PS Vita Slim Ventures Stateside in Borderlands 2 Bundle

Pandora's portable

It may have received the most muted launch in console history here in Europe last week, but the PlayStation Vita Slim is shuffling overseas this Spring. The creatively dubbed PCH-2000 model will be available in North America for $199.99, and will launch as part of a Borderlands 2 bundle featuring the fairly recently revealed handheld port of the game.

For those out of the loop, the revised system is roughly 20 per cent slimmer than its current counterpart, and includes 1GB of onboard storage in addition to a slightly beefier battery life. Unfortunately, it lacks the original model’s OLED screen, meaning that colours don’t quite pop as vibrantly as on the previous device.

However, it’s not entirely clear whether the platform holder intends to phase out the existing model when its successor arrives, or sell them both concurrently. In the UK, the company has opted to completely rundown stock of the inaugural unit, but there’s no guarantee that’ll happen overseas. Whatever the case, we recommend picking up the first edition if you’re on the fence.

Update: As detailed on the PlayStation Blog, the abovementioned Borderlands 2 bundle will also come with an 8GB memory stick to sweeten the deal.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

Haha, you forgot Sly cooper, God of war and murasaki baby got a release date as well . All in fall ( Relaunch vita)

OT: The Americans will love this! A big shooter galore on a handheld :D I hope we will see some gameplay! Same goes for GOW collection

Cyrso

Cyrso said:

They need to try to get Minecraft out ASAP on the Vita (believe me, that game will sell a ton of Vitas if they promote it properly and assuming it's good port) and make a bundle with that game.

And hopefully they'll announce localization for Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice: Delta. And if they announce Gravity Rush 2 on top off that (but they'll save that one for a bigger event), then 2014 is looking great for the Vita.

Upcoming weeks are already looking great for the Vita with Ys Memories of Celceta (EU), TxK, Toukiden: Age of Demons, Danganronpa, Borderlands 2, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Demon Gaze, God of War Collection, Sly Collection. Not to mention all those indie games of course. :)

Jo_Jo718

Jo_Jo718 said:

I hope they announce Gravity Rush 2 and Freedom Wars for america soon!!
that and a release date for Murasaki Baby, Oddworld and Hohokum, because I've already conquered God of War and I'm pretty skeptical about the Sly Cooper collection after the disaster that was the Jak and Daxter one.

Bad-MuthaAdebisi

Bad-MuthaAdebisi said:

Its a great bundle for the us, whole lot cheaper than UK no surprise there then. It sounds like they're doing a proper job with borderlands but I'm more looking forward to the above mentioned Murasaki and gow collection!

LDXD

LDXD said:

$200 with 8gig card and BL2 seems like a damn good deal to me

AeroZeppelin

AeroZeppelin said:

Man this is comeing out sooner then i expected i love how sony has just been dropping bombs non stop lately

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Borderlands 2 bundle is smart. 8GB Memory card is a nice touch, too. Maybe this won't be a disaster for them?

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

It really needs a re-launch in the US, so good to see them doing something. let's hope this improves sales.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

What day does Borderlands 2 release? I've had it pre ordered on Newegg for a while now... did they give a release date?

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

I played Borderlands 2 on PS3, and think that game is booooring. But it's nice to have so big game on Vita. I mean, this game is like western Monster Hunter, if you ask me. But the thing is, that west prefare to play on consoles. Anyway, hope that framerate will be solid and that they'll made menus for Vita from scratch. What I don't like about multiplat on PSV, developers never care to make type bigger and menus more suitable for PSV. So everything is so smal and eyes can become tired pretty fast.

Lionhart

Lionhart said:

I love the PS Vita and it's such a blessing to see Sony finally pushing the PS Vita in America. It's also good to see that sales of the PS Vita are actually up in the USA. I'm certainly going to pick up Borderlands 2, Conception II, Demon Gaze and Borderlands 2 on the PS Vita and I'm going to buy this new bundle for my sister!

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

Kind of bummed that we aren't getting the dope Camo model, but I'm down for this. I'd say the trade offs for oled are worth it imo.

Sony should really ramp up marketing to piggyback off the PS4 hype and tackle the kids market by showing all the kid friendly games like Sly Cooper.

-CraZed-

-CraZed- said:

This is the one I am going to get. I wanted to stick with getting an original Vita but this BL2 bundle sold me. I love that damned game and I will play it all over again just to get trophies (I played it on PC originally) and this has convinced me to finally jump on the Vita band wagon. With BL2 and the entire catalogue of PS+ plus games I have amassed AND remote play I might not even have time to turn my PS4 on.

Bliquid

Bliquid said:

Great deal, really.
And who knows, maybe Borderlands could be the western Monster Hunter Vita is so desperately trying to have.

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

@italodance Please no! Sorry but i'm the only one hear who hates Bioshock infinite from the start. 1 and 2 ( which is hated by everyone) is so much better. Bioshock without little sisters is just:S ughh

Furthermore, if this is true it would be unplayable on vita since the ps3 version ( When i played it thanks to ps plus) had framedrops...

flummerfelt

flummerfelt said:

This is a pretty good deal, but when I finally do get a vita I really want that OLED screen. Such a bummer that they are dropping it...

readyletsgo

readyletsgo said:

Glob darn it! $199 for the game and memory in the US! I just paid €260 for the slim and 16gb memory :( but I don't care.

I had one a few months back with the oled screen, yeah it's nice but I think I prefer this new cheaper screen, feels more like a proper handheld now than an exclusive piece of tech for fanboys and girls.

Also, hi all, readyletsgo from nintendolife here. Hoping the relaunch works for the vita, some amazing games on it. And the 3DS needs the competition. Looking forward to reading more on here. I promise never to read pureXbox or whatever it's called lol

readyletsgo

readyletsgo said:

Also @pushsquare , are you guys going to do a review of the Vita Slim? I know there is reviews of the Japan slim but wanna read a review here of the Euro/US models if you guys could do it?

-CraZed-

-CraZed- said:

Just preordered the bundle from Amazon. Cannot wait! Good thing inFamous is coming so the wait won't be all that bad. Too good to pass up. Borderlands 2 on the go? Epic!