Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 661 to 680 of 1,285

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON ...calm, calm yourself. Actually, given how well some hero franchises have been treated by Triple-A developers recently (Batman, Spider-Man) I'd be cautiously optimistic about a new Bond game, if it followed the Everything or Nothing / Blood Stone template, rather than the GoldenEye one.

@FullbringIchigo Forza Horizon 4 has a Bond Car DLC Pack, but I think that might just be a one-off promotional thing. There was also some leaks from Telltale Games a couple years ago, suggesting that they were about to make a Bond game, but we all know how that story panned out now. Otherwise, no, nobody's got it. I think it's because Daniel Craig is the current Bond; he hated doing the games (apparently because he's a big gamer) and didn't even provide his voice to 007 Legends when he was contracted to do so.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Saw that.

I couldn't agree with her more. I lean the same way towards casting a black actor as Bond; Bond is a horrible, violent, rapey, misogynist. I really don't see the appeal of casting a black actor to portray that to portray that to be honest.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah sounds like a promo thing plus they are just cars after all so you wouldn't actually need the Bond licence to use them just the licence from the car manufacturer although i'm sure they would have to have paid something to use the name

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON one of the great things about the franchise is they have the ability to eventually be more open in the casting as you could just say that the Name Bond and the 007 number is passed on to a new agent but i think they need to get Bond to a safer place as a character before they did that

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo You're right, especially given the selection of cars they have used. The problem is, because gaming has become so huge and so successful, making a Bond game with a generic Bond character model, like Agent Under Fire, just wouldn't fly nowadays. People would just make sneery comments about how they "obviously couldn't afford" the current actor's likeness and that the game was therefore "cheap".

And since we've currently got Mr. Craig refusing to do it, I guess we're just gonna have to wait and see if Idris Elba will play ball (or, more accurately, PlayStation).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger IF Idris is the next Bond, he has said numerous times he doesn't really want to play the part

personally i think Henry Cavill would be a good fit for 007

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I was just using his name as a placeholder. Superman would also be good!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo That's the thing though - I don't particularly want them to make Bond a better person. Do that, and it's not Bond.

I'd hate to see a 'name and number' pass down to create a sanitised protagonist under the Bond banner.

Just make a different character.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger honestly he looks the part
Untitled

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON well there are plenty of other numbers left

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo That's the way to go.

Honestly - I think they missed the opportunity to have a black Bond. They should have gone with Colin Salmon 15 years ago when, sadly, I really think it would've been more acceptable to the general public (the general public now being hugely more influenced by politicking) and less of a factional talking point.

Jaz007

@KALofKRYPTON I think that's what Daniel Craig did in the right way to an extnet, and I'll admit my memory of older Bond films is shakey, but the newer films come across as keeping it Bond, but a more rounded character at the same time. He comes across as more of a gray and real person. At the very least it takes out the rapey part.

Jaz007

KALofKRYPTON

@Jaz007

Spectre was pretty rapey.

Craig was a good pick to rejuvenate the series in the Bourne era. It's a shame he's so creepy in real life (he gets final say on female co stars, specifically the 'Bond girl' roles. creepy AF).

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON @Jaz007 apparently Tom Hiddleston is the odds on favourite for the next Bond
Untitled

well with what happened in Avengers Infinity War it's possible he would be free to play the part

Tasuki

Ok guys keep the thread on track here, this isnt the all encompassing Bond thread, we have a Chit Chat thread or Movie thread for that.

Thanks for understanding

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Jaz007

@Tasuki We just did a moment before. Aren't you proud of us. (No harm meant, thanks for doing your job.)

Jaz007

Jaz007

@FullbringIchigo @BowTiesAreCool I agree about Bloodstone being the best. I played it 3-4 times. I'm not even sure it deserved it, but I just really liked it. The melee animations in particular were good. Very few games the number it it had in their depending on the situation. It challenges Arkham in that regard, and stuff like Uncharted and Horizon have nowhere the number Bloodstone did. I'd love to see another one.

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki already done

RogerRoger

Okay, time to make a big sweeping statement that's sure to be unpopular with some, and get this topic back on track (although it was cool to divert earlier, but rules are rules)...

The very best music in all of gaming can be found in Sonic the Hedgehog games.

Come at me.

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger You have the weirdest opinions! I just don't know what to say... I can't even think of a game series with worse soundtracks right now.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic