Assassin's Creed: Duel Was a Fighting Game Starring Ezio, Sam Fisher, and Rayman

Stick a knife in it

If you thought that last year’s PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale was really scraping the bottom of the figurative barrel, then thank your lucky stars that Assassin’s Creed: Duel never saw the light of day. A NeoGAF poster discovered the attached concept art on the personal portfolio of Benoit Perreault, a former Ubisoft employee who now works for Eidos.

The images appear to hint at a two-dimensional brawler, which was apparently targeting digital platforms such as the PlayStation Network. Fighters supposedly included Assassin’s Creed favourites such as Ezio, Altair, and Desmond, as well as other Ubisoft protagonists like Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell), Jade (Beyond Good & Evil), and, er, Rayman.

Each picture stresses that this is “not an actual game”, so it’s likely that these are either really early concepts or the product of a desperate brainstorming session. Either way, we suspect that the project was cancelled a long time ago – if it even got properly started at all. Is this something that you’d have been interested in playing? We’re going to guess not.

[via benoitperreault.com, neogaf.com]

WCamicase

WCamicase said:

Why wouldn't I want to play it? LOL it does seem better than the yearly AC game that is turning into a CoD thing..
It could actually have turned out to be good

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

I totally would have picked Desmond as my main. Because Desmond is the best character there. Hands down. Desmond is just super.

Epic

Epic said:

Lol I would play this game just for the fact I can make Prince Of Persia fight Ezio O_O

Cirno

Cirno said:

Who in the high hell thought that you could make an Assassin's Creed game where everyone gets the crap beaten out of them by Rayman?

REVIVE THIS GAME UBISOFT!

rjejr

rjejr said:

I think this was ever going to be a real game about as much as all those KISS Destroyer pictures I drew on the backs of my notebooks in middle school were ever going to be the cover art for a real KISS album.

divinelite

divinelite said:

that's a great game from how it's look.
even though i understand how hard it is for a publisher to give an "okay" for a new genre for a series

Cirno

Cirno said:

Thinking about it Rayman would be a pretty good fighting game character, with his floating limbs potentially making him an effective close/mid range character.