Demon's Souls Damns North American PS Plus Subscribers in April

Malicious, Labyrinth Legends, and more up for grabs

From Software’s devilish Demon’s Souls will be available for free for North American PlayStation Plus subscribers from later today. The title – which ordinarily retails for $19.99 – will have you tossing your DualShock 3 around the house for the grand sum of nothing. Fortunately, for those of you who don't want to splash out on a new controller, it’s not the only new addition to Sony’s premium subscription service this month.

Also up for grabs in April are SoulCalibur: Broken Destiny, Malicious, Labyrinth Legends, and Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov’s Revenge. You can check out our interview with the developers of the latter right through here. There’s no word on when any of the aforementioned releases will be available, but they’re guaranteed to be given away at some point over the next four weeks. It’s nowhere near as strong as Europe’s comparative offering, is it?

It’s probably worth adding that a bunch of titles are set to go on sale later today. You’ll be able to pick up the entire season of The Walking Dead for just $10.49, as well as Rainbow Moon and its various DLC packs at 50 per cent off. Finally, the excellent bullet hell shooter Söldner-X-2: Final Prototype will be available for $3.99. Point your peepers at the PlayStation Blog for the full rundown of offers.

Are you satisfied with this month’s update? Feel free to share your cheers and frustrations in the comments section and poll below.

Which PS Plus title are you most looking forward to in April? (9 votes)

Demon's Souls

78%

Labyrinth Legends

11%

Malicious

Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge

11%

SoulCalibur: Broken Destiny

Please login to vote in this poll.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

Pretty weak selection, I think — but I'd be pretty happy with Labyrinth Legends and Zombie Tycoon 2 if they came to Europe.

Epic

Epic said:

Well atleast im going to try Demon Souls its kinda a legend for its difficulty but still its kinda weak. Well I was the one asking for less shooters xD

AceSpadeS

AceSpadeS said:

Err... Soul Caliber on the PSP wasn't all that good, and we just got Tekken last month, so my fighting fix is completed for now. Zombie Tycoon doesn't really interest me much either.

I'd happily take Virtue's Last Reward on the NA PS+ though...

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

Very excited about Demon's Souls. I rented it and didn't even kill a single boss. Now I can devote some time to it.

I'm mildly disappointed that they chose another PSP fighting game because I know I'm only going to spend 5 minutes trying it. I really think fighting games are overrepresented by PS+. IMO it's probably the most niche genre that PS+ regularly gives. And not only that, but we consistently get the nichest games of this niche genre.

bauckster

bauckster said:

Mmmm...not too interested, but on the other hand that means I have more time to play a whole bunch of other games I'm working on. :P

bauckster

bauckster said:

I guess Labyrinth Legends looks mildly interesting... but I'm not touching Demon's Soul's with a 10-foot pole. Too hardcore for me, I just don't have time for that (nor do I want to replace my controller from the inevitable rage that will follow)

hamispink

hamispink said:

I've been interested in trying Demon's Souls for quite awhile, though I've been waiting to find it for $10 as I'm not sure if I'll like it. I'm eager to see how difficult it actually is, as I've been enjoying challenging games more and more lately.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Demon's Souls is fantastic but I already have it. The rest of this month's lineup is pretty underwhelming to me. I was hoping for Okami HD and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. Oh well, better luck next month I suppose.

SilentJ

SilentJ said:

I suppose I'm ok with this update. I don't like playing games that are too hard but I have been wanting to give Demon's Souls a shot. Labyrinth Legends and Malicious look pretty cool.

divinelite

divinelite said:

Ok, soul caliber is great, but who is idiot enuff to give two fighting games in a row?