Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster Dries Its Eyes Until March

Busy playing blitzball

Japan may be psyching itself for a festive return to Spira, but the long overdue Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster will not deploy in Europe until 21st March. The PlayStation 3 remake – which was announced right around the time of the Ice Age – collates Square Enix’s popular PlayStation 2 role-playing games, and spruces them up with a coat of high-definition polish. To be fair, we’ve had some eyes-on time with this, and it does look stunning.

There’s no word on whether the PlayStation Vita version will make its way overseas, but given the publisher’s silence, we’re going to assume that it’s off the agenda for now. If March seems like an eternity away, then you can check out some extended gameplay footage courtesy of the video embedded below. Whining characters aside, it does look good, doesn’t it?

divinelite

divinelite said:

Worst news in this "happy" week
Now that I envy those who had ps4, I must envy those who get ps3 ffx/2 too??
Vita, why are you so forgetable...

k_andersenStaff

k_andersen said:

This is a damn shame. I haven't played Final Fantasy X in so long, I was really looking forward to taking it for another spin. I guess Lightning Returns will have to Tidus over.

ZeD

ZeD said:

Why no Vita version? Seems like a missed market. RPG on the go is perfect :/

divinelite

divinelite said:

anyway, for a glint of hope, there is vita version on the trailer

and hope SE READ the ps blog, there is so little comments without "where is Vita version" throughout the page

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

This is a joke. How... HOW does it take this long to develop and release an HD remaster? Oh, and no Vita version just ruins the deal, I'm afraid.

JavierYHL

JavierYHL said:

i wait for so long to play this...now its gona come in march and there may not be a vita version also...

rjejr

rjejr said:

I thought this came out like 3 months ago. I remember debating buying X separetly on PSN b/c X-2 is the worst JRPG I've ever played or just sucking it up and getting both on disc like I always do. March 2014 huh. On last gen PS3? Maybe Ill just pass completely.

dudey300Staff

dudey300 said:

COME, ANIMA! Whoop! It may seem like ages away, but I'm pretty glad it's not out until March. With A Link Between Worlds and Tearaway this week, and Super Mario 3D World, Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus and Scribblenauts Unlimited coming my way for Christmas, I'll be pretty busy. Not to mention trying to finish GTA V and Pokémon Y. Such is life! ;)

artemisthemp

artemisthemp said:

I hope Vita version won't get delay to must, if ad all.

I guess the March launch means no Summoner Garb in Lightning Returns...

HeroOfCybertron

HeroOfCybertron said:

They guy who posted the article about FF IX/IX 2 remasters on the official Playstation blog said the Vita versions are still coming they just weren't ready to reveal any info about them yet and that the PS3 version will also be on the PSN as well as retail.