Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter World PS4

Posts 221 to 240 of 393

WanderingBullet

What does the exclamation point mean for certain optional quests? I noticed them when using the Respond to SOS feature.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

starhops

Bloodborne trained me well for fighting these monsters.

@WanderingBullet I think the quest has bonus rewards assigned to it. I know that's true for investigations, but I'm not sure under the optional quests. Maybe the poster is using a voucher? I dunno, but I noticed it after this last little patch.

starhops

PSN: starhops

andreoni79

After 60 hours I unlocked HR missions. And HR armors. I laughed hard at the screen because I realized I'll spend at least other 200 hours collecting armors! Damned useless charming armors!!!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

NathanUC

@andreoni79 I hear ya! For me, it's my ever changing weapons. I collected most of the Insect Glaive weapon tree, but now I'm switching to Charge Blade and have to 'start over'. It's funny because I have all of high rank materials to make the rarity 5/6/7/8 charge blades, but I'm missing all kinds of low rank materials.

I failed my first quest too I started a capture Puki investigation to work on my poison weapon... APPARENTLY I kill him in one full combo.

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

Splat

Hunter Rank 49 Kirin... I never want to do that again as long as I live!

Edited on by Splat

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Splat

It boggles my mind how many people don't eat before hunts. I have been watching some Let's Play stuff on YouTube just shaking my head haha. Never hunt on an empty stomach...

NathanUC

@Splat I've seen people not eat even after I've used a voucher for them...

The EDF deploys!!

WanderingBullet

Any good insect glaive builds? I'm currently using Dragonking Eyepatch along with four Odogaron Alpha pieces plus the Catastrophe's Light. Was wondering if the armor set I'm wearing is worth fully upgrading or should I go for the Rarity 8 armors instead? Been pretty much using this armor set since HR13/14 and I'm now HR98.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

NathanUC

@WanderingBullet I mostly go for Weakness Exploit -> Attack 7 -> Critical Eye 7 -> Partbreaker on my IG builds. I've been farming nergi for lots of expert decos so I can almost get critical eye 7 in decos alone.

My best IG build though? Switching to Charge Blade so much more rewarding, so much more damage. I still go back to IG on the really big guys, but CB stole my heart.

In germs of armor rarity, the defense between a rarity 6 and 8 makes little difference when fighting tempered stuff. Go for skills over defense, but still use defense when possible.

The EDF deploys!!

Splat

I have tried other weapons but the Insect Glaive is just to dang fun not to use.

I have been farming Tempered Elder Dragons for like three days trying to a Hero Streamstone to upgrade my Insect Glaive and nothing... I got like 5 for hammers.

WanderingBullet

@NathanUC Is there a particular deco that you usually get from tempered Nergi? I tend to always get Level 3 Poisoncoat deco from tempered Valley Hazak.

Btw, when you say, "Attack 7 -> Critical Eye 7" does that mean you're using the Odagaron Beta set?

I was also thinking of crafting the Commission Armor Alpha set for the elemental defence and additional carve.

NathanUC

@WanderingBullet I seemed to get the most luck getting expert/attack decos from Nergi and I can kill him in under 5 minutes (2 with cheater mantle), so that's where I farm. I think I have 5 and 3 respectively.

My set is a big mix. In an older screenshot, this is what I'm seeing:
Xeno Ra'atz CB (2 slot)
Dragonking Eyepatch A
Damascus Mail B
Kaiser Vambraces B
Uragaan Coil B
Dober Greaves B
Attack Charm III
Bandit Mantle
Health Booster (I don't have the affinity booster yet)

That gives me Attack 7, Crit Eye 4 (higher if more deco by removing others), Weakness Exploit 3, focus 2, partbreaker 1, and Flinch Free 3 (my wife uses a bow and my brother uses a LS.. it's pretty much required).

In terms of elemental defense builds, I can't say I'd recommend them, but I would depend on your playstyle. The only time I've used one was for tempered kirin because the thunder can be a bit unpredictable. Otherwise, mantles will be your best bet for elemental stuff

Edited on by NathanUC

The EDF deploys!!

LieutenantFatman

Finished the story the other night. Not been brave enough to take on tempered monsters yet. I have a level 8 hammer though so maybe I'd be ok.

LieutenantFatman

WanderingBullet

@NathanUC Thanks, but what's a cheater mantle? I've already done every optional quests and unlocked all the mantles and boosters.

I'm mostly just farming for gems in general plus jewels now. My luck's pretty bad, I think it usually takes me at least 8 kills of the same monster before I actually get its gem.

NathanUC

@WanderingBullet rocksteady

For decos, it seems to make a big difference if you're breaking parts off. I seems to get way more when I use my CB over IG. I'm guessing because CB breaks stuff so easy

Edited on by NathanUC

The EDF deploys!!

WanderingBullet

@NathanUC Oh, ok. haha

Yeah, sometimes I play with randoms using the CB and they kill the monster too quickly before we could break the head or cut off its tail.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.