Watch Dogs Will Tap into Your PS4 Between April and June

Connection established

Ubisoft’s once world beating hack happy sandbox will finally send a signal to the PS4 between April and June, as the French publisher has re-confirmed that Watch Dogs is on track for the first quarter of its 2014-2015 fiscal year. The title – which is also coming to the PS3 – had originally been set to deploy alongside Sony’s next generation system last November, but was delayed at the last minute, no doubt to the platform holder’s chagrin.

Speaking during an investors meeting, company overlord Yves Guillemot hinted that a more specific release date will be revealed “very soon”. Of course, the big challenge for the publisher will be re-building the hype that the open world adventure commanded heading into its intended launch window, with consumer interest currently at an all time low. Are you still excited for Aiden Pearce’s inaugural adventure, or are your eyes firmly fixed on inFAMOUS: Second Son right now? Crack open your thoughts in the comments section below.

Punished_Boss_84

Punished_Boss_84 said:

Finally! Been wanting to play this...
last year...
before it got delayed...
just in time for the holidays.

Now seeing as the game is clearly further along in development how bout some new footage? Regain the hype. Pity about the Wii U version.

Glacier928Staff

Glacier928 said:

Very excited to get this for the PS4. I was bummed out when it was delayed but I'd much rather have a polished game than a rushed out, buggy one. No question that this will be a superb game for the summer time!

Wesker

Wesker said:

The longer it takes the worse it's going to be because it shows how many problems the game has. Plus, what about the annual Assassins' Creed game? That's also going to be affected. Difficult times for Ubisoft.

Savino

Savino said:

My excitement fade da little but still buy day one... But I really doubt it will tops GTAV!

Subie98

Subie98 said:

Guess ill be moving my pre order to ps4 since wii u isnt even coming out with theirs until "later". If at all anymore

AeroZeppelin

AeroZeppelin said:

@Wesker As long as it doesn't spend too much time in development hell like Duke Nukem Forever did then i think a few more months in development won't hurt and Ubisoft will be fine they've got plenty of money they can afford to go through one year without a new Assassins Creed

Player4

Player4 said:

Guess I'll be getting this for the PS3 since the WiiU got delayed... Still excited tho! :D

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

This game is still a guaranteed buy for me. Can't wait. Well. I guess I can because I have no choice...

Midzark

Midzark said:

Na was very much looking forward to this but now it's releasing around that time there will be Better games due out they gonna lose a lot of interest I can see!!

uchinakagema

uchinakagema said:

If this is coming around April June 2014 then I highly doubt that "The Division" is coming out by the end of 2014. I am not even sure if I can look forward to this game. I wasn't as interested in Watchdogs as everyone else was but with these massive setbacks I am just wait a week or two after the game is release to see if I would pick it up. But "The Division" I am looking forward too.

uchinakagema

uchinakagema said:

But it is the game did choose a nice place to come out since not a lot of "AAA" games come out during the Summer, or any other decent game(strictly console speaking, because of Steam Summer Sale)

ToddlerNaruto

ToddlerNaruto said:

I'll be buying the PS3 version myself, though I'll probably wait a year or two for the eventual price drop to $30 New or cheaper.

(I just can't afford to buy games that are more than $30 New sadly)

banacheck

banacheck said:

The Crew was delayed around the same time as Watch Dogs, so I wonder if The Crew will be getting a release date soon after? I'm looking forwards to Watch Dogs, what I seen of IGN gameplay preview looked smart.

Ali247