Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster Will Blitz onto Your Vita in March 2014

Posted by Kell Andersen

The final countdown

Details surrounding the PlayStation Vita version of Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster have been as nebulous and ever-changing as the very fabric of time. The remake was announced eons ago, and we essentially haven't heard a thing about it since. However, a recent post on the PlayStation Blog has revealed that, contrary to popular belief, the handheld port does in fact exist, and will be releasing in tandem with the console edition's Western launch on 18th March in North America and 21st March in Europe. That is, of course, assuming that it doesn't get delayed again.

The post also reveals that the two regions will be getting separate special editions of the game. The American version will come with a 40-page art book, interactive soundtrack, and lithographs of iconic moments from the game. Europe, on the other hand, will have to be content with just a 48-page art book. Here's hoping that those extra eight pages are worth it. Are you excited for this gorgeous remake, or does the thought of Tidus whining for forty hours make you want to rip your perfectly styled hair out? March into the comments section below.

[via blog.us.playstation.com, blog.eu.playstation.com]

Related Games

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

Final Fantasy X is the last Final Fantasy I played and it was fantastic, so I'm very excited about this remake. I think it's a perfect fit for the Vita, which is why that's the version I'll be picking up when it hits shelves.

k_andersenStaff

k_andersen said:

@BornOfEvil I totally agree about it being a perfect fit for Vita. Although I'm starting to realise that I think that about almost all games......

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

Buying both the vita and ps3 version. Ps vita because i want to take it on the go. Ps3 for the artbook

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

Im a little torn to be honest. It would depend on how well the Vita version has been ported. FFX colourful art would look great on the Vita but if there's been been some trade-offs like we had with the MGS HD collection then I may just go with the Ps3 version

tonyp1987

tonyp1987 said:

@MadchesterManc I have the mgs hd for vita and I really didnt notice anything bad it had no frame rate issues and it ran smooth. I beat both games on the vita . I think that ffx/ffx-2 are gonna be fine on the vita maybe this why it took this long to come out to work out all the bugs

rjejr

rjejr said:

Have both KH and FF remasters been delayed alot, or am I just getting them confused more than I think? I'ld still like to replay both originals in HD, KH and FFX, but I hated* both the sequels.

*FFX-2 was a total disaster, I just disliked KH2, probably b/c I skipped the handheld version that connected the 2 stories, I averaged it out to hating them both.

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

@rjejr kh2 isn't influenced much by the handheld. I personally loved 2 without playing chain of memories. They do a good job of summarizing it.

That said, kh 1.5 remix wasn't delayed... It's been out since September. Ffx hd has been pushed several times.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Best news I've heard all week. FINALLY... Not much coming to Vita, but this is one I've been waiting for quite a while. Will be pre ordering both X and X-2 for Vita the day it's listed. I was having my doubts this would even make it to the west on Vita, so it's nice to breath that sigh of relief now.

I'm all for ports to Vita personally. As long as I haven't played the game before, it's like a new release for me, and usually an iconic game at that (most ports are of great games- nobody bothers porting mediocre titles). So as long as they can keep the ports of great games coming, I probably won't be too bothered about the lack of new releases.

This spring is going to be slammin! Between Final Fantasy X and X-2 on Vita and Bravely Default: Flying Fairy on 3DS, I'm gonna be doing some serious Square Enix grinding on handhelds!