Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 261 to 280 of 1,585

WiiWareWave

@Tasuki: My dad has a NA copy of the game's beta. Perhaps I could work something out and send it your way?
He was a game-tester for a few years in case you were wondering why he'd have a beta of a Dreamcast game. By the way was Shenmue 2 officially released on the Dreamcast in NA?

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Tasuki

@Rukiafan7: No Shenmue 2 was never released on the Dreamcast in NA, it was only released on Xbox. Which don't get me wrong I could play since I have an Xbox but I am one of those people that like to have the entire series on then same console if I can.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

So first night at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo I find this for $5

Untitled

Needless to say I am a happy man!!

My Backlog

Anchorsam_9

Picked up Mafia 2 recently and I've really been enjoying it. It's not polished, but it has tons of personality - you have to drive according to speed limits and traffic rules, for example, which doesn't sound fun at all but is actually pretty enjoyable.

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

crippyd

@KratosMD I've got both those games, tbh I'm surprised you couldn't get them cheaper than that, I would expect to not pay more than £5 each here in the UK (currently about 6.50 Euro).

crippyd

crippyd

@KratosMD fair play, I hope you enjoy both those games. I've not had much play on Star Wars but I've got about 130 hours on Dark Souls and enjoyed it immensely.

crippyd

WiiWareWave

This is my latest haul!

PS3 (Retail).
Devil May Cry HD Collection.

PS3 (Retail).
Final Fantasy XIII-2.

PS3 (Retail).
Tales of Graces F.

PS3 (PS2 Classic).
La Pucelle: Tactics.

PS3 (PS2 Classic).
Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories.

PS3 (PS2 Classic).
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4.

What do you all think of my latest purchases?

Edited on by WiiWareWave

RR529

Assassin's Creed III (360). This is my first experience with the series, and I chose it because we don't have many decent games (or many games in general) set during the Revolutionary War.

I've had a few issues, such as it freezing up 3 times trying to load up this one cutscene, but I'm having fun getting used to the gameplay, climbing all over colonial Boston.

Think I need to get a different set of batteries though, as the cheap pair I bought at the Dollar Tree aren't doing it. For some reason the controller automatically shuts off whenever I fire a firearm, whenever I'm hit by any attack, or whenever it loads up the next wave of enemies (this is annoying because the game doesn't auto pause when the controller loses connection). It only does this in missions too. When just free roaming the city I don't have issues.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

WiiWareWave

My latest haul is spectacular!

PS3 (Retail).
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Victory.

PS3 (PSOne Classic).
The Legend of Dragoon.

PS3 (PSOne Classic).
Final Fantasy VII.

PS3 (PSOne Classic).
Chrono Cross.

PS3 (PSOne Classic).
Persona 2.

PS3 (PSOne Classic).
Megaman Legends.

PS3 (PSOne Classic).
Megaman Legends 2.

PS3 (PSOne Classic).
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne.

PS3 (PS2 Classic).
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3: FES.

PS3 (PS2 Classic).
Gradius V.

What do you guys think of the new additions to my collection?

RR529

Lara Croft: GO (Android)

I had a little over a Dollar left over on my Google Play account, this was on sale for 99¢, and I've never played anything Tomb Raider related before so I figured what the heck.

Haven't played it much yet, but I'm impressed so far. It's a level based puzzle game that sees you traversing through ruins, avoiding/deactivating traps, avoiding/defeating enemies, and collecting treasure (optional) along the way.

It has a more colorful art direction that I'm enjoying (and it looks like they actually put care into it), and it controls just fine as it was built for the platform.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

KratosMD wrote:

@RR529: Those games seem to be hugely underrated. I just recently got into the Hitman games (also made by Square Enix, the same that do Tomb Raider) and found out that there's a smartphone game called Hitman GO (which is also on PS4 and Vita) which looks really fun and stays true to the Hitman formula. They seem to know what they're doing when translating their huge franchises into smaller smartphone games.

Yeah, it was really fun. I worked my way through the main story ruins (including getting all relics), and had started working on the extra area (the cave of fire, or something like that), but I haven't been able to complete it because I ran into a game breaking glitch.

Apparently the button to connect it to your Google Play Games account doesn't work, and trying to do so will cause the game to fail to load up the main menu (this problem persists even after restarting my tablet, and clearing the game's cache).

I sent an email to the support team, but other player reviews who have encountered the glitch have said SE have known about it, and haven't fixed it yet (the earliest review I saw mentioning the glitch was written in August, and they've only updated the game once since then, in September, and it didn't fix it).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

WiiWareWave

Here's my latest haul!

Hardware
PSP 3000 ($19.99).

PSP (Retail).
Star Ocean: First Departure ($4.99).

PSP (Retail).
Star Ocean: Second Evolution ($4.99).

PSP (Retail).
Mana Khemia ($4.99).

PSP (Retail).
Little Big Planet ($4.99).

Got all of that at Fry's Electronics this weekend! They're liquidating their supply of PSP and PS2 products so if they happen to have any left at your local stores this is your last chance to purchase them!

WiiWareWave

PS3 (Retail).
Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

PS3 (Retail).
Modnation Racers.

PS3 (Retail).
Falling Skies: The Game.

That's it for me until my Christmas haul of games!

WiiWareWave

Woohoo! I found a copy of Sword Art Online: Lost Song Southeast Asia English Subbed Version for the PS3 on Amazon last weekend and snatched myself up a copy. I never thought that it'd ever be back in stock at Amazon! It set me back $49.99, but because I have Prime it only took three days to arrive! ^_^

Tasuki

@KratosMD: Not sure if you know this, but the series isn't connected but for a few titles like FF X and X-2. Most of them are stand alones.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@KratosMD: Ah understandable. Definitely make sure you get Final Fantasy VI. Quite possiblely the best game in the series. Though if you get it get it on GBA, SNES, Wii or Wii U VC (the last 3 it's known as Final Fantasy III). It was ported to the PSONE but the load times are horrible.

My Backlog

Kidfried

Just finished Heavy Rain. I loved the game, but what struck me the most was that Telltale's The Walking Dead is bascally a copy-paste of this game. Made me realize that Heavy Rain was way more influential than people often give it credit for.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic