Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 161 to 180 of 7,479

johncalmc

I'll catch it tomorrow at work. I'm not staying up till 6am or 7am for it.

I'm interested to see what it's all about though. And especially to see if Nintendo can keep the good buzz they got after the reveal trailer. Is there gonna be any bad news that will turn people off?

johncalmc

Twitter:

Splat

$299 is the confirmed price in the US. I'm not sure for EU...

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Tasuki

So Nintendo fans will now be like PS and Xbox owners, paid online and no region locking.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Splat

Tasuki wrote:

So Nintendo fans will now be like PS and Xbox owners, paid online and no region locking.

I can't wait for die hard Nintendo fans to try and spin how paying for online is a good thing.

WanderingBullet

Not impress with the first two games shown so far… :/

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Tasuki

Splat wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

I can't wait for die hard Nintendo fans to try and spin how paying for online is a good thing.

I welcome it. I need a good laugh.

My Backlog

Splat

Way too much focus on the 1-2 Switch stuff.

WanderingBullet

Started off a bit slow but seeing some pretty interesting games now… they're getting some good third party support like possibly a Yakuza game as well as a Suda51 game.

Edit: Looks like Toshihiro Nagoshi will be working on a new game all together for the Switch.

Legend of Zelda's a launch title.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Splat

Zelda looked freaking amazing. The rest of the show did nothing for me.

Edited on by Splat

WanderingBullet

No Monster Hunter, and it's the only game that would've gotten me remotely interested in getting the Switch.

Edit: Suda51 is working on a new No More Heroes game for the Switch.

Splat

WanderingBullet wrote:

No Monster Hunter, and it's the only game that would've gotten me remotely interested in getting the Switch.

Yep. Would have have been day one for me.

Tasuki

The only game that I want as of now is Zelda, but I have a Wii U so there's no need for me to get a Switch now. However if their third party support is still as strong a year from launch I may get it. Having Fallout 4 on the go and Madden, heck yes.

My Backlog

Splat

Tasuki wrote:

The only game that I want as of now is Zelda, but I have a Wii U so there's no need for me to get a Switch now. However if their third party support is still as strong a year from launch I may get it. Having Fallout 4 on the go and Madden, heck yes.

My problem is that I don't game on the go. I also would prefer to play third party games on PS4 since more and more games are getting the PS4 Pro treatment. I will probably cave and get one just for Zelda but probably not day one.

get2sammyb

What a bizarre press conference that was. I can't believe they pulled out Nagoshi and Suda51 when they're not even working on anything yet. Software support was even poorer than I anticipated. Most of the announcements were for games that are just starting development.

I dunno. I still think this thing will sing in Japan, but it's got a hard road ahead outside of enthusiasts in the West.

Gamer83

I decided two things after that conference. First, and this is good news, imo, I'm convinced the Switch will be a good console to own, more than I could say about Wii U at any point, but while I don't think $300 is outrageous, it is a bit more than I anticipated and the lineup isn't so strong that i have to get the system day one. Going to wait and see if MS hits it out of the park with Scorpio. Shaping up to be a very interesting year though. MS and Nintendo on the hardware front and with the PSVR and PS4 Pro out of the way Sony is just focused on delivering a killer lineup.

Gamer83

Octane

Mario and Zelda were the best parts, but Mario is holiday 2017 and Zelda is also on Wii U. No need to pre-order the system asap.

$300 for the system is on the expensive side, but the controllers are even more expensive! $50 for a single Joy-Con, and $80 for two. Pro Controller is $70 and the dock itself is $90! (It's mostly just plastic!) Can't see myself buying another dock for that price. Add a paid online service on top of that, and it all starts to look very expensive. I think you also need to buy SD cards for memory. Not sure of the 32GB is even available for storing games.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

WanderingBullet

While its great that the Switch allows to both TV and handheld gameplay, I'm only interested in the former and $70 for the Pro Controller is pretty pricey if I don't like how the Joy Con controllers feel. The battery life is a little bit of concern for those looking to play it more as a handheld as well - I think they said the battery life will last between 2.5 - 6 hours depending on the game. 2.5 hours is really short.

WanderingBullet

Splat wrote:

WanderingBullet wrote:

Yep. Would have have been day one for me.

Cool.

It wouldn't be day-one for me but it would definitely make me consider getting the Switch. That said, it really depends on a few other factors as well, like how it's priced here, the cost to play online, and whether I'll need to buy an adaptor or a step-down converter to play the Switch.

Quintumply

I won't be getting one at launch. I got a Wii U very late in the day and sort of regret it, despite really enjoying Splatoon, Super Mario 3D World, and all the other Nintendo exclusives. My Wii U now just gathers dust.

It seems as though third party support is a little better, but I'm not convinced that support will stick around for the Switch's lifespan.

I might get a Switch at a later date, as I'd definitely like to play Splatoon 2, Breath of the Wild, and Super Mario Odyssey, but I don't feel the need to get one straight away.

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic