PS4 Firmware Update v1.52 Stabilises the Situation

Posted by Kell Andersen

Get excited

There's nothing quite like waking up to a good old fashioned firmware update, and, as usual, Sony has you covered. A post on the platform holder's official Twitter account confirms that update v1.52 will be arriving shortly, stating that it's designed to "improve system software stability". We don't yet know if there will be any juicy surprises in the patch, but it goes without saying that added stability is always good news.

Oh, and the Tweet suggests enabling auto-download and putting your console into standby mode. If you aren't quite certain how to do that, be sure to hit up our handy guide through here. Do you love firmware updates? Sing their praises in the comments section below.

[via twitter.com]

Hetsumani

Hetsumani said:

"improve system software stability", uhm, that sounds familiar, where have I heard that before?
Also, FIRST.

@Hetsumani Haha, innit. It's fine on the PS4 because it does it all in the background, though. No loinger an irritation, fortunately! :D

belmont

belmont said:

Yet another update that adds nothing. Apparently there is also a new update on Vita. 3.0.1 or something like that and another one on PS3.

grenworthshero

grenworthshero said:

When are we going to get support for themes and customization? I'd like to be able to organize my games into folders and change the theme instead of the boring blue background. Also, why is there hardly anything in the PlayStation Store? I still have to go back to my PS3 to check if there are any new releases or PS Plus games.

NathanUC

NathanUC said:

I just got a notification on Vita that 3.01 is available today. We can probably expect 1.52 either tonight or sometime tomorrow.

tonyp1987

tonyp1987 said:

Back in August we first learned that Duke Nukem: Megaton Edition was going to be released on Vita. The publisher of the game, Devolver Digital, has just revealed that development on the title across both PS3 and Vita has nearly come to a close. The port, which is handled by Abstratin Games is expected to contain remastered versions of Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition, Duke Caribbean: Life’s a Beach, Duke it out in D.C., Nuclear Winter, and the original game. This release of the classic first person shooter launched earlier this year on PC.We’ll share pricing, and exact release details once they become available

Carl-G

Carl-G said:

2 of my PS4 games got updated the other day as i was playing on my PS4 & i didn't even notice it :D Now that was MEGA-COOL i think :P

• I never leave my PS4 on standby(i think i will soon) so had to do the update when i switched on my PS4 but 1 silly thing was when it downloaded the update it said 'Ready to install' but why can't it just install it without me having to press install it erm then :D (it didn't take long to install anyway really) I guess it does it all if you keep your PS4 on standby then i.e downloads it & installs it.
ReigningSemtex

ReigningSemtex said:

Downloading and installing firmware automatically sounds like a great idea but I swear I have read about firmware bricking people's consoles before. I hope the update brings dnla and more customization.