Weirdness: Prince William Wants a PS4, Fears Kate Middleton's Reaction

Sony recruits a royal fan

What do you buy a member of the Royal Family for Christmas? Well, in the case of Prince William, he’s quite keen on a PlayStation 4 – even if he is a little worried that wife Kate Middleton may not take too kindly to the addictive addition to the family. The modern monarch revealed the tidbit as part of an appearance in London earlier today, where he backed a campaign to get youngsters more interested in making games.

“It’s very addictive,” the Duke of Cambridge said of the next generation system. “I’d like to get one but I’m not sure how my wife would feel about it.” The prince pointed out that his missus may not be too happy about the console taking his time away from caring for new-born baby George. We reckon that the family should just pick up a copy of Skylanders: Swap Force, and then they could all get involved.

In addition to praising the console, Wills – as he’s colloquially known – also backed the British game industry. “Our developers are more in demand than ever before, so I hope that the young people take inspiration from today’s workshop, and get a taste for what a career in games might be like,” he said. “I know that I, for one, as an enthusiastic but quite useless gamer, look forward to playing the weird and wonderful games which these young people dream up in the future.”

You’re going to need a console before you get to go hands-on with those titles, though, your majesty. We recommend putting any marital fears to the back of your mind and pestering Sony for one of those Killzone: Shadow Fall bundles. Heck, that’s a Twitch stream that even this unsociable editor would be willing to watch.

[via mirror.co.uk]

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

Interviewer: "What are you hoping for for Christmas, your highness?"
Royal assistant whispers in his ear: "PS4 is the current video game system, saying that will prolong the impression that your ridiculously unnecessary family is aware of things in the real world."
William: "Oh, yes, ya, ya, ya, the PS4. Ya, ya."

Brain dead buffoons without a care or need in the world.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

@rawr1234 God, a royalist.

Fourth time you've tried to insult me on here though. So nice to see you come out from under your bridge now and then. Must be damp under there.

Sonicfan11589

Sonicfan11589 said:

I remember reading an article that Kate got William a Wii some years back and even his grandmother, the Queen herself tried it out.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

@Sanquine Nothing if they lived in the real world. They're now completely unnecessary and money is massively wasted on them. That we give them, without any choice. Put it this way, Harry is "in" the army in Afghanistan. It costs billions to keep him there, twenty-five miles away from any sort of action. That money could be spent on making jobs or homes. Just not needed in this day and age. People will say they bring in tourists then fine, give the Queen a job in Lidl. That's gonna bring in much more money to the country.

As this is a games blog though I feel I should talk about games. Need For Speed: Most Wanted is surprisingly good. Really enjoying it.

IAmNotWill

IAmNotWill said:

@rastamadeus There's this video on YouTube on the Royal Family actually having positive affects on Britain. They're not completely useless apparently, but it's an interesting watch. I'll try and link to it.

Someone should get him a Vita while they're at it.

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

Hmm. George looks cuter than I remember, but I would imagine he was an uncomfortable birth.

Savino

Savino said:

@rastamadeus I not a brit and dont think that monarchy is usefull for anything, but I read somewhere that the royal family makes 3 times the money spent on them because they are almost a relic and, for some reason, people travel from all over the world to see them!

Yes, is something from the 1500... But england could really use the money to give some coal or food for the poor people there... I was reading on the independent that things will not be good this winter for our brothers from north!

DVS

DVS said:

(Well I'm keeping political views firmly out of this.) Jolly good show, William old boy. Good choice. Now pester the wife... pester her....

Mallard

Mallard said:

Who cares? please don't feed the royal parasite PR machine. @savino the royals don't bring in no where as much money as they cost the tax payers. We have people who can not afford to have the heating on, yet we give millions to this one interbreeding family. @rastamadeus #11 is spot on.
If you think the queen is alright look at the video of her shaking hands with Martin Mc guinness ( a known IRA murderer, who killed 100's of British soldiers and civilians )

Savino

Savino said:

@Mallard hmm, so probably i was talking with a royalist!

Well, anyways, i dont understand why do you guys keep those parasites with your tax-money!
Put them to work, or dance for the amusement of the people!lol

eliotgballade

eliotgballade said:

blimey, some people on here need to lighten up ! what's the problem with wills wanting a pS4 ? and good for him to draw attention to the british games industry (probably to werther's original sucking Daily Mail readers that were not aware there was such a thing) i'm neither pro or anti royal but , being a british tax payer , I do go towards paying for them.