Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 281 to 300 of 1,585

Tasuki

@KratosMD: Nope. Europe never got the SNES version. They only got the GBA and PSONE release. I am not sure if it's on the Wii or Wii U in Europe. You can also play it other ways but, I can't discuss the ways here.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

WiiWareWave

I got a massive haul for my PS3!

PS3 (Retail).
Star Ocean: The Last Hope: International.

PS3 (Retail).
White Knight Chronicles: International.

PS3 (Retail).
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix.

PS3 (Retail).
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster.

PS3 (Retail).
Final Fantasy XIII.

PS3 (Retail).
Valkyria Chronicles.

PS3 (Retail).
Ragnarok Odyssey ACE.

All of that for just over $100 new with two-day Prime shipping at Amazon!

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

WiiWareWave

I just got more games thanks to receiving more Holiday money from family! Here's my latest haul!

Wii U (Virtual Console).
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii).

Wii U (Virtual Console).
Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii).

PS3 (Retail).
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel.

PS3 (Retail).
Final Fantasy XIII-2.

PS3 (Retail).
Gran Turismo 6.

@Feena What do you think of my latest haul?

RR529

Hitman: GO (Android)

Got it on sale for $1, just like Lara Croft: GO & Castle of Illusion: Starring Mickey Mouse (both of which I've already completed).

I've only just started it, but I'm already hooked. It has the same quick to pick up puzzle gameplay as Lara Croft: GO, but I can already tell it has it's own unique elements (like multiple ways to complete a level). The board game like art direction looks cool, and I'm glad it lets me experience a series in a form that I find more appealing (I don't turn my nose up at Mature games, but I generally prefer less gory games).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Nei

@Rukiafan7: Wow nice loot there! I actually played all of them except trails of cold steel (that I probably would like, loved trails in the sky...). FF13-2 is very nice gameplay wise, the story is a terrible mess and Serah and Noel are very weak characters imho but the game still makes you love it with its battle system, music, monster capture etc. Skyward sword is a strange game...iit's like they wanted to change the zelda formula but they didn't...and you notice it. It tries to be different but ends up being the (awesome) post Ocarina zelda we know and love.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

WiiWareWave

@Feena: Thanks, it's a shame that my pooptastic wi-fi constantly cuts out, because as a result I can't download the 22 0.8-1.5 GB patches for Gran Turismo 6 which means I'm stuck with the vanilla version of the game which is missing over 100 cars including awesome conceptual ones, several tracks and a ton of events, as well as features such as the track editor and online play...Cries Quietly In The Corner...

RR529

Senran Kagura Burst (3DS)

Wanted to try this out for awhile, and finally got the chance to download it. I'm not too far in yet, but it's tons of fun. It's awesome stringing toether combos with hundreds of hits (I think I even hit a 900 hit combo once), and trying out all the different characters.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Gamer83

Halo: Spartan Assault and Halo: Spartan Strike both for PC.

Gamer83

Hego

Just bought a 64gb memory card for my Vita, part of my master plan to make a dent in the backlog I have on the system! Damn thing was expensive though

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

Rudy_Manchego

I managed to buy a second hand PSP for under £15 with a couple of games. Mainly for my old console collection but also to play a few old games and UMD's (a few places near me are selling UMD movies for 50p) plus to let my daughter play on. She is wanting my Vita all the time and I thought she could put some cheap films and games.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

crippyd

@KratosMD those are good prices, I'm tempted by both games but I'm trying to hold off buying anything as my backlog is massive and it just isn't going down.

crippyd

Tasuki

Zelda Breath of the Wild on Wii U. My first new Wii U game I bought since Smash Bros. release day. Goodbye life.

My Backlog

FullbringIchigo

Zelda for Wii U,i didn't see the point in getting a Switch for just 1 game although i will get one sometime this year

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RR529

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (3DS), which I have been absolutely engrossed with. Just reached the town of Ortustk.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

WiiWareWave

Zelda BoTW...and I'm not impressed. First of all it doesn't feel like a Zelda game. The closest comparison I can make is Skyrim meets Zelda except Zelda BoTW is incredibly shallow compared to Skyrim. It's a decent game, but if this is the new gameplay formula of the series then Zelda is no longer a system seller for me, which makes it even harder for me to justify purchasing any of Nintendo's future hardware...

Ralizah

I got a Switch and BotW at launch. AMAZING system so far, and the game itself is easily the new standard for what open-world adventures should aspire to. Nintendo has outdone itself with this game, and it will be very hard to go back to past Zeldas after this.

Also nabbed Fast RMX, which I wasn't hugely fond of at first (controls don't feel as tight as F-Zero, but they're thankfully much less floaty than Wipeout). I don't care for the huge emphasis on boosting and the relative inability to take short-cuts. It does have some pretty neat courses, though, and I'm warming up to it as I become more comfortable with the controls (another thing I didn't really like about it at first). If nothing else, the game looks nice, especially on a TV in 1080p, and it has a crazy amount of content for a $20 budget racer.

Also recently downloaded Blaster Master Zero, which is actually a lot of fun, even if the writing is terrible (it's terrible in an old video game way, at least, so it has some level of charm to it).

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

SilentJ

I got the Zelda BotW special edition. Now I just need to get a switch.

PSN ID : MrPink78

Gamer83

Switch, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Blaster Master Zero and a pre-order on Super Mario Odyssey

Gamer83

Tasuki

Picked up Super Mario Run yesterday on my Samsung Galaxy Note. So far it's pretty fun and I am enjoying it, I just wish it didn't suck up so much of my battery which is one reason I don't play mobile games too often.

My Backlog

themcnoisy

Picked up a new wii remote.

Going back to the wii I understand why it was just a fad, the motion controls are decent but the pointer is very bad. Any shooting games are a lesson in frustration and playing Mario Galaxy which is a great game is ruined by the pointer controls.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic