PlayStation App Squeezes onto Your Smartphone Next Month

There's an app for that

It’s all starting to feel rather real, isn’t it? Back at GamesCom, the PlayStation 4 felt like it was an eternity away, but now we’ve reached the point where we’re writing about imminent firmware updates and file sizes. Furthering that is the confirmation that Sony’s previously announced PlayStation App will launch on 13th November in North America and 22nd November in Europe.

The iOS and Android download will function as a gateway to your gaming life via your mobile device, allowing you to receive notifications, invitations, messages, and more when you’re on the move. You'll even be able to peruse PlayStation Store content, purchase it, and tell your PlayStation 4 to download and install it while you’re away.

Even neater, the application will significantly enhance your next generation experience. In addition to allowing you to interact with games such as The Playroom, the software will function as a remote control for your console, allowing you to turn it on and off. You'll even be able to use your device's touchscreen to type out fiddly details such as credit card information.

Finally, you’ll be able to access the PlayStation Blog through the download, and stream videos uploaded to the PlayStation Network via the PS4’s share button. Are you planning to install the application on your tablet or mobile device? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via kotaku.com]

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

This above is the best function and the sole reason i'm getting this App for my Sony Xperia Z

CodeSe7en

CodeSe7en said:

Hell yeah! I'll be downloading it for my Galaxy S4 Android phone, my iPhone 5S and my iPad!! I want it all!

Epic

Epic said:

Download playstation plus content everywhere and reply and recieve friends messages is a huge win for me. :D

Cowboysfan-22

Cowboysfan-22 said:

I love the fact that you can send messages through PSN. Using the onscreen keyboard on PS3 is annoying and takes forever

Paranoimia

Paranoimia said:

I'm just hoping this new Android app has wider compatibility than the current PlayStation app. That still says it won't work on my Nexus 7, and therefore won't install from the Play store, even though I've been told it works fine if you can get it on there.

Malouff

Malouff said:

I hope it also come out on the Amazon App Store so we can use it with a Kinde

irken004

irken004 said:

Aren't some of these functions also coming to the Vita? I don't own a tablet or smart phone or anything (still rocking the tracfone :P)

@irken004 Yeah, you'll be able to do some of this stuff via the Vita's 'PS4 Link' app. It's being added in the handheld's next firmware update.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

I won't be getting my PS4 until my tax money gets back to me, but I'll definitely be downloading this app.

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

@get2sammyb http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/25/new-info-and-66-pictures-of-the-ps-vita-tv-surface-ui-remote-play-looks-on-4k-tv-power-brick-and-more/

Untitled

Look how sexy the Vita tv looks. 100 dollars and this thing will fly of the shelves when they advertise it in a good way. Even when the advertisements s*ck if they can sell this to the ps4 fanbase it will be a major succes. God eater 2 and other vita games looks superb on the big screen and remote play... Old psp and ps1 games. My playstation one broke on me a couple of years ago. This is a way to play tekken 2 and crash again:D

ObviouslySheik

ObviouslySheik said:

So let's say I've got a Vita and a PS3, and I am not going to buy the PS4 for certain reasons. What does this app do for me? Can it do anything with just a Vita?

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

Yep I will be downloading it onto my droid phone and my Kindle Fire HD.

Bliquid

Bliquid said:

@ObviouslyAdachi :
Maybe it will spoon us.
But seriously, i'm in the same situation.
I think that you may still browse, purchase and "socialize" in some ways, but that's just an educated guess.

ohhaime

ohhaime said:

I hope the Vita app will be able to handle all the Second Screen stuff that the Android App can. My phone is pretty crap and I'm not sure it will be able to handle it.

@Sanquine You can already browse the PSN store with a Web browser on you're Mobile devices and queue up downloads. They updated it last week without much fanfare .

OrbitScant

OrbitScant said:

Going straight on my IPad. Using as a keyboard could be good it gets tiresome entering text with a controller.

Shaolin

Shaolin said:

I'm so looking forward to this app! From the screenshot it also looks like you'll be able to use it in landscape mode which makes tapping out messages even easier - brilliant!