PS4 Exclusive inFAMOUS: Second Son Will 'Blow You Away', Says Tretton

Fire fighter

It’s probably fair to say that inFAMOUS: Second Son is the most anticipated PlayStation 4 title at the moment. Sucker Punch’s smoky superhero excursion not only looks the part, but it appears to maintain the slick traversal and varied combat of its predecessors. And according to SCEA boss Jack Tretton, the upcoming next generation release will blow you away.

“I’m extremely excited about Second Son,” he said on the latest episode of the PlayStation Blogcast. “I think that inFAMOUS is just a great franchise. It’s really going to blow people away in terms of what it can do on the PS4.” The executive also spent a moment talking about Uncharted PS4 and Destiny, noting that both games are going to be incredible.

You’ll be taking control of Delsin Rowe from 21st March, while Bungie’s ambitious first-person shooter will follow on 9th September. There’s no word on when Nathan Drake’s next adventure will deploy, but Naughty Dog has been hinting that it has a huge year ahead of it. All we want for Christmas 2014 is an evening with Elena and Chloe.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

k_andersenStaff

k_andersen said:

I'm honestly so excited for Second Son. Unlike most games, it's looking better and better the more I see of it. I'm a huge fan of games in which it's fun to just run around the world, like Infamous 2 and Gravity Rush.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

At this point, I'm inclined to believe anything Jack says, especially since I already knew Second Son is going to be mind-blowing. Playing GTA has made me remember why I love open world games and I'm evenmmore excited because of all the cool ways I'll be able to explore the city as Delsin.

Speaking of Delsin, I'm really curious as to what other abilities he'll obtain throughout the game. Sucker Punch seems to be going for an unorthodox powerset based on the powers we know he'll have, so it's near impossible to predict the other powers he'll absorb.

fchinaski

fchinaski said:

This is really an excting time to be a fan of open world games, which sadly is not my case — i tend to lose interest if I don't have a fixed A to B kind of storyline (with unintrusive sidequests) broken down in segments. It has someting to do with beign an old gamer raised on level beating mentality i guess.

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

@fchinaski You can play Infamous like linear game, if you want.

Eh, very exited about Second Son =).Infamous 1-2 were one of my favourites on PS3. Just need to buy bloody PS4.

ReigningSemtex

ReigningSemtex said:

I always forget about infamous when I think about playstation exclusives but I really enjoyed the first infamous game I will definitely be picking this up day one

Epic

Epic said:

My main reason for even considering getting a PS4.
It'll be my first ever PS4 game unless something even more sick is along the way.

Itachi

Itachi said:

I think this will be the 1st true AAA next gen game to come out. Kill Zone was okay but Infamous is looking to really get the ball rolling. When you think about what the Infamous 1 and 2 attempted to achieve it seems it was only limited to the power restraints of PS3 but still came pretty close. now with PS4 it seems like Infamous Second Son has unlimited potential. Another game I'd like to see made even though some felt it was a disappointment is a new Prototype game for PS4. Heck I would piss my pants if Konami made a new Zone of Enders for PS4.

RisefromAshes

RisefromAshes said:

It'll blow me and everyone away in terms of it's visuals and open world level design. But, will it have a great story and narrative?

I think I'll pick this up on PS+ just to be safe than sorry. XD. LOL.

drumsandperc92

drumsandperc92 said:

I'm going to bet 2014 is going to be huge!
DriveClub (finally) in February, Second Son in March, Watch_Dogs in the spring i imagine, E3 to Hype us up again in June, there's got to be a big summer release of something (maybe indie games, I want Rime! but idk about that) Destiny in September, maybe the Order in October or november? Plus AC5 will definitely be coming out in November, and maybe Uncharted PS4 in December?
PLUS MGSV & the Witcher 3 also being released in 2014 (i'm forgetting dates). And did they confirm yet that Dark Souls II is coming to PS4?
Christ, if that were the case, 2014 would be one of the most phenomenal (-ly expensive) year for gaming ever!

RisefromAshes

RisefromAshes said:

@SuperSilverback

They were good games. The gameplay was what was awesome about them. The story, narrative and character development were put on the backburner.

If I remember correctly, Infamous (the first game) didn't even have in-game cutscenes. They were cartoon drawn scenes similar to that of, say, Batman Arkham: Blackgate on the PS Vita. I thought it was a glaring flaw because I lost interest in the story.

BlueProxy

BlueProxy said:

Looking forward to it, since i had a good time with the first two. Really hope theres a skin, or outfit change for the main character though. That hat is already bugging me. LOL. Won't effect the game play though, but do we really have to stair at it the whole game, in the middle of summer?

RisefromAshes

RisefromAshes said:

@SuperSilverback

Sly Cooper is a "cartoony" game. No one is going to complain about the cartoon style cutscenes in it.

But, when you have a full blown AAA open world rpg type game like Infamous then it's unacceptable to have cartoon drawn cut scenes. That's a copout. How can you feel interested in the story when one minute you're looking at a fully rendered 3D open world and then the next you're watching a cartoon style cutscene?

Mind you. Infamous 2 changed it. Still, I'm not convinced Infamous: Second Son will have a great story. I'm sure the gameplay, open world, graphics etc will be awesome. The story of the franchise hasn't been that great.

Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

@RisefromAshes The first inFamous has a good story if you ask me, the end impressed me especially, that was quite the twist, it really made the villain an interesting one that was hard to hate. The hand-drawn cutscenes were just a style of story telling that I thought worked well for the game. I haven't played inFamous 2 so I can't comment on that game.

divinelite

divinelite said:

Havent play infamous but I sure place my hope to this game. If I can get ps4 at least I will get assassin creed 4 tomb rider definitive and this as first three game

Dodoo

Dodoo said:

This is the game that's gonna sell me on PS4 come March and the Infamous bundle... Yay!

banacheck

banacheck said:

Infamous 2 graphics compared too infamous, was down to Uncharted. Naughty Dog helped Sucker Punch with the graphics of infamous 2, not in person it was done over the phone giving them tips etc. I'm looking forwards to Second Son, well looking forwards to games this gen. The games are going to be good now but give it a year or two, and then that'll ret start blowing you away.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Everything's "mind-blowing" now lol. Third time I've heard a statement in the last week saying such and such will blow my mind. I'll be the judge of that thank you.