This Slick PS4 Controller Is for Professional Players Only

Are you good enough?

There’s no doubt that the DualShock 4 is an enormous enhancement over its predecessor, but those looking for a more customisable peripheral may be tempted by the new SCUF 4PS – a custom input device designed specifically for professional players. Due out in June, the competitive controller includes precision analogue sticks which you can tune to your own tastes, as well as a removable control disc for extra d-pad accuracy.

Elsewhere, it boasts pro-grip handles, electro-magnetic remapping, and a slew of different personalisation options. There’s no word on a price just yet, but the ergonomic accessory is due out in June. If you’re still not convinced by the controller, check out the trailer below for a full rundown of all of its features. Is this something that you’re interested in? Level up your game in the comments section.

[via eu.scufgaming.com, mp1st.com]

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

Hmm I'd need to see if it is anywhere near better than the original, which is fabulous on its own imho. Mostly things like this are just a gimick, if you suck at a game you won't play any better with this...

SimonAdebisi

SimonAdebisi said:

Looks just like the shadow fall special edition ds4, therefore rubbish colour scheme. Now I know why they used cruddy rubber on my ds4's.

@SimonAdebisi You'll be able to pick whichever colour scheme you like for the final product. At least, that's what the trailer seems to suggest.

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

Looks ok for those who sink serious effort into gaming...I've been a casual gamer for too long for a super controller to make a difference....I'd still run into walls in Assassins creed and miss head shots in Killzone, I'd just be cack handed in a more precise fashion.

BertoFlyingFox

BertoFlyingFox said:

Screw being exclusive to pro players, it just looks like a really nice controller to me. If it isnt ridiculously overpriced I'll consider one.

redd214

redd214 said:

I will certainly consider it based on price and also if the improved the flimsly rubber on the analog sticks. The left sticks on both of my DS4s probably wont make it another 3 months at the rate they are deteriorating.

SimonAdebisi

SimonAdebisi said:

@get2sammyb as long as it doesn't end up like the vita situation. I would hope not seeing as the ps4 seems to be doing better in the west. I'm interested if the price isn't ridiculous.

@redd214 both my ds4 have succumbed to rubber decomposition hence my previous comment. Sucks pretty bad.

ToOGoodOfAPlaya

ToOGoodOfAPlaya said:

I'll wait until I can have a troller made for me.
Had a 360 pad made out of wood effect plastic and different size bullet cases for buttons snd Dpad.
This does sound pretty cool though, especially if you play fraggednation games etc

Madd_Hatter401

Madd_Hatter401 said:

@SimonAdebisi my right anolog stick had a bump under the rubber the day I got my PS4.. a week or so later that bump was a tear, I feel ya pain.

This controller looks awesome, if the sticks are better quality than the DS4 it will be a definite purchase for me.

Shaolin

Shaolin said:

These 3rd party controllers don't look too bad actually, unlike the old days when they would look like awful knock offs. Having said that, I tend to prefer Sony's own controllers and particularly when I play competitively I like to know that I'm using stock kit meaning that I don't have an artificial advantage over the rest of the player base.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

@SimonAdebisi where on the sticks, tho? If the shaft is rubbing against the socket (like the ds1/2/3 design) then this will help. It has slightly too small of analog holes so you get a slight resistance when you reach the point to where you'd normally push too hard and grind it into dust so you can avoid it without limiting your use of the sticks in-game

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

@SimonAdebisi mines a NA day-one-er and it's in perfect shape. Sounds like a factory defect rather than design or material choice. I'd still recommend the grip thingy to anyone with a ps4

ReigningSemtex

ReigningSemtex said:

I need to get a second controller at some point so I will probably keep an eye on this and see what people make of it in June

Madd_Hatter401

Madd_Hatter401 said:

@charlesnarles mine tore on the bottom right stick.. i actually planned on buying some anolog gel tabs. I've seen alot of reports like mine.. the controller is absolute top notch but the material on the sticks is horrible.