BioShock Infinite Flies Free in Enormous NA PS Plus Update

DmC: Devil May Cry, Smart As, and more up for grabs

There’s no rest for the wicked, as Sony has decided to keep us away from our bad food binge by announcing January’s batch of North American PlayStation Plus content. You may want to clear your mouth of chocolates before reading on, too, because the platform holder has got some seriously sweet treats in store for you over the coming weeks.

The headline addition for the month is undoubtedly Ken Levine’s master opus BioShock: Infinite, which will be available for free at some point throughout the first month of 2014. It’ll be joined by Ninja Theory’s likeable character action reboot DmC: Devil May Cry and indie smash Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

Over on the PlayStation Vita, freebies will include PSP title Worms: Battle Islands and Brain Training-esque headache-‘em-up Smart As. Meanwhile, those lucky enough to own a PlayStation 4 will obtain Klei Entertainment’s survival simulator Don’t Starve without charge. You’ll receive the next generation release next week, while the rest of the lineup will be made available throughout the rest of the month.

It’s another beefy buffet with lots to look forward to, but we’re interested to know what you’re most eager to feast on from this array. As always, let us know your highlights in the comments section and poll below. And while you’re busy with that, we’re just going to go and raid the candy cupboard. Again.

Which PS Plus title are you most looking forward to in January? (52 votes)

Don't Starve

15%

DmC: Devil May Cry

12%

BioShock Infinite

56%

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

10%

Worms: Battle Islands

Smart As

Please login to vote in this poll.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

AD-80

AD-80 said:

This is why I will gladly pay $50 a year for PS Plus. Bioshock Infinite, are you serious right now, ERMAGAHD!!! Best present from Sony for the holidays. Also Don't Starve for my PS4? Can't beat these deals.

delukze

delukze said:

This is great! I already have Brothers but been wanting to play BioShock Infinite!!

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

Sweet, I wish PS4 was getting more PS Plus games though, there was nothing in December and now only one in January. I'm Definitley looking forward to playing Don't Starve though.

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

Great month. Although, if there was a blemish, I'm not excited about any of the ps vita games. The rest is excellent though. I don't own any of these, although I've played and loved infinite!

uchinakagema

uchinakagema said:

Man I am just sad that I don't personally own a PS3 but I do own a PS4. When Black Friday rolled around and they were sell a year of PS Plus for $30, I bought 2 years worth for ONLY $60 and I now have PS Plus till 2015. All these free games.... I only hope Gaikai works as promise, luckily I do have a friend who can benefit from all the free games so they don't go to waste.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

Bioshock Infinite next month for us in Europe then. Good good. Don't agree with PSP games being in PS+ - especially as Sony said they'd never do it unless they were remakes with Trophy support...

Splat

Splat said:

Great line up!

I have been meaning to check out the BioShock series for awhile now. You can get the BioShock 1 and 2 combo pack pretty cheap off Amazon. I might end up grabbing that and having Infinite downloaded and ready to go after playing those.

Grockumus

Grockumus said:

I already got "Smart As..." from that 3G deal for the Vita a few months ago. That's a really neat and challenging game (also, HUGE bonus points for John Cleese being the narrator in that game! <3 )
This PS+ update is just... wow!

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

I somehow missed the news that Brothers was already out on PSN (pretty sure it hit XBLA a bit earlier). Oh well, free for me anyway. :D

gbanas92Staff

gbanas92 said:

Awesome! This is looking to be the best month of PS+ since I've had the subscription!

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

This is great but I am waiting for all these free games for the PS4. All they had is Resogun and Contrast and a few others. I wish the PS4 had these kind of deals.

DrJoeystein

DrJoeystein said:

This month is just another example of why Playstation Plus is such a great service. Infinite and Don't Starve for free? I'm all over that! And although I already played Brothers, that is an absolute must-play for everyone. One of my favorite games of 2013.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I just DL the Bioshock 1 hour "trial" last night - needed something to DL while my controller recharged. Guess I'll just wait now. Do I need to delete it to DL the game? Or play it first?

Anybody else get the PS+ email w/ the link to the PS3 version of Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed in it? I wrote a comment the blog post a few days ago and they actually changed the title, but apparently nobody bothered to verify the email, the link goes to the PS3 version but it's still $29.99. Stupid Sony.

Blog post title before:

"PS Plus: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Free for Members"

Title after:

"PS Plus: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Free on Vita for Members"

Props to Justin Massongill for making the necessary change. (I'm assuming he reads Pushsquare, why woudlnt he?)

EGMagnus

EGMagnus said:

Bioshock Infinite for free?! PS Plus is officially the best thing to come out of Sony this generation :D!!

stefenjc

stefenjc said:

Hey, I was wondering does every PS4 will include free PS+ trial in each box? I open mind recently I didnt have one. I watched a lot of PS4 unboxing and I see many having one but mines.