Fallout 4 Trademark Steps Out of Bethesda's Legal Vault

Boston dead sox

Steel yourself for a nuclear bomb, as it sounds like Bethesda is ready to pull the irradiated wrapping off the rumoured Fallout 4. A trademark registration for the unannounced release – which has been the source of copious speculation over the past twelve months – has just popped up on a European classifications website, pouring more fuel on the post-apocalyptic oil burner.

It’s common for companies to protect their properties in this way, but a teaser website for the hotly anticipated sequel also appeared last week. The page includes a countdown clock ticking ever closer towards 11th December. Normally, we’d say that this is a lock for the newly named VGX Awards, but that’s set to take place a few days earlier. Perhaps we’ll receive a teaser trailer during the ceremony, followed by a full unveiling a little later.

Whenever it gets revealed, you can pretty much count on this being a PS4 game. Way back at E3, Sony announced that it had that it signed a co-marketing partnership with Bethesda, meaning that there’s a chance that we could see some extra goodies in the PlayStation iteration of the game. To be honest, we’re just hopeful that it’ll actually run on Mark Cerny’s much more accessible machine.

[via esearch.oami.europa.eu, vg247.com]

TOMBOY25

TOMBOY25 said:

i hate fallout it should burn in hell along with the elder scrolls games (actually skyrim was ok but only when fighting dragons the rest was just awful)

Cowboysfan-22

Cowboysfan-22 said:

@TOMBOY25 whaaaat?! The fallout series are some of my favorite games. There's so much to do and there's nothing like wandering the wasteland looking for something to do. I can't wait for this to happen! Fallout 4 and Persona 5 are the two games I want REALLY bad

mibtar

mibtar said:

I loved the old turn based fallout. Never bothered with it when it turned first person.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I'm looking forward to waiting half a year after the game comes out for them to release enough patches that it'll actually be playable for more than 5 minutes!

Seriously, I love these games, but good god the bugs! Fallout 3 is still unplayable on the PS3 to this day!

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

@TOMBOY25 "TO WHOM?"!!!! >: ( love, the grammar nazi.
lol everyone here hates bad PC-to-ps3 ports, not Fallout! We love Fallout. It will love us back this time :D so ready for FO4 omfg. Also TESonline, but Fallout is such a great universe you can't beat it

D3athBr1ng3r187

D3athBr1ng3r187 said:

Bethesda I heard that company before......Yeah I know the same company Nintendo Life hates because of a "controversy" that they turned down Nintendo from making any titles on they system lol. Regardless give me more Fallout I love that series more than the Elder Scrolls series. (Even though I hated New Vegas)

dudeware

dudeware said:

Never really got into this series, I 'll have to check it out when it's revealed and see what all the fuss is about.

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

Im sorta with @TOMBOY25. While Fallout 3 (and previous iterations like Brotherhood of Steel) were ok, Fallout New Vegas was terrible. I even tried it on PC after I gave the Ps3 version a go and I was still completely underwhelmed. Enjoyed the DLC for Fallout3 more than any thing else Fallout so Hopefully they'll come good this time. Can't get any worse than New Vegas anyway

DeHorror1975

DeHorror1975 said:

Best games of PS3/360 gen: skyrim/fallot 3, the last of us, batman games, in that order, imo.

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

Oh god yes please :) it may have been early on in PS3s life span but it remained right up there in my top games of the generation.....I loved Fallout 3 so very very much.

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

@D3athBr1ng3r187 Aye I know that but it still doesn't excuse Bethesda of any blame seen as they would have made the decision to go external for development of New Vegas. Saying that if you judge Bethesda on their previous works New Vegas probably wouldn't have been much better in their hands anyway

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

@CanisWolfred Personally Im not a fan of Skyrim. Ive put about 100 hours in on PC and Its still not clicked with me yet so I may as well give up. Such an average game. A shame really as Oblivion was fantastic