Forums

Topic: The Order: 1886 | OT

Posts 1 to 20 of 92

Scollurio

No pre-orders anymore for me for any game at all. But since the victorian era is my favourite era when it comes to fiction, I do have it on my radar and as far as official reviews and first impressions of players don't doom it to complete and utter garbage (meaning that it should have a rather decent story) I'll definitely pick it up. I'm just afraid it might be too much like "Beyond" (which I hated with a passion) taking itself too serious, being an "interactive movie" first and a game second and all that...

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

Gamer83

Games like Beyond and Heavy Rain are just drawn out QTEs as far as gameplay. The Order won't be like that but I am concered that there will be a good number of QTEs and that it will detract from the experience. The QTE is really the most useless thing in gaming imo, just absolutely no reason to be there.

Gamer83

BAMozzy

Several things I really dislike are QTE's and anything other than a 16:9 aspect ratio. If I wanted to press a sequence of buttons in a set order I would buy Parappa the Rapper. It certainly doesn't make me feel more involved at all. I don't know anyone that has a cinema aspect screen and yet they opt to make this in that ratio. Why? I don't know but it makes me wonder if it was done for graphical reasons rather than artistic. I won't watch different aspects on my TV if I can't adjust it to minimize the black bars - so I lose a bit either off the sides or off the top/bottom (4:3) but more importantly I lose the black bars!
I also dislike games that don't let me play. By that I mean ones that are constantly taking away controls to show a lengthy cut scene every few minutes even if those cut scenes do have moments of QTE's. Its still not full control. I don't want an interactive movie, I want to game!
Its primarily these reasons that I have not pre-ordered and why my enthusiasm has dropped for this game. It still has my interest though from the setting and gorgeous visuals (within that letterbox!!) and Steampunk inspiration and Horror. I am sure this will be purchased but the reviews and peoples comments will determine when. By that I mean, it will determine how much I am willing to spend. If it is reviewed well and receives a good public praise I am more likely to buy sooner but if its not so well reviewed, I will probably wait until the price drops.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Victor_Meldrew

Considering I've not seen it for much less than £50 then no, I won't be picking it up at launch, first sign of a good deal then I'll grab it, unless I've already rented it. Not hyped really but looking forward to it at some point. I expect it to be middle of the road in terms of enjoyment, not quite second son but much better than shadow fall. QTE sucks full stop especially when they're timed and force you to rush and make mistakes. I have no problem with the cinematic view, its all about London, the skyline, the story, the visuals, its not a very vertical game from what I've seen, climbing over walls and probably the one zeppelin scene is all. I can see the cinematic feel working,

Edited on by Victor_Meldrew

Victor_Meldrew

banacheck

Considering everyone hates QTE's The Last Of Us didn't do to bad then.

I'll be picking up The Order 1886 but not pre-ordered it, from what I've read & seen (gameplay footage) it looks like a good story driven 3rd person shooter.

banacheck

tatsumi

I watched a few broadcasts on my PS4, some people playing that game already.
I guess it will be a bit like the Telltale Games, with a bit more shooting around. Lots of interactive cutscenes and QTE with a robust story and interesting characters. Since I love telltale games, I don't think I will get any problems. I needed around 8 hours for Walking Dead Season 2, The Order might also take around 8 hours, but at twice the price. Well , I got no problems with money, so I don't care and will see it as a support for the Developers.

tatsumi

NomNom

I'll buy it, I like to support new IPs. Beats buying Advanced Warfare,

PSN: Ultranomnom

I'll take the Vita to the grave with me, even if Sony won't.

PSN: Ultranomnom

Scollurio

NomNom wrote:

I'll buy it, I like to support new IPs. Beats buying Advanced Warfare,

I like your attitude. I think the same.

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

Gemuarto

BAMozzy wrote:

Several things I really dislike are QTE's and anything other than a 16:9 aspect ratio. If I wanted to press a sequence of buttons in a set order I would buy Parappa the Rapper. It certainly doesn't make me feel more involved at all. I don't know anyone that has a cinema aspect screen and yet they opt to make this in that ratio. Why? I don't know but it makes me wonder if it was done for graphical reasons rather than artistic. I won't watch different aspects on my TV if I can't adjust it to minimize the black bars - so I lose a bit either off the sides or off the top/bottom (4:3) but more importantly I lose the black bars!
I also dislike games that don't let me play. By that I mean ones that are constantly taking away controls to show a lengthy cut scene every few minutes even if those cut scenes do have moments of QTE's. Its still not full control. I don't want an interactive movie, I want to game!
Its primarily these reasons that I have not pre-ordered and why my enthusiasm has dropped for this game. It still has my interest though from the setting and gorgeous visuals (within that letterbox!!) and Steampunk inspiration and Horror. I am sure this will be purchased but the reviews and peoples comments will determine when. By that I mean, it will determine how much I am willing to spend. If it is reviewed well and receives a good public praise I am more likely to buy sooner but if its not so well reviewed, I will probably wait until the price drops.

Dude, now days, qte is more a way of interacting with things, than pushing buttons in correct order.

Gemuarto

Gemuarto

get2sammyb wrote:

New Hitler, huh? I don't know, but almost every Sony's game on ps4 were critisized for short lenght. Infamous and Killzone were like 4 hours long. But I played them for around 20.... So, it's hard to believe in what people say over internet, anymore.

Gemuarto

Punished_Boss_84

To the bunkers! It's not gonna be pretty.

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

PSN: lengendaryboss

sub12

That video is unbelievably annoying and grating to the ears.

sub12

BAMozzy

Based on some early reviews it's scoring quite well.

However certain comments do seem to be recurring which certainly put me off at this price. First off, its no surprise but the games length is an issue for me. Secondly the amount of actual gameplay involved as a lot of the time you spend watching - especially in the early stages. The actually game play elements are not exactly revolutionary either. It seems that if you just want to jump on and play/shoot things etc them this is unlikely to be a game for you

Everyone seems to like the visuals and sound. The acting is very good too. The AI is also good overall too. It seems that the initial disappointment of the black bars is very soon forgotten and they tend not to notice them. Everything from the back drop of the city to cast of characters and half-breeds are beautifully created and realised.

What I get from all this is that this is more an interactive movie than a 'game' albeit with longer interactive moments - for examble combat and traversing the environment. I know that for some this will not be an issue as we have seen things like Tell Tales serialised games be very successful and critically acclaimed. For me personally though, I like to be able to jump straight in and game. I also prefer to get better 'value' (by value I refer to the cost per hour) as I can't afford or justify spending that much for a few hours worth of entertainment.

As this has no MP or co-op type mode, there is no reason for me to buy this at this point in time or price. Obviously if it had an MP then I would potentially have bought it around launch as I don't like being so far behind others when I play. As the story and experience will be the same whether I buy now at full price or wait until the inevitable price drop, I am certainly prepared to wait until it drops to a 'value' I feel I can justify.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Faruko

Watching some streams...

it doesnt look THAT bad but its still meh, i dont know, too many QTEs it seems and the gameplay seems by the numbers, the story seems cool.

The one thing i noticed... holy moly the amount of screen tearing its HUGE

I might get it at the sign of a good deal but not now, especially considering how many games are coming

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.