Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 2,621 to 2,640 of 7,479

Kidfried

@Knuckles-Fajita Civ 6 is great, but not really a great fit for Switch, I'd say. And FFXV pocket is like... whatevs, it might sell well, due to a lack of real FF though.

Just play on PS4 and forget about Switch for the next few months.

Kidfried

Haruki_NLI

@Kidfried Switch is the only console to get Civ 6 though. Says a lot really. I think its a fine fit given its interface options.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Kidfried

@Knuckles-Fajita Wasn't arguing Civ should release on PS4 or anything. It's a PC game first, developed for use with mouse and has way too much depth, text and numbers, to be as comfortable on handheld.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Apparently it's being built for the switch so will hopefully be optimised for it properly.

I was just asking my mate at work this if there were any games like that for the Switch, so this could fit the bill perfectly.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Haruki_NLI

I mean, I'll be importing Mega Man 11 and getting Dark Souls so...that's something.

I could ignore Switch and use my PS4, but I can't take my PS4 to play on my breaks at work

BranJ0

I'm really looking forward to Civilisation VI! My laptop is nowhere near powerful enough to play any games, and Civ VI looked like my sort of game, so this news is perfect, I'll definitely be getting this when it releases.

Couldn't really care less about FFXV Pocket Edition though, I was a surprisingly big fan of FFXV's art style and thought it made it look rather epic, definitely added a ton to my enjoyment of the game, but pocket edition just looks far too silly for me to take seriously and buy

BranJ0

RR529

Been playing Shining Resonance Refrain & having a good time with it.

It's not as ambitious in scope as XC2 or even Ys VIII, but because of that it looks & performs really well in portable mode. It's been pretty standard fare in terms of gameplay & story, so if you're not really into JRPGs this won't be the title to win you over, but if you like the genre it's most definitely worth a look.

As for the game's key gameplay quirk (being able to transform into the titular "Shining Dragon"), it's fun but makes everything very easy. Using the transformation combined with B.A.N.D. (a mode you can engage that gives your entire party various buffs), has allowed me to rip apart every boss I've tried it against in seconds, so I don't use it that often.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Haruki_NLI

I choked on my drink when I saw 12 be announced.

Then I fell out of my chair when I saw the rest of the them.

What timeline is this.

Fight_Teza_Fight

So this is making the rounds...

FAQ Nintendo Switch Online

Q: After my Nintendo Switch Online subscription expires, will my Save Data Cloud files and Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online save data be erased?
A: Save data stored with Save Data Cloud cannot be kept outside of the duration of your Nintendo Switch Online membership. Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online also uses the Save Data Cloud, so the same applies. However, if you keep the Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online save data saved locally on your Nintendo Switch console, then you can use it again if you purchase another membership.

Let your sub expire? Good bye saves.
Typical Nintendo😂😂😂.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Fight_Teza_Fight

@KratosMD That’s what it sounds like. Even PS+ keeps your saves for 6months after your sub expires.

Switch online sounds more like a yearly Nintendo fan fee to me.
They can get away with it though, because it’s Nintendo.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

mookysam

Sounds like an utter waste of money to me. It's bad enough charging for online multiplayer when it's been free on the system for 18 months. They have also got to do better than NES games.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Octane

I disagree. Platform holders should offer online play for free. If they want a monthly games sub, fine by me, but don't lock online play behind the sub. More "free" games like SNES probably means a price hike too...

Octane

Kidfried

@Octane With current developments I don't expect us to keep paying for online play next gen.

Kidfried

Rudy_Manchego

I was tempted just to protect my cloud saves but I have a NES and most of the games so not bothered. However, knowing my cloud saves get instantly deleted the second it expires sounds crap.

I mean, it should be free. Sorry, it should be. I'd happily shell out a sub for a VC style subscription but c'mon, the Switch is the most likely device to get lost or smashed.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego They should have had the option to make your own back-up files from the start.

Octane

Kidfried

@Octane Because monetization of video games is something that is very much something that is still changing. Because on PC you don't pay for playing online. Because these subscriptions are more and more about the other stuff than the online play. Because you can actually play quite some online games without a subscription on PlayStation. And because we're going into a future of a Netflix model like GamePass, and online play is not part of that. And also because microtransactions are important. Publisher don't want there to be a barrier, like someone not being able to play online, to those MTX.

And also, because it was archaic the moment it was introduced. You don't pay for Facebook, you don't pay for these kind of services anymore anywhere else.

I might be wrong of course, but I can't see this pay for online enduring. That's why you see these publishers add in extra bonuses for their subscriptions: they want to keep the subscriptions, but they also know people no longer want to pay just to play online.

Kidfried

Tasuki

Octane wrote:

I disagree. Platform holders should offer online play for free. If they want a monthly games sub, fine by me, but don't lock online play behind the sub. More "free" games like SNES probably means a price hike too...

In would be all over that. Free online then just have something like the Xbox Game Pass that you pay a monthly fee

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

JohnnyShoulder

Tasuki wrote:

Octane wrote:

In would be all over that. Free online then just have something like the Xbox Game Pass that you pay a monthly fee

I don't see that happening, Sony and Microsoft won't wanna lose all the revenue from PSN and XBLG subs.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic