Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter World PS4

Posts 261 to 280 of 393

Splat

I'm really starting to dig the Hammer. It's probably my second favorite weapon after the Insect Glaive.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Fight_Teza_Fight

Took out Black Diablos. Took everything I had and an assist from Bazelguese who spent at least 20mins with us.
Just when you think you're 'well equipped', the game slaps you back down. I don't know how much longer I can keep up with the grind... .

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Splat

Fight_Teza_Fight wrote:

Took out Black Diablos. Took everything I had and an assist from Bazelguese who spent at least 20mins with us.
Just when you think you're 'well equipped', the game slaps you back down. I don't know how much longer I can keep up with the grind... .

Never leave home without Dung Bombs. Just hit B52 with a few and he will leave.

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Splat Yeah I really need to make more use of the dung bombs. I just assumed they wouldn’t work on the bigger beasts based on the item description.

Also I just realised I can upgrade my charms & have them stack... *facepalm.
That should make farming Black Diablos easier for my Tyrannis Glaive!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

WanderingBullet

Anyone here trying to farm for Kirin's giant gold crown?

Huntin' monsters erryday.

LieutenantFatman

Got over 120 hours with the hammer now, think it's time to go with something else for a bit but waiting on that big patch to commit. I'm tempted to go with the greatsword but we'll see how I get on with it. Augmented the eyepatch and some gloves to get that extra bit of armour, wow, it's not cheap to do that.

LieutenantFatman

WanderingBullet

Only got the "50 Arena" trophy left to go.

NathanUC

@LieutenantFatman I tend to switch weapons every 60 hours or so it seems. I was a big GS user in MH1-FU, but can't seem to get a solid feel for it in World. If you haven't already, I would highly recommend trying Switch Axe. It's just all kinds of fun! I think hammer is coming up for me soon

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

WanderingBullet

Now that Deviljho's here, I would love too see Lagiacrus in MHW in the future. Design wise, Lagiacrus is one of my most favourite monsters but I heard that most people are not a fan of the underwater gameplay.:/

Also, is anyone here familiar with the J-Pop group Morning Musume? I've heard some other their songs before during the late 90's. Anyways, one of the ex-members is actually a MH fan.

https://kotaku.com/japanese-popstar-says-shes-already-played-...

Edited on by WanderingBullet

WanderingBullet

Capcom just added a tempered Deviljho event quest.

Splat

WanderingBullet wrote:

Capcom just added a tempered Deviljho event quest.

Yep, and hits like a tank.

Splat

The funny thing is that people were complaining Deviljho was too easy and now he's Tempered and wreaking those same people.

Edited on by Splat

Fight_Teza_Fight

So after 120 hours or so I'm pretty much done with the game.
My first Monster Hunter and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Think I'll still keep the game downloaded for now just in case they start dropping expansions.
In hindsight I would've liked a season pass similar to Nioh, which offered up 3 meaningful pieces of content, with 2 expansions over 6 months.
I hope they announce something at E3, but even if they don't, Monster Hunter World is still one of my favorite games of this generation.

Best Enemy Design: Legiana
Worst Enemy Design: Kirin
Favorite Encounter: Rathian&Rathalos
Worst Encounter: Zorah Magdaros
Best Battle: Teostra
Most Annoying Fight: KUSHALA DAORA!!!
Most Intimidating: Bazelgeuse
Most Ridiculous Monster: Xeno'jiiva- plasma beams, really?

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

JohnnyShoulder

@Fight_Teza_Fight How would the season pass work with this game, as I've heard there is not much story to the game as it is?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Shellcore

Stopped playing due to Ni No Kuni coming out. Had just defeated Nergigante. To be honest was a bit annoyed that they pulled the old "more powerful monsters roaming each area" storyline again. Was a bit anti-climatic. Will go back to it for the spring festival, then rest until I'm done with Ni No Kuni.

PSN: Aleks-UK

Fight_Teza_Fight

@JohnnyShoulder I don’t know, like mini episodes perhaps or events? Something like a Monster Hunter fight to the death tournament would’ve also been cool (they have the arenas).
I would imagine few people play MH for its story, but I would be far more invested if it had one. Like @Shellcore I’m moving onto NNK2 now.

I got a lot of game out of Monster Hunter World, but I would’ve paid extra for a season pass, that would’ve offered more meaningful content more frequently (offline).

Great game though!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Splat

There is an event going right now that you fight a giant Kulu-Ya-Ku and make a helmet of his head.

It's also a guaranteed giant crown. Good times...

WanderingBullet

Yeah, but I already got the giant gold crown. The helmet does look pretty funny with the Vaal Hazak gear (white pigment), though.lol

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.