Jak & Daxter Trilogy Continues the Hunt for Power Cells on PS Vita

Eco we go

As expected, popular protagonists Jak and Daxter are taking the short hoverboard trip onto the PlayStation Vita later this year. Sony has confirmed that last year’s Jak & Daxter Collection – which collates all three mainline PlayStation 2 adventures – is double-jumping onto the premium portable this coming June. It’ll set you back just $29.99/€29.99.

While converting the titles, the platform holder has taken the time to toss in a few additional “touch-based applications of certain mini games”. It’s also ensured that the Trophy list is separate from the original console release, meaning that there’s a possible three new Platinum trinkets up for grabs.

There’s no word on a precise release date just yet, but more information’s promised soon. In the meantime, you can check out our review of the PS3 version through here. Are you prepared to double-dip on this compilation? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com, blog.us.playstation.com]

Valky

Valky said:

I wonder if people who already own it on ps3 are willing to give more money for additional trophies, but seriously, why not making it cross-buy?

Valky

Valky said:

@Sanquine That includes me, I REALLY wish to have one, but this kind of things makes me more confused, like the Final Fantasy X/X-2 thing, also not cross-buy.

NathanUC

NathanUC said:

I paid like $3 for the first Jak game on the PSN when it was on sale. I really enjoyed it! I've heard iffy things about Jak 2 and 3 though; I might be cautions on this one.

Jak & Daxter 2 is terrible. On the whole, I don't rate this series anywhere near as highly as Ratchet and Sly.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@get2sammyb - "Jak & Daxter 2 is terrible."

While I agree it's a huge drop-off - and totally different direction - from the first I think it's only terrible in relation to the first. I'ld bet for people who never played the 1st but like R&C games they would genuinely enjoy it.
Starfox Adventures is one of my favorite games probably b/c I had no idea who Starfox was before it. I know anybody expecting a Starfox game thought it was terrible.

hamispink

hamispink said:

@get2sammyb I had fond memories of 2, but replaying it was rough. I wouldn't say terrible, but bland with unfair difficulty spikes fits the title pretty well. I did enjoy Jak 3 however, as the driving is fun and the world is more fun to explore.

Lionhart

Lionhart said:

I've never played a Jak and Daxter title before but I did play the standalone Daxter on the PSP and it was a blast. After playing Borderlands with my sister I'm wondering if the guys at Gearbox software grew up playing Jak and Daxter because what I just saw in the above trailer sent my mind directly back to Borderlands. I'm definitely going to stop by GameStop and pick this up come June.