Wait, You Can Use the PS4 Controller on the Xbox 360?

Cross controller

Sony’s new input device may only be partially compatible with the PlayStation 3, but you can fully use the DualShock 4 on the Xbox 360, assuming that you’re willing to jump through a few technical hoops. With the PlayStation 4’s revamped controller already out in the wild, consumers have been testing out the peripheral in a variety of situations – but the footage embedded below is particularly interesting.

According to YouTube user RageBeefSA, a combination of “JoyToKey, a Cronus Device, and Cronus Bullseye software” were used to get Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 running with the controller on Microsoft’s machine. Previously, the platform holder confirmed that the DualShock 4 will work with PCs for basic functions, suggesting that the company’s keen to make its overhauled pad the primary choice for all gamers moving forwards.

[via youtube.com, uk.ign.com]

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

The only thing (other than Microsoft's appalling attitude towards its consumers) that stopped me using Xbox was my hatred of the controller....if I can use the awesome looking Duel shock 4 with the MS VCR lookalike this could lead to an increased chance of me owning an Xbox. Maybe. But probably not :p

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

I dont know if I would want to do that. I have always prefered Xbox's controllers over Playstation's but that's just me.

eLarkos

eLarkos said:

Does anyone know if the DS4 is Bluetooth or another wireless tech like xbox360 controllers?

Ali247

Ali247 said:

Is it worth it to get the ds4 from my local gamestop to try on my Xbox 360

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Sanquine - That might just be the most disturbing thing I've ever. I can imagine it appearing in South Park.

"a combination of “JoyToKey, a Cronus Device, and Cronus Bullseye software”"

So only MacGyver can get this to work?

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

@rjejr Dude, when i came across this i laughed so hard but on the other hand i was totally disgusted by the image

@ Sammy ^^

@Charlesnarles Skyrim? It's a long time ago that i played that game..

Savino

Savino said:

@Sanquine thanks!
After seeing Jim Sterling faking sex with a doll this is perfect to close my day and give me nightmares!

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@Sanquine
I like Valves controller. Looks awesome and I'm definitely game for a new input method. Don't think it'll work for every type of game out there, but certainly for some.

DoublezZ01

DoublezZ01 said:

So basically my favorite controller doesnt believe in being racist towards other consoles and machines!!! XD Sweet!!! Must be another sony surprise!!! Share button for in game footage, (share button free) shares itself with other gaming machines!!! Bravo soony!!! lol