Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Looks Set to Root Down on PS4

Lettuce know when it's coming out

Microsoft may have sprayed weed killer on the PlayStation 4 last year, but that doesn’t appear to be preventing Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare from blossoming on Sony’s next-gen machine. With the Redmond-based manufacturer’s timed exclusivity window seemingly up, EA Games is currently teasing the strange competitive shooter for the Japanese giant’s device.

While the Twitter hint isn’t explicit, it shows an adapted version of PlayStation exclusive Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time’s box art, with the headline ‘Fly Shooter’ and the tagline ‘Shooter’s Just Got Weird’. In the light fingered raccoon’s place is a picture of one of developer PopCap’s famous weeds, while the company’s logo is included to the bottom right of the image.

Given that the title originally released on the Xbox One and Xbox 360, we reckon that it’s safe to assume that it will plant itself on the PS4 and PS3. Of course, exactly when the publisher will sow its seeds remains to be seen, but we think that summer looks like a good slot. Are your leaves quivering over this tidbit? Remain evergreen in the comments section below.

[via twitter.com]

Sonicfan11589

Sonicfan11589 said:

I too am excited for this, this looks like a fun game, now i wish Dead Rising 3 would come to PS4.

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

I'm sure nobody at Microsoft plant for this to happen. I mean, seeing games that have bean exclusive to Xbox to leaf for other platforms? But what can you do if other gamers root for this game as well? Guess MS was barking up the wrong tree? But they still have enough green, so they should be good, I think.

Remember, though, this is just a rumor we heard through the grapevine.

Alright, I'll stop now.

TOMBOY25

TOMBOY25 said:

i encourage everyone to buy this its the only game i still own on my xbox one and by far the best exclusive on it...........well was.

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

I played a bit of this on my friends Xbox One and I must say the Peashooter is far to OP compared to every other plant class.
OT: This will probably come out pretty soon as I have a feeling the PS4 version was finished around the sametime as the Xbone version.

bbq_boy

bbq_boy said:

Great nice to see that game on ps4. Wonder what other xbox exclusives will be moving to playstation. A 1080p/60fps of titanfall with single player story would be very nice ^^

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

This used to be one of my most anticipated Xbox One titles. Until I found out it had no offline single player campaign. Then my interest went right out the window.