You Don't Have As Many PSN Trophies As This Guy

Hakoom hits Level 100

Trophies are a curious part of the PlayStation experience. As much as we enjoy the thrill of unlocking a brand new trinket, they can sometimes feel a little bit like hard work. One person who’s transformed the grind into a day job is Hakoom, the world’s leading pursuer of small PNG pictures. And he’s just hit another monumental milestone.

With an outrageous cabinet containing 30,802 of the digital rewards, the Platinum chasing powerhouse is the first person in the world to reach Level 100 on the PlayStation Network – and it’s the second time that he’s hit the cap. A few years back, the DualShock deity was the first to reach Level 50, prompting platform holder Sony to double the top attainable tier.

Posting on NeoGAF, the humble hunter stressed that he doesn’t intend to give up his pursuit for PlayStation prominence despite crossing the impressive target. “I will keep getting Trophies,” he explained on the popular message board. “I hope that Sony will open the cap again soon.” Sounds like he’s hungry to hit Level 200, doesn’t it?

Fancy some statistics? Hakoom has earned 611 Platinum Trophies to date, with particularly challenging titles including Max Payne 3, Injustice: Gods Among Us, and WipEout HD. He earns an average of 15.5 Trophies per day, and has a completion mean of 83 per cent across his astonishing 1,016 games. Can you compete with these figures? Find 5,000 feathers in the comments section below.

[via hakoom.net]

Confused_DudeStaff

Confused_Dude said:

Just how many region locked releases of Hannah Montana: The Movie: The Game were there?

@Confused_Dude Time to scour eBay for that rare copy of Singstar that only released in Honolulu, Ben. I hear that you can get all of those Trophies in ten minutes.

ferrers405

ferrers405 said:

Meh, I just care about trophies when i like the game a lot, the others i just play..

belmont

belmont said:

And I thought my 13 platinum trophies were super hard to get... Mostly they are j-rpg games. I rarely care about trophies anyway.

Carl-G

Carl-G said:

After seeing people on YouTube finding ways to get Trophies without even playing the games it's hard to believe this, hmm

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

Could. Not. Be. Arsed.

That said, this is still incredible when you stop and think about it.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

I think trophies are overrated. While they are good for those extra tough challenges, some to many gamers abuse the system just for a big number...

RisefromAshes

RisefromAshes said:

@ShogunRok

It is incredible. But, if you break down his trophy list you'll see that he has "hundreds" of incomplete games. Basically, this guy isn't a "perfectionist".

Same goes for Bieleric.

I have a higher completion percentage than both of them. XD.

Still, kudos for getting to trophy level 100. Keep it up.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

He's the very best at something nobody else seems to value. Evidently it's more fulfilling that it looks. Must be nice to have absolutely nothing else to do all day!

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

Wow, how do you even find time to play that many games? And platinum over half of them?! This guy is ridiculous. This is just amazing.

Grockumus

Grockumus said:

So is this Hakoom guy really rich or something? How can someone have THAT MUCH free time?! I can only afford to platinum games I actually like.

ivanmata

ivanmata said:

This is his life pretty much, play games all day long, every day of the year....

grenworthshero

grenworthshero said:

I agree with @Grockumus
How does anyone have enough time to be able to play over 1,000 games? And 611 platinums? That's just INSANE. Even if you have constant money rolling in and don't have the need for a job, how can you have time for ANYTHING else? Like, you know...life.

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

@belmont that's what I was thinking, still puts my lonely little single platinum to shame good thing I don't really care about trophies and only play games for fun

ReigningSemtex

ReigningSemtex said:

So much jealousy lol I like trophies because they make you want to play other game modes that you wouldn't normally bother with and I feel they give you a reason to explore the game more, having said that I understand that achievements and trophies have a bit of a love/hate effect with the gaming community I am not a trophy hunter by any means but I think they are a good idea for the people that do like them. Congratulations Hakoom

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

Hard to believe that those number are real. Hmm. I think I am just going to pack up and go home.

MorriganIsHot

MorriganIsHot said:

I remember him few years on youtube with so many trophies on the PS3 so I'm not surprised this dude is still going.

Ridwaano

Ridwaano said:

PS3
MLB® 13 The Show™ Home Run Derby™ Edition
Very Easy - 3,741 / 3,835 complete (200 Difficulty Points)
Completed on Jul 11, 2013 12:56:26 AM in 28 seconds

He got this game 100% in 28 second :O ????

redd214

redd214 said:

This is a group of individuals on one account and they have hacked saves/trophies. Not as impressive as it seems but cool nonetheless. Im pretty proud of my 33 plats though :D

artemisthemp

artemisthemp said:

Majority of Trophy list is done wrong as, they require you not to die, beat the game in X hours or play through on Malaka difficulty.

The perfect trophy list is one, that require you to experince all the story content like HDN MK-2 was perfect.