Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 301 to 320 of 1,585

themcnoisy

@KratosMD Disagree the pointer Is rubbish. It's not accurate and the place you point at to get the icon on screen changes hyperactivly. I have 2 sensor bars and have moved them around both above and below my TV, swapped them etc and it's just not usable accurately for any length of time. Collecting the star bits is so annoying, I recall why I never finished the game the controls are debilitating.

I've also scored over 100 on table tennis on wii play so it's not that I'm bad with the controls, they are just so annoying.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD I found Resi Evil 4 infinitely easier on the Wii port then on the Gamecube when I first played it due to the motion controllers. I also liked slashing with the knife. It is the main reason I still have my Wii (and that I have GC games and controller on it still!).

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Ralizah

I found Resi 4 almost impossible to play with pointer controls, for some reasons. Just felt very... alien to me.

Also, Super Mario Galaxy has perfect controls. What even!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

themcnoisy

@KratosMD @Ralizah @Rudy_Manchego maybe it's just me, but I can't stand the fact I have to point at the screen when all I want to do is relax on my sofa.

Ralizah

@themcnoisy When playing it, try relaxing and only pointing at the screen when you need to. Aside from going to new galaxies and collecting/shooting star bits, pointer controls aren't used too much. That's how I play, and believe me, I DETEST Wiimotes and having to point at a screen constantly when playing a game.

Not sure why I don't have an issue with having to waggle to spin Mario. Maybe it's because of how responsive it feels.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Tasuki

@themcnoisy I agree with ya man. The last thing I want to do after a days work is jump around waving a controller like an idiot. I want to just sit down with a cold beer in on hand and a normal freakin controller in the other.

With that said though, I will say I enjoyed Resident Evil 4 and Star Wars Force Unleashed on the Wii much more then their 360/PS3 counterparts due to the motion controlls. I mean using the Wiimote to force choke your enemies as Vader, who wouldn't enjoy that.

Anyway guys let's not derail this thread anymore with discussions on motion controlls.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

WiiWareWave

I just got the Ratchet & Clank Collection, Record of Agarest War 2, Disgaea Triple Play Collection, and Tales of Zestiria for the PS3!

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

themcnoisy

@Rukiafan7 'Disgaea Triple Play Collection'

What is that? I love disgaea never heard of that collection though.

WiiWareWave

It's a collection on PS3 that has Disgaea D2, Disgaea 3, and Disgaea 4 on one triple-layered disc. Yes triple layered disc, seems rather pointless since it'd all fit on a single layered disc lol! xP

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

RR529

@Reanfan7, regarding the town name in DQVIII (3DS), I probably just misspelled it (it's the town in the snowy region).

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

DiddyWahDiddy

Sorry but that sort of thing is not allowed to be discussed here I am afraid. Thanks for understanding -Tasuki-

Edited on by Tasuki

DiddyWahDiddy

PSN: DiddyWaDiddy

Fight_Teza_Fight

The Amazon man just dropped of a little bit of my childhood:

-Purple Game Boy Color with Pokemon Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Also ordered a copy of Pokemon Yellow, which is yet to arrive

I don't know if this counts as 'retro'- it is a Legacy system, but I bought another PSVita.
It is the original 1000 model. I do love my slim but the OLED screen is beautiful.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

RR529

The Pinball Arcade: Underground (Android) - A special version of TPA that's only available on the Amazon Underground appstore. It only has the season 1 tables, but they're all free (it's part of a larger program on Amazon's app store, where they offer various premium apps for free, and Amazon pays up in your stead, in an attempt to draw in users)

In terms of tables, I've played some Black Hole (High Score 1,500,000) & Attack From Mars (High Score 7 Billion).

I've also went back to Zen Pinball (Android) and picked up some of the Alien tables since they were on sale.

In terms of new tables, I got Aliens (High Score 63 Million) & Alien: Isolation (High Score 15 Million), but I also got a new high score on a table I already had, South Park: Super Sweet Pinball (High Score 128 Million).

So yeah, on a bit of a pinball kick.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

DerMeister

Ever since I've gotten a job, I've been buying stuff left & right. Here's what I got in the past two months-

-Final Fantasy VII (PS1 classic on PS3)
-WipEout HD Fury (PS3)
-Mortal Kombat Komplete (PS3)
-Heavenly Sword (PS3)
-500 GB super slim PS3 to replace my dying 150 GB slim
-Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3)
-Batman Arkham Origins (PS3)
-Bioshock (PS3)
-Ratchet & Clank Into The Nexus (PS3)
-God of War Saga (PS3)
-Sonic Colors (Wii)
-Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)

Can't say I've got nothing to do.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Gamer83

Ultra Street Fighter II

Gamer83

Rudy_Manchego

Sigh so my retro gaming weekend is not going well. The second hand PS3 I bought works but has been banned at console level by Sony because clearly the last owner was naughty. Then the replacement official PS2 controller I bought literally fell to pieces in my hand

Luckily I bought them via Cex so should get replacement or refunds (though slightly concerned they may not accept the PS3 just because it is blocked, however I will fight that). All in all, along with ill children, shaping up to be a pretty poo father's day. Sigh.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic