PS4 Pre-Orders Just Behind Xbox One at Amazon UK

The battle begins

It looks like Microsoft’s confusing DRM policies have done nothing to deter the casual consumer, as Amazon.co.uk has confirmed that the Xbox One is currently winning the battle for platform pre-orders – but only just. According to the online retailer, the next generation system has been added to 2.3 per cent more baskets than the PlayStation 4 – but that number’s likely to change over the coming days.

“It’s not clear yet which of the two [consoles] will have the edge when they launch later this year – what’s certain, though, is that fans are already excited about how the next generation of consoles will change the world of gaming and home entertainment,” said an enthusiastic Xavier Garambois, vice president of Amazon Europe.

Ketu Patel, head of video games at Amazon UK, added: “Both the Xbox One and PS4 are set to have a huge impact, not just in terms of cutting edge games, but also as part of the way in which families enjoy home entertainment. It will be fascinating to see how the battle between the two console giants develops over the coming months – the fight for who’s going to be the must-have Christmas present is only just beginning.”

Sony still hasn’t actually committed to a 2013 launch window for the PS4 in Europe, but a delay is looking less and less likely. We’re set to get our first glimpse at the console during the company’s press conference later this evening. Have you pre-ordered either system yet? Let us know in the comments section below.

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

This is good. The xbox dominated the Uk before;) So with such a small headstart:D

rjejr

rjejr said:

Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!

Sorry, had to get that out of my system, my head was going to explode.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

It worries me that Xbox is doing well ANYWHERE. Why do I keep underestimating the stupidity of man? :(

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

@DeHorror1975 People buy what they're told to buy. They'er sheep. Seven out of ten video game adverts here have Xbox at the end of them. I've seen more Wii U adverts this year (of which there's been hardly any) than PS3/Vita ones. Sony need to sort that out for PS4.

Xbox One is out in November. $499, £429, 499 Euros.

Shameless plug, see how bored I was during the Xbox One show I wrote it all up: http://www.pushsquare.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=7564#p7564

DeHorror1975

DeHorror1975 said:

@rastamadeus
I totally agree. All these people complaining about xbox this, xbox that, but in reality they were going to buy the xbox one no matter what. Mark my words, all micro will have to do is announce halo..mark my words.

artemisthemp

artemisthemp said:

€499 for Console and looks like €59.99 for renting a game (that's what Xbox One game is).

Let's say Sony deliver a great Conference and announce PS4 to launch in November (pretty must confirm by Ubi) and only €399 or less.
Then I think most will go with PS4

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@artemisthemp

I'm not so sure of that, even with the $500 price tag the Xbox One is a casual buyer's dream console. Until they set it up and realize what a damn pain in the a$$ it is to use. By then, too late, MS already has their money.

LDXD

LDXD said:

Wow I didn't know that the movie idiocracy was based on a true story