Forums

Topic: The Order: 1886 | OT

Posts 41 to 60 of 92

Gamer83

get2sammyb wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Went to the store with every intention to move my fully paid pre-order to something else, ended up going home with a copy of The Order instead. I have a feeling I'll regret this but my interest in the story and setting won out. Besides inFamous: Second Son didn't bring in the 9s and 10s across the board and that is easily my favorite in the series and a much better game than some gave it credit for while creaming themselves over CoD with mechs.

Hopefully you enjoy it. I think there are enough good ideas there to make this worth trying for yourself.

Well, the good news is - despite my pessimism - I enjoyed the game and I don't regret buying it. That said, I don't disagree with the 6s and 7s the game got either. Before I get into that though, the graphics in this game are awesome and the one thing I was unsure of, the shooting, actually feels very good. In fact, I'd say the cover based shooting is on par with Gears. I love the weapons, the sound and the feel of them. The voice acting is superb and whoever composed the soundtrack deserves to be up for an award at the end of the year, top notch effort on that.

Now for the parts that bring the game down. As expected, the QTEs. They weren't as many as I thought there'd be but there were more than enough to get on my nerves to the point where I thought it bordered on 'intrusive.' I know some people don't mind them, that's fine. Imo, QTEs are horrible and developers need to stop using them. Then there was the final boss battle, which was a serious letdown, I won't say why because I don't want to spoil anything. And most disappointingly, as your very accurate review mentioned, the story lets itself down. I've got no problem with a story-heavy game, in fact, I love them, but when the story is the star of the show it has to be good enough to carry the game all the way through. It starts great and then the last third of it goes straight to hell. Too many damn loose ends that were not tied up. I can appreciate that they want to set up for a potential sequel but they could've done that while still providing a satisfying conclusion. If Ready at Dawn had added just 3 or 4 more chapters, the loose ends could've been tied up and it also would've extended the length of the game which was another sticking point for some people.

All in all, not a bad game by any means. Like the original Killzone there is definitely something here to build off of, I just hope the game sells well enough and Sony decides to give the team a shot at making a sequel.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Scollurio

I just finished the Order and while predictable at times, I really enjoyed the story and I didn't feel the downfall of it in the last third. It ends where it should end without dragging on I guess, I just hope that they come up with a sequel. Yes, loose ends, this game was clearly a FIRST game in a long series. Hopefully. I hate that this game gets so much hatred, especially from people who just howl with the flock without having played it themselves.

This and Dying Light have been really positive surprises for me this year!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

Victor_Meldrew

I wish people would stop banging on about the story, its just stereotypical clichéd nonesense, the story is completely average, the gameplay is okay but at times dull, its everything else that makes the game vaguely worthwhile.

Victor_Meldrew

Victor_Meldrew

Do a pole, I'd suggest at least half. Most of those chumps paid 50 quid not knowing it was an 8 hour game.

Victor_Meldrew

sub12

Bad-MuthaAdebisi wrote:

Do a pole, I'd suggest at least half. Most of those chumps paid 50 quid not knowing it was an 8 hour game.

Bayonetta 2 is a 8 hour game as well, wholly worth 60 dollars though.......The Order: 1886 just isn't a very good game in general.

sub12

Gemuarto

Sad thing about Order 1886 reviews is that reviewers used lie to make game look worst than it is. For example, Sammy really lied about broken stealth. Stealth levels in Order are very simple and easy and there are nothing bad about them. And why do you need deep stealth mechanics for 10 or 15 minutes of gameplay, anyway. Stealth in Order is just nice little distaraction from core gameplay, nothing else.

Bad-MuthaAdebisi wrote:

I don't think that even 50% of those who bought it, will finish it =).

Gemuarto

sub12

Sammy really lied? How do you in lie in an opinion piece? Just because it's a review doesn't mean it's stamped with "these statements must be shared by everyone and anything of contradiction should be immediately discredited."

sub12

Bread-Not-Toast

Got the game yesterday and so far I'm on the third chapter, and I'm pretty happy with my purchase graphics are gorgeous, great setting, voice acting, music and the shooting isn't the bad either, hopefully the game will pick up and we'll do some more shooting.

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

PSN: Crossword-Man

Victor_Meldrew

But how much of the 8 hours is gameplay? Probably half.

Edited on by Victor_Meldrew

Victor_Meldrew

Gemuarto

sub12 wrote:

Sammy really lied? How do you in lie in an opinion piece? Just because it's a review doesn't mean it's stamped with "these statements must be shared by everyone and anything of contradiction should be immediately discredited."

He called "disastrous piece of design" pretty simple and short stealth moments T___T.

Gemuarto

sub12

Bad-MuthaAdebisi wrote:

Agree....

sub12

Scollurio

Bad-MuthaAdebisi wrote:

So? Watching a movie has no gameplay at all yet we all pay to see it. It's all about one's expectations I guess.

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Scollurio

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Number 1 on the UK charts, how much buyers will be experiencing buyers' remorse?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-23-ps4-exclusive-th...

ALL who experience buyer's remorse deserve it. As I see it in todays day and age there is absolutely no excuse for buying a dud. You have a gazillion ways of informing yourself prior to your purchase. It's like buying a car because it looks nice, then you realize its an electric car and you have zero high voltage outlets around your town to charge it or your daily commute exceeds the effective range of that car. Those who don't inform themselves suffer the consequences, rightly so. In my opinion.

#supportindies

Scollurio

Bad-MuthaAdebisi wrote:

I wish people would stop banging on about the story, its just stereotypical clichéd nonesense, the story is completely average, the gameplay is okay but at times dull, its everything else that makes the game vaguely worthwhile.

The story WAS average cliche yeah. So was The Last of Us' (I love that game) it was the presentation that brought it to life. If you think about it, in literature, games, movies. Basicly all the stories have mostly be done before. It's always a hero's tale, or the misguided plot-twisting kind of thing, or a love story, or... you get my drift? It depends on how its presented to be worthwile for ME. But again, I'm biased since I love the setting and all. Not denying.

#supportindies

Scollurio

Not-Another-Ad wrote:

Got the game yesterday and so far I'm on the third chapter, and I'm pretty happy with my purchase graphics are gorgeous, great setting, voice acting, music and the shooting isn't the bad either, hopefully the game will pick up and we'll do some more shooting.

There's plenty of shooting and great settings, wonderful voice acting and gorgeous scenery still to come my friend! Only thing not coming is more freedom in your wanderings, but hey....

#supportindies

sub12

I have a confession to make, at first I didn't care for this title, but as of today I've ran through it my second time.....

It's really a flawed gem, taken as a whole I would really recommend it.....you just need to stick with it and let yourself be engrossed by the story instead of being overly mindful of its pitfalls.

Overall an awesome game, I really hope that we get a sequel thay explores outside of London.

After warming up to it, I think this game deserved better reviews.

sub12

Scollurio

sub12 wrote:

I have a confession to make, at first I didn't care for this title, but as of today I've ran through it my second time.....

It's really a flawed gem, taken as a whole I would really recommend it.....you just need to stick with it and let yourself be engrossed by the story instead of being overly mindful of its pitfalls.

Overall an awesome game, I really hope that we get a sequel thay explores outside of London.

Exactly my sentiments!
Also... THIS was a JOY to get!

Untitled

#supportindies

Victor_Meldrew

Never have I seen the statistic that 4.2% listed as Ultra Rare, its usually something like less than 1%

Victor_Meldrew

TOMBOY25

Scollurio wrote:

sub12 wrote:

Exactly my sentiments!
Also... THIS was a JOY to get!

Untitled

add mine to the pile lol Untitled

TOMBOY25

PSN: TOMBOY25

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.