Expect Plenty More PlayStation 4 Announcements at GamesCom

Sony teases impending information

The season of industry events and press conferences is only just getting started. Last month’s E3 was more or less the dress rehearsal for GamesCom, Tokyo Game Show, PAX, and the Eurogamer Expo – and unsurprisingly, there’s still plenty of information about the PlayStation 4 to be revealed in the run up to launch.

Chatting with TechRadar, SCEUK executive Fergal Gara hinted that the impending console will have a big presence at next month’s show in Cologne. “There's more to be revealed around services and what else is going to come with the package when it launches, as well as what people can expect [in the future],” he told the site. “We'll go into more detail about that probably around about GamesCom time.”

Are there any announcements in particular that you’re keeping your fingers crossed for? As always, let us know in the comments section below.

[via techradar.com]

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

Uncharted 4 is chief among my desires. I'm also hoping for new T rated IP like Sony has done with Uncharted and inFamous. It's not too unlikely with all the new IPs they're bringing out in the first year either.

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

@Jaz007

Isn't the order a T rated game

Well Sony WWS has said 20 excusives in the first year, I'd like a mix of new IP, sequels, and revivals of old franchises.

New IP

18.
19.
20.

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

@Jaz007

I just checked and it hasn't been given a rating yet. I could have sworn that the game was going to be rated T

Still don't fret when it comes to Ratings Sony is far more balanced at having games for everyage demographic than NIntendo (mostly E and T) and Microsoft (Mostly T and M)

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

@DisasterStruck I can't get M rated games and I don't like the vulgar content some of them have myself. I like the kind of games that get rated M so thats why I want some more T rated games from Sony. It can be quite frustrating sometimes to see so many games get the M rating.

RaymanFan2

RaymanFan2 said:

Something from Naughty Dog, I don't care what it is (Uncharted 4, TLoU DLC info/sequel, new IP, Jak 4)
If I get that, then I'm good. And it will no doubt mean I put down a pre-order for PS4.

RaymanFan2

RaymanFan2 said:

@Jaz007 That's an... odd situation you're in there.
Nothing wrong with not being 18, though. Assuming that's what you meant.

DHW

DHW said:

Hoping for a new Ratchet like Tools of Destruction or Crack in Time. Those were amazing.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

@RaymanFan2 I think a lot of people are or have been in that position; but be it overbearing parents (like me) or your personal morals etc, it definitely sucks to miss out on, say, MGS2 releasing when you're only 12 (like me). It's tricky to balance selling Mario and Resident Evil on the same system, let alone having several systems available to chose from. Now that I am over 16, tho, any game downgraded to T violence-wise just seems thin. I didn't enjoy seeing Citra's boobies in Far Cry 3 or Ashley in Mass Effect (2?); that was over the line of what type of vulgarity I'm buying for my brain to assimilate. Daggerfall had lots of nudity but it was at least going for a culture-shock reaction to enhance the surrealism of the environment, but today it's like it's just to see a boob. Violence and gore are much less immoral than getting drugged and raped by a naked main character, so they just need the AO rating to come back.

BlueProxy

BlueProxy said:

Unannounced, unique indy games. More details/gameplay footage of Deep Down, The Last Guardian, The Order, and Transistor. Something really slick about what they're using Gaikai company and tech for. Blow our minds with Shadow of the Colossus 2.