Sony Would Like to Give You Some Money for Buying a PS4

Surprise sweetener

The console wars are showing no signs of cooling down. Microsoft may have added a free copy of FIFA 14 to launch day editions of the Xbox One, but Sony has responded with a treat or three of its own. Those of you that purchase a PlayStation 4 in North America will find a promotional voucher enclosed that will reward you with a 30-day PlayStation Plus trial, a 30-day Music Unlimited trial, and – here’s the best bit – $10 of free PlayStation Network credit.

Alright, so there’s a good chance that the PlayStation Plus trial won’t stack if you’re already a subscriber, and the Music Unlimited freebie doesn’t exactly make up for the system’s inability to play MP3s – but the PSN credit is a welcome bonus. “The $10 credit can be used towards anything in the store, including new PS4 launch titles such as Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and Killzone: Shadow Fall,” Sony Network Entertainment vice president Eric Lempel explained on the PlayStation Blog.

What are you going to spend your complimentary credit on? Flash your free cash in the comments section below.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

Just posted about this on the other page. Great find Sammy.

I'll definitely put this towards minecraft as soon as it comes out.

@jonnyeddd Not necessarily. The launch is still three weeks away here - they may just be waiting to announce something similar.

Madd_Hatter401

Madd_Hatter401 said:

My plus subscription ran out last Saturday. I was waiting till I get my ps4 to re-up so this works out nicely for me :) I will get another game and re-up in December, awesome! $10 not shabby either.

Cowboysfan-22

Cowboysfan-22 said:

This makes me smile. Sony knows how to keep their loyal fans happy. Oh, and I just picked up my Dualshock 4 today. Man it feels so much more comfortable than the Dualshock 3. Loooove it

rjejr

rjejr said:

I think the 30 day PS+ trial and $10 PSN credit is geared towards Xbox360 owners who want to switch sides.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Don't know yet what I'll spend that credit on, it is definitely a very nice gesture by Sony though.

ohhaime

ohhaime said:

I hope they keep this up for a few months for when I save up enough money to buy one.
If only they also included $400 cash in the box... Sigh..

RawShark

RawShark said:

@jonnyeddd Quit yer bitchin'. The EU PS Plus offerings consistently make the US offerings look weak. Sure we get the occasional delay, some games get lost in the ether altogether (CS:GO), but overall I think we get pretty spoiled.

This would be a bonus, but honestly Sony have done enough to keep me sweet.

Shaolin

Shaolin said:

I think it's a really wonderful thing for Sony to offer this. I make it a point to never complain about free stuff - even if I'm not a direct beneficiary.

@get2sammyb So if they were to announce something similar for UK/Europe do you think it would be like £5 or €5 or something equivalent? I only ask because I'd be very surprised if they gave us £10 or €10 - I'd also be over the moon!

Azikira

Azikira said:

I wish I could'a pre-ordered a PS4 but I had to save for moving :( Now that I'm here I have more then enough to get one but they're all gone...

MorriganIsHot

MorriganIsHot said:

I'll try and get a PS4 next week if I'm lucky because of this deal, was just gonna wait until new years to get one. This is too good to pass up. Super Mario 3D World can wait til next month.

MitchConcannon

MitchConcannon said:

I can see Sony not making this a thing in Europe for a simple reason, They are fighting to gain control in the States. Now I hope I am incorrect and we do get this cause Awesome, but I won't be mad if we don't cause I feel through being a PS Plus member for over two years I have well gotten my spoils from Sony by now.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

I just got $20 back from the promotion that just ended, so I'll save it and have $30. Yay. Too bad the Plus thing doesn't tack on another month.