PS4 Pre-Orders Ceased at GameStop, Sony Shuts the Floodgates

Were you quick enough?

Having informed North American retailer GameStop to open the floodgates on PlayStation 4 pre-orders earlier in the year, Sony has now slammed shut sales of its next generation console. The giant’s website lists the vanilla edition of the impending system as “not available”, though there are still bundles on offer if you’re quick.

You may also still be able to pre-order the package at your local store, but it’s clear that stocks are depleting fast. The Japanese giant warned earlier in the year that demand may outstrip supply this holiday – despite the company pledging much more stock to shops than its closest competitor, Microsoft.

There’s a chance that the PlayStation maker may increase allocations nearer to launch, but we seriously recommend securing a pre-order wherever you can at this point. It’s only going to get harder to net a console from here on out. Have you already reserved your system? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via gamestop.com, playstationlifestyle.net, neogaf.com]

Itachi

Itachi said:

I'm just waiting for the smoke to clear a bit and the PS4 to be on shelves. I've learned that it's best to wait sometimes because the 1st iterations of almost any new product have bugs that needs to be worked out. I'm definitely getting one, but I'm gonna wait it out.

fullyilly

fullyilly said:

And no worries here, pre-ordered about a month ago, although lets just hope they left enough stock to ship some to the UK lol.

8vpiper

8vpiper said:

First batch consoles are always the best they always try to save cost with the ones that follow. pre ordered in feb so I'm good!

@ajay708 It's probably wise. I mean, fingers-crossed this will be a flawless launch, but it's definitely a nailbiting period! :P

Paranoimia

Paranoimia said:

Had mine pre-ordered with ShopTo since they put them up just after the reveal in February.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

Preordered a couple days ago. Maybe I'll sell it on eBay if the demand is ridiculous this holiday.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Glad to see they stopped pre-orders, it's a good sign. I just hope it's for real, and not just a way to build up more press w/ big "Sold out" signs everywhere only to have them announce 2 months from now that they recalculated and "limited numbers" of pre-orders are once again available.

Yes, I really am this jaded.

Cowboysfan-22

Cowboysfan-22 said:

@get2sammyb well the reason I haven't preordered yet is because I'm moving in a few weeks. I was going to preorder when I got to my new place... I'll have to see if I can find someone to do it for me.

Avenger

Avenger said:

I Pre-ordered when I picked up The Last of Us when it came out :). I think I'm in the clear, but I have my fingers crossed just in case.

ViciousDS

ViciousDS said:

got mine pre-ordered online through gamestop within 2 hours after the conference and got my little brothers pre-ordered in store at gamestop which I will be there probably in line 2 days just in case of shortage.

catcher82611

catcher82611 said:

I just looked on the site, and the bundles are no longer available online as well. Luckily, I preordered my console last week, so I should be fine.

Cowboysfan-22

Cowboysfan-22 said:

I just went online and called the store and they aren't preordering anymore... Crap! Hopefully they'll open the gates back up before launch. Either that or I'm screwed.

Curt

Curt said:

I preordered mine just last week. I'm so glad I went when I did.

sajoey

sajoey said:

I reserved mine from Amazon less than 5 minutes after their E3 conference!

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

I'm glad I pre-orered mine the day after Sony's E3 confrence. Looks like it might be hard to get your hands on one near launch. Things are looking great for Sony right now.

ivanmata

ivanmata said:

I secured my pre-order about two weeks ago, I'm not sure if I should get the Play Station Eye on launch though, the Playroom seems nice! Has anyone pre-ordered the Eye??

Aragon_057

Aragon_057 said:

I'm waiting for the first price drop or possibly the inevitable second version of the PS4.

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

I preordered mine after the E3 conference along with AC IV, so I should be good to go on release day.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Pre-ordered the day after the E3 conference, I figure it won't totally sell out at launch but better safe than sorry.

Lopezdm

Lopezdm said:

I pre ordered mine 30 mins after they announced the price. I was the first to do so at my local Gamestop. I have a buddy that works there so I will be playing it in the back on release night while we wait for the clock to strike 12.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

I hope the Gamestop near me does a midnight for this (they didn't do one for Wii U so I'm a little worried this won't get one either). I'd be first in line.