it up from the IGC.

BetweenTheTrees

BetweenTheTrees said:

I myself did not enjoy killzone. it seemed generic. I bought it with my ps4, but I do remember thinking about how good it looked. and it did. but it wasn't my kind of game at all.