Naughty Dog: Uncharted PS4 Will Represent a Huge Jump Graphically

Shake it, Drake

Naughty Dog’s already promised that we’ll be in awe of its first PlayStation 4 project – and speaking as part of this week’s Spike TV launch livestream, co-president Christophe Balestra has teased that you should expect a huge graphical jump in the recently announced Uncharted PS4. Yeah, we’re salivating over the prospect of a next generation title from the first-party developer, too.

“I mean we’re going to be pushing storytelling and performance capture as always,” the gaffer told GameTrailers TV host Geoff Keighley. “But graphically, I think that we’re going to see a big jump with what the team is working on right now, and I think that people will be pretty amazed with all of the good stuff that’s happening at Naughty Dog today.”

The studio refused to say much about the upcoming exclusive, but we’ve pulled the first trailer to shreds and believe that pirates will factor into the plot. Are you looking forward to the next instalment in the Uncharted series? Which characters would you like to see make a comeback? Sail away in the comments section below.

[via youtube.com, examiner.com]

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

So excited, I can't imagine what they will pull out for the set-pieces on the PS4.

Carl-G

Carl-G said:

Nah, their next game will look like a PS1 game :D I CAN'T WAIT! ;) Playing TLoU at the moment & it's ACE :P

MasterBlue

MasterBlue said:

Naughty Dog has always been the one to deliver Triple-A games. A game of this magnitude and prior bases with PlayStation fans is going to take a while to come into full effect. We probably aren't going to see this game until Spring 2015.

RaymanFan2

RaymanFan2 said:

I still need to play U3 on a PS3 that doesn't have such a ****** HDD that it can't read fast enough and ends up stuttering all over the place.

And might as well play it in 3D, too.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Uncharted 1 looked good, until 2 came out, so Im going to go ahead and start looking forward to U5 :-)

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

Uncharted needs to be buried. #1 was fun to shoot guys, but there's nothing to make me wanna play 3 or any others after Golden Abyss. Just make new franchises

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

@Lelouch duh. No, I'm merely expressing my opinion. Is there something amazing I've missed out on? : | They can impress us again with a ps4-era hero/icon character from a brand new IP, so why waste it on "another" anything?