Could Injustice: Gods Among Us Pummel the PlayStation Vita?

Caped crusader

Mortal Kombat developer NetherRealm Studios is no stranger to the PlayStation Vita, having already ported its bloody brawler to the portable platform. Now it looks like Injustice: Gods Among Us could be plotting the same path, having popped up on an Amazon France product page.

The listing – which has since been pulled – mentions that a ‘Game of the Year’ version of the superhero smash could be coming to the console on 9th November. Additional details are being kept under wraps, but it stands to reason that the re-release will include all of the recent DLC from the console edition.

Given the calibre of the source, we’re going to go out on a limb and assume that this is legit. Should that be the case, though, we reckon that publisher Warner Bros is being a bit presumptuous by dubbing the repackaged title ‘Game of the Year’ before it’s even won any awards.

[via amazon.fr, testyourmight.com, neogaf.com]

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Hopefully it ends up happening. Aside from graphics the MK port was perfect.

KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON said:

Yes yes yes!
MK wasn't the prettiest thing on the Vita but it was rock solid. Given their experience perhaps they could squeeze a little more out of it!

RawShark

RawShark said:

THis is the sort of third party title that Vita could use. I heartily approve.

I wouldn't look too much into the "Game of the Year" labels as a mark of quality. If memory serves, Dead Island had a GOTY edition.

neumaus

neumaus said:

I'd buy it, so long as they don't screw up the port too badly. And please, don't drown us in DLC :(
I don't mind DLC, but not when it's like "buy the character," or something equally hampering the experience. Never played the PS3 one (wanted to, but never got around to buying it).

I think this is happening. Warner Bros is one of the few publishers that's been releasing games on Vita, and I imagine NetherRealm did a lot of the work porting MK9.

KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON said:

Surely the 'GOTY' moniker denotes that it already contains the various bits of DLC.
I'll buy this either way. A friend has bought all of the DLC so far, Zod being the last, and it serves up some fantastic fan service.

RudysaurusRex

RudysaurusRex said:

@RawShark Which is the only reason Dead Island sold as much as it did, warranting a sequel. Which sucked even worse than the first game did.

IAmNotWill

IAmNotWill said:

Should have saw this coming. :( Would have been better than paying $60 and then an additional $15 for the DLC characters. Oh well, it's still a great game so I don't mind too much.

belmont

belmont said:

One of the developers of the HD version tweeted : "We will deliver Vita owners injustice" when a fan asked for a Vita version! This happened was back when the HD version was released.

I will surely get this on Vita sometime, even on launch if it has all the dlc included or is reasonably priced.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@belmont

MK had all the DLC included so I imagine they'd do the same for this. Hopefully it doesn't get released until sometime in Q1 2014 though, this holiday season is already crazy enough with a few good PS3 games still on the way, Killzone for Vita and the PS4 launch.

One hope I have for this game, if it happens, is cross-play with PS3. That was really the only feature missing from the MK release that I would've liked.