We finally know a handful of PlayStation 5 games which will complement the console on its launch later this year and some titles arriving afterwards. That's thanks to the digital broadcast Sony just hosted, titled the Future of Gaming event. It's been a long time coming, especially after the Japanese giant teased us with the system's architecture back in March, but it looks like the wait was worth it. However, if you happened to miss the digital showcase, what games did Sony actually announce for PS5? Were there any third-party reveals? What were the biggest surprises? Here's everything announced at Sony's PS5 games reveal event.
All Sony's PS5 Games Reveal Event Announcements
- PS5 Console Revealed, Standard and Digital Only Edition
- Horizon Forbidden West Brings Post-Apocalyptic Wonder to PS5
- Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Announced for PS5, Holiday 2020
- Gran Turismo 7 Is Real, Confirmed for PS5
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Brings the Duo Back on PS5
- Returnal Is a Brand New Game from Housemarque for PS5
- Demon's Souls Remake on PS5 Is Real
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure Is a Full Blown Platformer Heading to PS5
- Destruction AllStars Brings Vehicular Carnage to PS5
- Astro's Playroom Is a Free PS5 Platformer That Comes Pre-Loaded on the Console
- GTA V Is Coming to PS5 with an Enhanced Edition, GTA Online Free for PS Plus Members
- Square Enix Reveals PS5 Console Exclusive Project Athia
- Resident Evil: Village Confirmed for PS5, Coming 2021
- Pragmata Is a Brand New IP From Capcom, Coming to PS5 in 2022
- Hitman 3 Scales the Top of the World on PS5, PS4 Next Year
- Godfall Gets a PS5 Gameplay Trailer
- Bugsnax Is the Next Game from Octodad Dev, Coming to PS5
- Little Devil Inside Is a PS5 Console Exclusive Action RPG
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits Is a Stunning Action Adventure Coming to PS5
- Dishonored Dev's Deathloop Will Make Its Console Debut on PS5
- Ghostwire Tokyo Becomes PS5 Console Exclusive in New Gameplay Trailer
- NBA 2K21 Reveals Just How Much Sweat PS5 Can Render
- Goodbye Volcano High Is a PS5, PS4 Game Where Dinosaurs Go to School
- Solar Ash Is a New PS5 Game from the Makers of Hyper Light Drifter
- Stray Is a Cyberpunk Adventure Where You Play as a Cat, Pounces onto PS5 in 2021
- Oddworld: Soulstorm Brings Abe to Both PS5 and PS4
- Jett: The Far Shore Is an Intriguing Space Faring Adventure Landing on PS5 and PS4 This Year
- PS5's New 1080p Camera Is Super Cute
- PS5's New Wireless Headset Will Let You Enjoy Peerless 3D Audio
All PS5 Game Galleries/Screenshots
- Gallery: PS5's Design Is Unorthodox But Unforgettable
- Gallery: Horizon Forbidden West Is a PS5 Stunner in First Screens
- Gallery: Gran Turismo 7 PS5 Screens Are Pure Car Porn
- Gallery: Demon's Souls PS5 Screenshots Are Mind-Blowing
- Gallery: Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Swings High in PS5 Screenshots
- Gallery: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Looks Like a Real Dimension Shift on PS5
- Gallery: Sackboy Looks Adorable As Ever in Big Adventure's PS5 Screenshots
- Gallery: Returnal Is a PS5 Roguelike with an Ever-Changing World
- Gallery: Astro's Playroom Is a Free, Utterly Adorable PS5 Game
Please post the system lying down, the pic exists. So, that it will clear up the confusion. I have the pic if needed.
They forgot to confirm that it plays audio CDs. An embarrassing oversight on Sony's part
@OmegaStriver Found it!
Saw about 8 games that thoroughly impressed me. Most Indy stuff, not so much.
And you get the impression that their far from done as well.
You seem to have forgotten Kena: Bridge of Spirits. That was one of my favourite games they revealed, actually. Looks very charming and like there'll be a lot of atmospheric exploration.
Where's Stray, that cool looking cat game with a nice cyber vibe? And Kena, too?
There were some good announcements and some UI shown as well. Great show on a whole for Sony. Looked more professional than Xbox too.
Eh and Gran turismo 7. It looks like it is still a couple of years away. I reckon it'll be worth the wait. I'm a bit disappointed it's not coming to PS4 but it looks amazing on PS5 and I'll be getting it someday.
@Gremio108 people still play audio CDs? Not so much an oversight as it is that nobody cares.
Saw 10 games I'm definitely down for, great show!
I knew not to fall for that Mass Effect rumor BS. The most played out rumor this gen.
@ApostateMage Actually it seems like they missed almost half the games. No Ghostwire, they missed that dinosaur high school game, no Deathloop, no Little Devil Inside, no Solar Ash, no JETT, probably more missing too.
Edit: Ah they're adding them in now.
@Splat That was always going to be an announcement made at EA Play next week, not the PS5 event.
@Matroska I agree, it looked wonderful. So did Little Deavil Inside.
Horizon sequel obviously the standout but it's good to see Sony aiming to be more then just the kings of third person sp games next gen even if those are my favourite types of games.
@Matroska Indeed. Ghostwire Tokyo looked very intriguing.
Watching everything tommorrow im in a nightshift now. 😆
@Matroska That one looks brilliant and you at least remembered the name! My mum was most interested in that one out of everything shown and I might be too, other than Resi and Demon’s Souls.
I'm cool with this:
Nice job so far! Now you only have to knock out these and you can get some sleep!!
Gran Turismo 7
Goodbye Volcano High
Jett: The Far Shore
I think housemarque should be on Sony next studio to buy list returnal look great.
@AhmadSumadi Eh, he was joking?
Just this one event justified the purchase for me.
I even forgot about the entire super fast drive thing. Games, games and more games... all that matters in the end.
@Splat next thursday @ ea play
Definitely. A lot of games that were shown were diverse, which is something I hope Sony keeps on delivering in future events.
Sony dropped some atomic bombs today. I got my Demon's Souls remake (which hopefully isn't too far off) and will probably never forget this historic event. Absolutely phenomenal.
Big takeaway here for me was the PS5 does not really do ray tracing. With the exception of super low detail reflections in Godfall and on Crank, or so we where told, there was nothing. As is it much quicker to develop using global illumination than baked in lighting I think the PS5 has very limited RT capability. Also the design was not cooling friendly and as everything is being overclocked I think we are looking at about 40% less performance than the new X box. That really going to show as the generation matures. I'm feeling a bit let down
@toobarfoo It's far too early to judge just based on how it looks, besides the case looks like it has plenty of ventilation. And Ray Tracing is still pretty new technology, even XSX will be limited on that too.
@AdamNovice It'll probably have another handful to show off in a month or two. Most likely will be revealing the release date and price of both the standard and digital console during the same event.
@ApostateMage it's disappointing that's it's only a ps5 exclusive
@Envy Why's that?
@AdamNovice PS5 has a fixed 350W power budget and will use that to overclock the GPU. But the hotter a chip get the less efficient it becomes and overclocking really ups the temp. To hold the stated 9.2 TF for more than a second or 2 it would need a top end cooling solution and mass air movement. Air movement in the design shown would be fine for low clocked hardware but not clocking a GPU at 2.2 Ghz. Take a look at what is needed to overclock modern PCs. Physics does not change and there is not enough room to push the amount of air needed through that case to run a GPU at 2.2 Ghz constantly. I work in possessor design used mainly in the mobile space and believe me, we wish we could bend physics every day but we are always working around a thermal envelope. So is Sony
Reading the overview it seems the only titles confirmed for launch window is Spider Man and Godfall? And that Astro’s Playroom pack-in?
I just assumed Ratchet and Clank was launch game but now notice no date....
@TooBarFoo there’s always that one troll who comes in taking about crap he knows nothing about. No desire to read this absolute garbage that nobody believes for a second. add to fanboy ignore list
I am super excited for Spider-Man Miles Morales! I did not care for the other stuff.
@AhmadSumadi Tell that to my signed copy of Scatman John's album
Loved the games hated the stream quality. Ive got a very good tv and very good 200mb wired connection to it and that did not look as good as 1080 in some parts. Bitty blacks, blurry images etc. I also watched some back after in 4k and whilst it looked better i got the same result. I want to find somewhere i can actually download them in 4k and see if that helps
I had my expectations firmly in check for this...GT7, Maybe RE8 or Spiderman 2/Demon Souls...but came away very much surprised. Some really nice variety there...nods to the past,but the scene shifting for R&C looks ace! And Stray & Kena attracted my interest as much as the bigger stuff. Daresay the GTAO crowd will love getting extra money to afford their 2 million dollar wooden shed skunkhouse but hopefully players can play their campaign story disc version on ps5 for the single player.
All digital ps5 is a bold move too-albeit with my mix of current gen ps4 discs & indies I'd be sticking to the traditional version where you'll need to sell a kidney & one lung to afford it!
@InsertUsername Was gonna pick it for PC
I was freaking hyped and shouting in joy when they announced Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Ratchet & Clank: Rifts Apart, Demon's Souls Remake, and Horizon: Forbidden Wilds.
I was originally planning to wait a few years for the inevitable Slim/Pro re-iterations to become dirt cheap, but depending on the price I may just pre-order/buy day one!
Not sure I can avoid the spoilers for those four games and I MUST go into them fresh.
Tap here to load 40 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...