Now The Last of Us' PS4 Port Has Appeared on the PlayStation Store

Posted by Joe Donnelly

Teach an old dog new clicks

In what's fast becoming a story entirely more complicated than it ever needed to be, it would seem that The Last of Us is all but heading to the PlayStation 4. Following PlayStation Turkey vice president Sercan Sulun's less than subtle comments last month, a NeoGAF user has spotted an advertisement for The Last of Us: Remastered on the North American PlayStation Store, quoting a $59.99 price tag and a 'day one digital release' logo.

Directors Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley have already spoken rather candidly about making a sequel to last year's survival horror behemoth. For now, though, you may have to make do with experiencing Naughty Dog's touching tale for a second time – no doubt with even shinier graphics. That sounds like something that even the most infected of clickers could get behind.

[via neogaf.com, mcvuk.com]

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

we'll I never got round to getting it on PS3, so a PS4 version will be great as I can play this game and add one more to my PS4 collection

WickedKnightAl

WickedKnightAl said:

Really hoping for more PS3 up-ports (can't think of many games as deserving as TLoU). Since flOw and Flower got the PS4 treatment, how's about Journey?

Carl-G

Carl-G said:

Brilliant game :P I don't normally buy games again but would buy & play this again :P

Sonicfan11589

Sonicfan11589 said:

I'm glad i didn't pick this up on PS3 so now i too can experience it for the first time on PS4. I know it is only (unofficially) confirmed for PSN but i hope to see a PS4 retail release.

Dodoo

Dodoo said:

That's nice but even though it's a great game, I can't say I'm that eager to replay it on PS4 so soon. Same went for Tomb Raider...

Personally I'd rather have new games than "upgrades" but I realise this is easy money for the devs...

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

I've got no interest in playing/buying PS4 versions of PS3 games....certainly not ones I've played so recently like The Last of Us and Tombraider...I can see the benefit of it when it comes to Playstation 3 exclusives that people newly converted to playstation may have missed like Uncharted, Killzone and Infamous 1 & 2...but I'd certainly not rebuy games just because they have better graphics.

ferrers405

ferrers405 said:

Great game, but full price? Sony should learn from Ubisoft, Rayman Legends another gorgeous game is for just $40.

Dannyboy1996

Dannyboy1996 said:

I never brought it on ps3 because I knew I was getting a ps4 and wouldn't play it so it would be great if it comes out on ps4 the game look amazing

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

After getting the season pass (expected way more dlc :( ) and buying the game digitally, I'm gonna be super pissed if they don't offer a ps3-to-4 upgrade thing like at launch

SimonAdebisi

SimonAdebisi said:

I wish they could have offered the recent dlc as a stand alone mini game for the ps4, its the only reason for me to go back and play it again. Certainly not forking out 60 quid for a facelift.

xMEADx

xMEADx said:

I'll be buying this game as well but will wait for it to drop in price maybe like I did with tomb raider, I picked that up from PlayStation store for £22.50 though its back to £50 or thereabouts now.