Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 2,641 to 2,660 of 7,479

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder Maybe we should have something like a bets topic on here. Because now I'm really curious as to who will be right eventually!

Kidfried

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Octane wrote:

I disagree. Platform holders should offer online play for free. If they want a monthly games sub, fine by me, but don't lock online play behind the sub. More "free" games like SNES probably means a price hike too...

In would be all over that. Free online then just have something like the Xbox Game Pass that you pay a monthly fee

I don't see that happening, Sony and Microsoft won't wanna lose all the revenue from PSN and XBLG subs.

Agreed. They have no reason. Sony also has no reason to put mega-hits like God of War or Spider-Man on a Netflix kind service. The revenue from both games alone make up a gold portion of what would be received from such a service anyway.

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Yeah or a gaming predictions topic?

This does seem like a massive own goal by Nintendo even before the paid service is live. Jim Sterling is gonna have a field day with this lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

@Tasuki Does PSNow have Spider-man or God of War? As I understand, it just got Bloodborne recently.

Jaz007

RR529

I was personally satisfied with the direct. I'll definitely grab NSMBU Deluxe (the last one I played was Wii back in '09, so I'm not burnt out) & FFX/X-2 HD (X was an instrumental part of getting me into JRPGs, but it's been well over a decade since I last played it).

I'll probably end up getting Yoshi's Crafted World as well, Daemon X Machina still looks good, and I'll consider a couple of the other FF titles as well.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

Looks like I'll be repurchasing FF7 again.

Really excited to play Zodiac Age. I've been holding out for a Switch version.

Why wasn't THIS the Nintendo E3 Direct?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

So... Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Fire Emblem: Three Houses confirmed for 2019 now. Next year is going to be amazing for first-party content.

Haruki_NLI

Yoshi, Pokemon, No More Heroes, New Super Mario Bros. and some surprises.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@KratosMD Play the main game first. You really don't want to spoil Xenoblade 2 for yourself.

Unless you really don't care about spoiling yourself, in which case: go crazy!

I believe the physical version has the story DLC on the card and the expansion pass stuff as a code.

Storytime7

@KratosMD I think you'll have a better experience with both if you play the main game first.

Storytime7

Ralizah

@KratosMD Seems like you really want to get into the DLC. You should probably pick it up, then. Even if you spoil certain aspects of the game for yourself, it's not like Xenoblade 2 is one of those games that's structured around big twists. I mean, there are some there, but the core story is strong because of the way character relationships evolve.

In this case, you're primarily "spoiling" how certain villains in the main game become the way they are. But that won't ruin the main game for you.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Defending Breath of the Wild in that other thread caused me to remember just how amazing that game really was. I think I'm going to grab the DLC and replay it.

Ralizah

@KratosMD The thing with art is you either lose yourself in it or you don't. If you don't lose yourself in Shadow of the Colossus, it's an empty game where you follow sunbeams, kill lizards, and occasionally fight a monster, except that monster is less of a real battle and more of a puzzle to figure out. If you don't lose yourself in Bloodborne (as I didn't), you're just running around barren Victorian streets killing ugly monsters for hours on end and getting lost in the jumble of its level design. People who didn't "get it" often reduce BotW to: "Well you kill a giant, find a sword in a chest, climb a mountain, blablabla." That's not untrue, but you can do that with literally any game.

Anyway, I'm primarily interested in the first DLC pack for the trial of the sword challenges. It seems fun.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

Exploration is driven by curiosity. The curiosity faded quickly away once I realised the only difference between the provinces in BOTW were in aesthetics. No new enemies, or mini-bosses unique to that area (except for the sand croc). No new items to be found, like a hookshot, fishing rod, iron boots, etc. The shrines were interesting, at least some of them. A handful felt like an insult on my intelligence, and there were around 30 or so combat shrines, so they were either a hit or miss. So whilst I always was looking forward to finding a new shrine, it was kinda disappointing to find out it's just a combat shrine, or a puzzle shrine that could be completed in a minute or two. The beasts were just bigger shrines, but I found the lack of unique boss designs even more disappointing. Once you've seen one, you know exactly what the other bosses are going to be like.

There were a few neat challenges, like Eventide Isle, and the dark forest, but I felt those moments were few and far between unfortunately.

Octane

redd214

I was a bit underwhelmed by the BOTW DLC honestly. Trials of the sword was a great challenge the first time but Exp 1 really didn't add anything else. Exp 2 was mor substantial but was mostly just more of the same. Still as a total package it's by far one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've had in years! Can't wait to see where they go next. Hope the long rumored Links Awakening remake happens in 2019 as a stopgap until the next mainline game.

redd214

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah Yeah you've reminded me how much enjoyed BOTW and that I must play dlc 2!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RR529

Downloaded Senran Kagura: Reflextions & played the first scenario this morning. Pretty silly at first impressions, should be a good laugh.

Also continuing to work my way through Shining Resonance Refrain, which has continued to be pretty standard JRPG fare. Despite a few pet peeves it's not a bad game by any means, but it's no XC2, YS VIII, or (I assume, as I've yet to play it) Octopath.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic