Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter World PS4

Posts 241 to 260 of 393

NathanUC

Jeez now I'm flip-flopping to Switch Axe.... I love the complexity of the Charge Blade as well as how rewarding it is... but the switch axe special is just NUTS.

Anyone else start the grind for the Horizon content? I've finished it twice already, but Anjanath is pretty annoying unless I use a bow.

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

Shellcore

@NathanUC I will be starting it tonight. Not long unlocked high rank quests. Currently grinding Zorah and Puki Puki to get both sets of armour. Still HR 11.

PSN: Aleks-UK

NathanUC

@Shellcore Nice. The Zorah set lasted me a long while into HR. At HR 11, the set you get from the event might actually be very helpful too! It has a decent set of skills and elemental resistance, but the defense is a little low.

The EDF deploys!!

themcnoisy

Monster Hunter world has just made it into Round 2 of the best game of all time mega poll! Easily ousting Phantasy Star online.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Splat

NathanUC wrote:

Jeez now I'm flip-flopping to Switch Axe.... I love the complexity of the Charge Blade as well as how rewarding it is... but the switch axe special is just NUTS.

Anyone else start the grind for the Horizon content? I've finished it twice already, but Anjanath is pretty annoying unless I use a bow.

Switch Axe was always my go-to in Monster Hunter Tri. I actually haven't used it in World yet.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Shellcore

@themcnoisy Not sure how I feel about that, although both games give off similar vibes in terms of four man team questing in zones and loot.

PSN: Aleks-UK

themcnoisy

@Shellcore Feel good about it!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

NathanUC

Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about that either. It's certainly my favorite PS4 game of all time, but I miss the amount of content in the previous titles. Everything else is perfect though.. once we get G rank, it will easily win it for me.

Currently, I think I'd HAVE to give it to FFXIV. I haven't played it since MHW, but I've put in a ridiculous amount of time in that game and love almost all of it.

I finished my Aloy set. Can't REALLY make it viable, but it's still fun to have. I also feel like she has a smaller frame than the default characters.. not sure if that affects her hitbox though?

Edited on by NathanUC

The EDF deploys!!

WanderingBullet

@crimsontadpoles I caught them the moment I unlocked Coral Highlands but that's only because I try to catch every small creature I see.lol

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Splat

I hate that there is a trophy tied to the Arena which is hands down my least favorite part of the game. I just find it a waste of time since your not progressing your Hunter at all when doing it. Your Hunter Rank isn't affected and you aren't collecting materials.

I only need three trophies for the Platinum. The Arena one that I get no enjoyment out of and two crown trophies that are pure luck...

Edited on by Splat

WanderingBullet

Asia PS Plus subscribers got a Monster Hunter: World - PS Plus Exclusive Theme and Avatar Pack for free yesterday. It consists of a theme and 3 avatars - Kulu-Ya-Ku, Paolumu and Teostra. I quite like the Teostra one. Hopefully, it be free for NA and EU as well.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Splat

So, I just hunted with Greg Miller and Kevin from Kinda Funny.

Splat

Tasuki wrote:

@Splat So are you going to be in one of their lets plays?

They weren't streaming. He just sent out the code to his lobby on Twitter and I got in for a few hunts.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.