PS Plus Subscribers Secure Free Copy of Batman: Arkham City

The Dark Knight headlines another epic month

We’re not even going to waste our time trying to come up with superlatives to describe next month’s European PlayStation Plus update, because we reckon that the line-up will do the talking for us. From 5th December, premium members will be able to download Rocksteady’s excellent Batman: Arkham City free of charge. Subscribers will also secure the critically acclaimed puzzle platformer Limbo, and Shinji Mikami’s stunning Vanquish.

Over on PlayStation Vita, members will scoop up complimentary copies of Mortal Kombat, Knytt Underground, and Big Sky Infinity before Christmas. The latter two titles will support cross-buy, so will be fully playable on both platforms.

It’s worth noting that in order to make room for the new arrivals, a handful of titles will be leaving the Instant Game Collection. If you still haven’t added Crysis 2, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Double Dragon Neon, Chronovolt, and Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack to your download list, then you should rectify that as soon as possible.

Feel free to freak out in the comments section below.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

tulaib_100

tulaib_100 said:

why i subscribed tooooooooooooooooooooooo usa account !!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man we will probably get 1 full game which wont even appeal to us and two mediocre psn games :(

RawShark

RawShark said:

I would have thought anyone who wanted to play Arkham City would have done so already, but no doubting this is a great line up! I have AC and Vanquish (although I STILL haven't gotten round to even taking the Vanquish disc out of its box) but have been wanting to play Limbo for ages but never picked it up, so I'm happy with that. And Mortal Kombat has had a great write up - looking forward to some good old gory 2D fighting on the go. Might bring up some memories of the first Mortal Kombat I had on my Game Gear :D

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

Hopefully we get something like this in the US.

I was thinking - do you think getting Batman could have anything to do with the Wii U launch?

Dambuster

Dambuster said:

I've only been a ps plus member for a few weeks, am I right in thinking as long as a game is on your download list you can play for ever even if game goes of IGC, I don't have to download to console to keep?

rjejr

rjejr said:

For the love of god man would it kill you to add 2 letters to the title - EU. Like this:

PS Plus "EU" Subscribers Secure Free Copy of Batman: Arkham City

or this:

EU PS Plus Subscribers Secure Free Copy of Batman: Arkham City

I mean, I know it's not your fault that the US PS+ service is the left for dead stepchild compared to the EU - I'm still waiting for Motorstorm Apocalypse and RDR - but you're rubbing salt in the wounds.

ohhaime

ohhaime said:

That's great for anyone in EU that hasn't played Arkham City yet. That's actually the game that got me to buy a PS3, I didn't want to wait a month for the PC release so I went out and bought a PS3.

If any of these makes it over to NA I hope it's Knytt,I loved the PC game but I'm in "Spend no Money" mode until I can afford a Wii U so Plus is going to be my only source of new games for a while.

irken004

irken004 said:

Anyone who hasn't played Arkham CIty yet needs to slap themselves immediately. It's amaaazing.

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

Yes, that is crazy good.

But what I don't like about the service (if I understand correctly) is that you can only play the games you get on special while you are a member. Is that true?

If you cancel your subscription later, you can no longer play any of the games you downloaded. Or have I misunderstood?

ohhaime

ohhaime said:

@Ginkgo
The games you get for free can only be played while you are a member. Games you buy at a discount are yours to keep.

hamispink

hamispink said:

I'm with Rjejr, I'd appreciate if the headline specified whether it's EU or US, though I've come to expect that If the deal is too good to be true, then it's a EU deal :D.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

What?!

I just cancelled my GameFly and renewed my PS+ subscription, because of the Vita being added into the equation. This just keeps getting better and better.

Excuse me while I'm off to play more inFAMOUS 2.